It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
ok hello people of ATS i been a long time lurker but only just recently started posting so on a first thing let me say i do not really believe in ghosts myself but i have had an experience recently that has opened my mind up a bit to it

now 14 years ago i was watching TV with my dad i was only about 13 at the time and my grandfather was really sick in the hospital art this point. while me and my father was watching TV we noticed that the clock had stopped at 7:40 thought nothing of it when i came down in the morning my dad was not a morning person at all lol. the clock was going again and at the correct time my mother was at my grandmothers and my dad was in bed when he got up he said i take it you put clock right i was like no i thought you did it blaming each other for winding each other up it got left..

3 days later i was in house i got a phone call at about 8:30 telling me to go to grandmas they want me to go down ( i already figured out what happened they wouldn't ask me to come down otherwise) when i got down there we all talked got upset and everything my granddad had passed away so i asked did he die at 7:40 and my mam said yes my dad just looked at me drip white
so we all told them about the clock incident (my family are superstitious/religious/ghost believe type of people where i wasnt)

then 10 year on my dad gets diagnosed with cancer he only lived for 6 months after it was very late and had spread from his lung/bones/marrow/brain/stomach it was all over there was nothing they could do during this time i had my daughter who was born with a terminal illness(ATS this was my first post ever and what made me became a member in desperation that someone knew something about it) i was at home with my daughter she was in bed and monitor was on he heard someone say goodbye and i swore to my girfriend it was my dad then phone rang where i got the news he had passed away..

the other day on 3/3/14 exactly 4 year after my dad had passed away i return home from work and all the clocks in my house had stopped at 7:40 it was only all of the hand clocks all the digital clocks in house was flashing 00:00 like the normally do on a power cut but the wall clocks are all battery and there was 4 of em in house

after sitting down and thinking about this i cannot find a logical explanation for this other than my dad was letting em know he was there with a message i would only understand but then i was thinking god last time clocked stopped someone died so i was crapping myself for a few days but think it was just my dads way of saying hi

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Honkwoo1486

Outstanding!

…but think it was just my dads way of saying hi…

Exactly.

The reports from others are so similar as to lead one to believe that loved ones who pass are around… somewhere, watching over us.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Like you said a message only you would understand. I had an ex I used to live with and the same thing happened while we lived together. Her grandfather had passed away at 4:30am. There were multiple times in our place where were had different clocks stop at that time. Changed batteries and the same thing happened more than once on more than one device. Not the result of a power outage because our alarm clocks never flashed like they would if they lost power.

So I can reassure you, it was more likely than not a paranormal event.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I agree it was your dad sending a message only you two would understand. Just his way of saying, "Hey Son! I'm still here with you!".

Sorry of your losses, but at least you know they are still there any time you need them. Just talk to them, and they will hear you. They will answer one way or another! Maybe in a "dream".

S&F

new topics

top topics

join