It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Knight Re Entry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ToxicJane

I know.... it baffles me that they have not already done this. & for as long as they have known about it... you'd think they would of tried something by now ?

leolady

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

AK907ICECOLD

SLAYER69
reply to post by leolady

One of my favorite out-there conspiracy theories I read a while back was that capturing it and bringing it down was the primary/original mission of the Space shuttle using it's robotic arm. Very interesting thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efb94e3ce881.jpg[/atsimg]

Just to add a thought:

Does the Idea of what the dimensions of the BK fit into the bay dimensions of the Shuttle?

Was it a fail because it was bigger than first thought, then the BK disappeared?

BK is supposedly to be over fifteen tons. They say we had no way at that time to lift something that heavy into space and that we had not achieved polar orbit either.

15 Short Tons [US] = 30,000 Pounds

How much did the Space Shuttle weigh ?

I found this information:
Length: 122.17 ft (37.237 m)
Wingspan: 78.06 ft (23.79 m)
Height: 56.58 ft (17.25 m)
Empty weight: 172,000 lb (78,000 kg)[50]
Gross liftoff weight (Orbiter only): 240,000 lb (110,000 kg)
Maximum landing weight: 230,000 lb (100,000 kg)
Payload to Landing (Return Payload): 32,000 lb (14,400 kg)[1]
Maximum payload: 55,250 lb (25,060 kg)
Payload to LEO: 53,600 lb (24,310 kg)
Payload to LEO @ 51.6° inclination (ISS):
Payload to GTO: 8,390 lb (3,806 kg)
Payload to Polar Orbit: 28,000 lb (12,700 kg)
Note launch payloads modified by External Tank (ET) choice (ET, LWT, or SLWT)
Payload bay dimensions: 15 by 59 ft (4.6 by 18 m)
Operational altitude: 100 to 520 nmi (190 to 960 km; 120 to 600 mi)
Speed: 7,743 m/s (27,870 km/h; 17,320 mph)
Crossrange: 1,085 nmi (2,009 km; 1,249 mi)
Main Stage (SSME with external tank)
source

leolady

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by textbox

Maybe... however the claim is they didn't know it was there before we started putting stuff in space

Since the earliest days of the space race, the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) has maintained a database of all known rocket launches and the various objects that reach orbit as a result – not just the satellites themselves, but the aerodynamic shields that protected them during launch, upper stage booster rockets that placed them in orbit, and in some cases, the lower stages as well. This was known as the Space Object Catalog when it was created with the launch of Sputnik in 1957.

The trackers that fed this database were aware of a number of other objects in orbit, many of which were the result of on-orbit explosions.[21] Some of these were deliberately caused during the 1960s anti-satellite weapon (ASAT) testing, while others were the result of rocket stages that had "blown up" in orbit as leftover propellant expanded into a gas and ruptured their tanks. Since these objects were only being tracked in a haphazard manner, a NORAD employee, John Gabbard, took it upon himself to keep a separate database of as many of these objects as he could. Studying the results of these explosions, Gabbard developed a new technique for predicting the orbital paths of their products. "Gabbard diagrams" (or plots) have since become widely used. Along with Preston Landry, these studies were used to dramatically improve the modelling of orbital evolution and decay.[22]

When NORAD's database first became publicly available in the 1970s, Kessler applied the same basic technique developed for the asteroid belt study to the database of known objects. In 1978, Kessler and Burton Cour-Palais co-authored the seminal Collision Frequency of Artificial Satellites: The Creation of a Debris Belt,[23] which showed that the same process that controlled the evolution of the asteroids would cause a similar collisional process in low Earth orbit (LEO), but instead of billions of years, the process would take just decades. The paper concluded that by about the year 2000, the collisions from debris formed by this process would outnumber micrometeorites as the primary ablative risk to orbiting spacecraft.[24]

leolady

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

SOMEBODY probably knows what the damn thing is. Furthermore, there are probably items similar to The Black Knight that the public does not know about, simply because it is less obvious than something flying around the earth in orbit.

Nice vid, thanks for the link!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If I was an alien and wanted to put a satellite in orbit, I'd put it at a Lagrange point for greater long-term stability. And if that was the case, we haven't flown anything to a Lagrange point yet, so it should still be there.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
THERE IS NO BLACK KNIGHT!!! This has been so utterly and completely debunked soooooo many times. Why does this garbage keep popping up?!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

jaffo
THERE IS NO BLACK KNIGHT!!! This has been so utterly and completely debunked soooooo many times. Why does this garbage keep popping up?!

So debunk it. Your comment is completely moot. Please back up your claim.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I thank you Lady, *tips hat*

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

AK907ICECOLD

jaffo

I don't need to. All you need to do is search this site. This is a dead horse all day long. DEAD. HORSE. But hey, you keep flogging away, amigo...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

I have not seen it debunked, although some of the later photos were, the black knight is still a mystery if you go back to the original reports BEFORE (supposedly) we were able to put a satellite in space.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Where's Oberg when you need him?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When I saw the thread title I didn't know it was going to go back to this subject but sure glad it did! Cause after reading the first few sentences I was wondering about it just as well. Though I remember seeing some photographs were those clarified basically are those real? Either way I hope more information comes along.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by jaffo

I have not seen it debunked, although some of the later photos were, the black knight is still a mystery if you go back to the original reports BEFORE (supposedly) we were able to put a satellite in space.

The problem is that there are Z-E-R-O credible reports from that time of the supposed Black Knight. And I don't want to hear about Tesla, because he also claimed he flew to Venus, which he clearly did not.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

jaffo

Darkblade71
reply to post by jaffo

The problem is that there are Z-E-R-O credible reports from that time of the supposed Black Knight. And I don't want to hear about Tesla, because he also claimed he flew to Venus, which he clearly did not.

Just for the sake of curiosity was it debunked here or another website? Cause I want to search for some information on it; but so far I have only seen information that pertains to JUST the black knight and nothing else. So all I have seen is information that tells of what it is, sightings and what not.
edit on 17-3-2014 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

It's been debunked here. Do a search and then read JimOberg's posts.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Alright thank you. Now that I have a name attached I should be able to find it with ease.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The one time I jumped into the black knight thread Jim and I started to go at it...lol

That was fun and one of my more memorable ATS moments for myself,funny/fun stuff.

The Black Knight Mega-thread I think it is called, a very good thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

MystiqueAgent

Alright thank you. Now that I have a name attached I should be able to find it with ease.

Search for "black knight satellite". Oberg has posted in those threads.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Darkblade71

The one time I jumped into the black knight thread Jim and I started to go at it...lol

That was fun and one of my more memorable ATS moments for myself,funny/fun stuff.

The Black Knight Mega-thread I think it is called, a very good thread.

I would love to believe there is such a satellite, but unfortunately it's been pretty well debunked by Oberg.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

jaffo

AK907ICECOLD

jaffo

I don't need to. All you need to do is search this site. This is a dead horse all day long. DEAD. HORSE. But hey, you keep flogging away, amigo...

And you keep quaking like a duck. Are we going to go back in forth?

No you.no you. No you.

So what is the exact debunk, care to share the info here or just be "that guy?"

Be reasonable please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join