It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 79% Turnout, Exit Polls Confirm 93% Voters Back Crimea Joining Russia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
O.k.. so they will be apart of Russia?
WHAT WILL THAT DO?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Reinmax
Cracks me up that America a "beacon" of "democracy" and "freedom" support a week old group (current so called government of Ukraine) that obtained power by force even using snipers against their own people protesting that overthrew a elected government.

BUT - they wont support a population that choose to leave Ukraine due to the above and join Russia.

Stinks of hypocrisy and politics

Having foreign soldiers occupy land and then force those citizens to vote, after weeks of fear propaganda and intimidation, is not just nor fair.

If Russia is so confident that the results are true and accurate, let UN troops and officials into Crimea and after the UN gives approval, have a true 100% fair referendum.

What is Pootin trying to hide?

This is coming from someone who is Russian living in Chicago.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by john452

You're confusing Crimea with an actual country.

It's part of the unitary nation of Ukraine and has been since 1954.

If the locals don't like it they can always move to Russia.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

They just did that. There were International observers present in Crimea to witness the voting process and at the polling stations. They saw nothing untoward and one even stated they the "voting at gunpoint" was a myth. In other words, all was free and fair, but it is not the outcome Obama and his handlers - the bankers - wanted or will accept.

They could send in UN peacekeepers and call for a re-run of the referendum vote and still get the same result. It's a bitch when the people actually get to decide the outcome, rather than the murky world of vote fraud rampant in the home of the brave and land of the free!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Out of all the cries about illegal referendums, I have yet to see a picture of a Granny with a AK-47 or Tank barrel to her head.

Anybody got pics to back this up?

edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So having the people vote to decide who they want to govern them is illegal but having people violently overthrow an elected government is perfectly legal ...

dare I say that this is just a tad inconsistent?
edit on 3/17/14 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

SherlockH
So having the people vote to decide who they want to govern them is illegal but having people violently overthrow an elected government is perfectly legal ...

That sets such a dangerious example.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I would say its best to avoid any conflict in that region by giving Crimea over to the Russians. Mostly Russians in Crimea anyway.

Its for the best, to avoid any potential war breaking out which could lead to more than just Ukraine & Russia being involved.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The people have spoken. Banksters go home. Kerry, McCain, the rest of the war-mongering zio-freaks should be arrested. This world cannot proceed forward with this little group in charge of important things. It's time to take the gun from the monkey!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Bassago

I would say its best to avoid any conflict in that region by giving Crimea over to the Russians. Mostly Russians in Crimea anyway.

Its for the best, to avoid any potential war breaking out which could lead to more than just Ukraine & Russia being involved.

I think it is naive to think that Russia will stop with Crimea...

Think Georgia 2008.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Looks like the Crimeans have made their minds up.....It's a big no to the EU and no to the USA too!

Good choice if you ask me!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Oh yeah, that beacon of free speech and fair play.

Let's all become Russian.

*Groan*

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

*Groan*

Nobody said anything about "everyone" becoming Russian. This is about Crimea and the choice their people made. Trying to twist this into something it's not is of no value to the discussion.

Or do you think the people of Crimea should be forced to go along with Kiev, the EU and US interests when obviously they have other ideas?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

1. My post was a wry comment made in response to another poster, not about the topic in general.

2. I can't be bothered. Read my posts if you really want to know what I believe (there's a few of them). I've done this subject to death.

The US and the EU are imposing sanctions on Russia because they're nasty people who have an unreasonable dislike of Russia.

I hear ya.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Good, so let them join. What is the issue here?
Scotland is going to vote for independents soon, will the US risk thermal nuclear war when that happens as well?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

CJCrawley
reply to post by squarehead666

*Groan*

Their referendums look better run than the ones in my country (we have yet to have real referrendums on key issues). I am quite envious.
edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

simsumre
Scotland is going to vote for independents soon, will the US risk thermal nuclear war when that happens as well?

No but the comedy that will follow will be prime time entertainment.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

shappy

simsumre

Which comedy? I'm curious.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

simsumre

shappy

simsumre

Which comedy? I'm curious.

Well, it will derail this thread so I won't go there.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

CJCrawley
reply to post by Bassago

The US and the EU are imposing sanctions on Russia because they're nasty people who have an unreasonable dislike of Russia.

I'd say that sums it up quite well.....They really don't like it when the Jackboot's on the other foot!

America (with the connivance of the EU & UN) set all the precedents for Russia's actions......All this bleating about sanctions just serves to underline their hypocrisy.

Considering that the Russian economy is by and large based on real tangible commodities, whereas the EU & US economies are largely based on fraud, I suspect the Russians will probably remain unmoved by their feeble threats.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join