It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 79% Turnout, Exit Polls Confirm 93% Voters Back Crimea Joining Russia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
With Russian Tanks and Guns pointed at you how would have voted. Does anyone really think this was a fair vote.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

Didn't realize tanks would fit inside the ballot booth ..

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

knightrider078
With Russian Tanks and Guns pointed at you how would have voted. Does anyone really think this was a fair vote.

Can you please show me a picture of a Crimean granny with an AK47 or Tank barrel at her head?

I have yet to see a single Russian tank in Crimea.

I did see lots of happy faces in the voting rooms, children, people and elderly people. All with SMILES and HAPPY FACES!

Hardly the face of a forced vote.
edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You guys know what I mean. You have a Russian Invasion Force in your country with a basically forced referendum vote. That is against the Ukraine Constitution. This type of push is just how Nazi Germany started. No one stopped them before it was to late. And we were in a world war. It would be Like People of Texas or California Voting to Join Mexico.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think this is a riot, so many on this site who were bashing the US for supposedly spreading 'Democracy' now come crawling out of the woodwork saying 'Democracy' is a wonderful thing.

Plenty of future fodder...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

knightrider078
You guys know what I mean. You have a Russian Invasion Force in your country with a basically forced referendum vote. That is against the Ukraine Constitution. This type of push is just how Nazi Germany started. No one stopped them before it was to late. And we were in a world war. It would be Like People of Texas or California Voting to Join Mexico.

after the Mexican army occupied them in order to ensure the safety of Mexican citizens of course.....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

knightrider078

Everyone nut who think the USA is a tyranny..........but if they experienced a realy tyranny they'd run home to their momma's crying all the way!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Everyone nut who think the USA is a tyranny..........but if they experienced a realy tyranny they'd run home to their momma's crying all the way!

Have you ever lived in a country that was under control of a dictator? I have lived in two of them and in both the dictator was being propped up and "advised" by US military personnel.

FWIW they were both safer than some areas of the US I've lived in. Just an observation.

I don't believe the population of Crimea see things the way many westerners do and I wish people would just let folks decide where they want to go and who they wish to align with.

Also I say again Putin isn't going to allow NATO to park more missiles on his doorstep. If he does he's an idiot and he doesn't seem to be an idiot.

edit on 056pm1818pm72014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Hahahah that is golden!! Crimea River lol always good to find the humor in the world, tell me the gods do not have a sense of humor!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Closed for review.

ATTENTION!!!!!

Further disruptions to the thread will not be tolerated.
Posting bans will be the next step.

Please read the following:
--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
edit on Mon Mar 17 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Democracy is not that wonderful a thing, but a truly representative government is. Actual democracy is mob rule, majority rule. This usually results in the killing off of those who are not in the majority. But a republic that has a representative government, is a good thing. Our forefathers were darn smart, they knew a true democracy cannot represent all parties... so they did not set one up here.

I have no idea why we forgot that.
edit on 17-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

shappy

knightrider078

Can you please show me a picture of a Crimean granny with an AK47 or Tank barrel at her head?

I have yet to see a single Russian tank in Crimea.

I did see lots of happy faces in the voting rooms, children, people and elderly people. All with SMILES and HAPPY FACES!

Hardly the face of a forced vote.
edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

These people are Russia they know how things go. You go do what they tell you and stay around. That the option for staying in Ukraine was not even on the ballet would not even suprise them. They do not care if they are Soviet, Ukraine or Russian they just want to make it see the next day and it that part of the world it has always been the way of do whatever the people with the guns want. I know in a western culture that is not something easy to understand.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Russia offered Uks $15B in credit plus $8B in gas subsidies each single year. I repeat $8B savings EACH SINGLE YEAR.

Plus Uks export $18B to Russia each single year !! Now that market is gone. EU will not buy substandard Uks goods.

But the charm of EU was so much that Uks blew it all.

Smart Crimea knows the maths of money and economics. Russia plans to spend $3B each year into further developing Crimea. It should work just solid.

Btw, what does $1B buy in military terms?

300 T-90 Tanks i.e good 2 Armoured Divisions
or
Nearly two squadrons on Su-35s.
or
100 SS-18 Satans packing upto 10 MT destructive force i.e. each of 10 warhead can destroy a city of 2 Million easily.

Russia was willing to sacrifice so much for Uks and in return they got abuses and contempt. Its all over Uks, now go to Berlin or Paris and find jobs polishing boots or serving in a cafe.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

victor7
Russia offered Uks $15B in credit plus $8B in gas subsidies each single year. I repeat $8B savings EACH SINGLE YEAR.

Plus Uks export $18B to Russia each single year !! Now that market is gone. EU will not buy substandard Uks goods.

But the charm of EU was so much that Uks blew it all.

Smart Crimea knows the maths of money and economics. Russia plans to spend $3B each year into further developing Crimea. It should work just solid.

Btw, what does $1B buy in military terms?

300 T-90 Tanks i.e good 2 Armoured Divisions
or
Nearly two squadrons on Su-35s.
or
100 SS-18 Satans packing upto 10 MT destructive force i.e. each of 10 warhead can destroy a city of 2 Million easily.

Russia was willing to sacrifice so much for Uks and in return they got abuses and contempt. Its all over Uks, now go to Berlin or Paris and find jobs polishing boots or serving in a cafe.

Russia tried to bribe Ukraine didn't work. So Now Russia is taking it. Most of the people in Ukraine dont want to live under communism again. Yea silly People Ukraine don't want to live under a dictatorship.
edit on 18-3-2014 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

Russia tried to bribe Ukraine didn't work. So Now Russia is taking it. Most of the people in Ukraine dont want to live under communism again. Yea silly People Ukraine don't want to live under a dictatorship.

Right and the EU, IMF, US State department - CIA, Multinational backed NGO's didn't have anything to do with the overthrow of a democratically elected government in Ukraine.

Think the communists are bad, just wait until or if the IMF gets hold of Ukraine and they get a dose of th central banking austerity measures. Maybe they should call anyone they know who lives in Cyprus.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join