It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building on the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here is an image from google moon. It looks artificial but I don't know.

Your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i agree with you, do you have a link to the original picture? I hypothesize we have had bases on the moon for a while given most people think were still in the era of the 1970s model space shuttle based on 1930s propellant. Hell, firearms perform in space better than on earth. I doubt they recently bombed the moon just to see what it would do.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
there is another thread Here

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidx

I got the pic from doing a screenshot of google moon.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

I think it's an overzoomed bit of dirt on the original image.

The original image is from a scan made at Arizona State University. What you have "found" is dirt which was caught in the metric camera on an Apollo mission. There are many other examples. Many of them found right here on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Subsequent analysis during image reprocessing has revealed that during the missions foreign debris are present in the optical path of the camera system and can be seen in the seen in the photographic exposures. Selected examples of blemish features of this type are shown in Figure 2. A movie showing blemish movement can be seen here. While the image processing steps undertaken as part of this effort might remove some of these blemish features, users should be aware that blemish features exist and take appropriate precautions.

apollo.sese.asu.edu...

edit on 3/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That's so pixelated (over-zoomed) that it could be any thing. At that zoom factor, a mound or rock pile could look like a building due to the pixelization making everything look like it is at right angles. I think that area may only look square-ish/geometric because the pixels are square/geometric.

edit on 3/16/2014 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As a good rule of thumb, if you see something with 90-degree angles where you wouldn't expect it (eg the Moon) in digitised imagery... it's pixels.

top topics

join