It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi bill to legalize child marriage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

ArchAngel_X

andy1972
Iraq is now a democratic country thanks to the U.S..now they can vote for shi+ like this when they want.

That's the way I'm looking at it, too. As abhorrent the notion is to our Western morals, I can't help but be amused to a small extent with the implication that this is seen as important enough of an issue in Iraq to be drafted in the first place.

Do they want justice and equality?
Do they want education or health care?
Do they want to invest in technology or infrastructure?
... nope. They want to marry toddlers.

How sweet the air of democratic freedom must taste when not under the heel of a ruthless, evil dictator.

What REALLY puzzles me is..HOW in the name of sweet jesus does this peadophilia even get to be considered worth voting..i mean, someone, somewhere, came up with this is idea...and instead of the rest of the iraqi parliment saying - "Nooooooooooo..are you a god damn hillbilly", they've actually gone and put it to the vote..they're ALL sick..

This is like Joe dirt and his sister...

edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy
Excuse my ignorance, but what do laws in another country have to do with the US?

If you don't like laws in Iraq, don't go there.

I don't like laws in the US so I simply don't go there, simply really.

Because injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,and when things get really really bad they will find a way here and the unjust ones will follow them here,given enough time,power and money their unjust ones may even set the same rules here.

I don't feel threatened, why do you feel threatened thousands of miles away with a huge span of water in between?

Iraq has existed for how many years? Name a year they invaded or attacked militarily or democratically your country?

Thousands of miles away is true but it only take 24hrs to get from just about any point of the globe to get to another.
22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.
Do I need to go into the Babylonian empire??

Wait, this thread was about Iraq. now you bring Iran into it. What has this got to do with Iran again?

So, Babylonians discovered America before Columbus or did they invade after Columbus invaded? Please fill me in.

Iran invaded the US on 22nd Sept 1980.. ok. I missed that one, sorry.

Kuwait invaded America on 2nd August 1990, I missed that one also. I don't watch TV much sorry.

edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

The point is with oppressive laws come civil strife and migration look at France, a stupid cartoon got one man stabbed,while a Somali Dutch woman Ayaan Hirsi Ali had to flee to the U.S for dear life.

How did that ruin the quality of life in Japan, I missed that part.

I live as a guest my home is New York.so yes I worry.

So the quality of life in New York has suffered greatly due to a child getting married by some law that you disagree with that has absolutely nothing to do with you in a far far away a country.

How on earth do you sleep at night.

I don't I actually hate grown assed people who will do harm to a child anywhere in world especially a society that is toying with the idea to make it legal!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy
Excuse my ignorance, but what do laws in another country have to do with the US?

Because injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,and when things get really really bad they will find a way here and the unjust ones will follow them here,given enough time,power and money their unjust ones may even set the same rules here.

I don't feel threatened, why do you feel threatened thousands of miles away with a huge span of water in between?

Iraq has existed for how many years? Name a year they invaded or attacked militarily or democratically your country?

Thousands of miles away is true but it only take 24hrs to get from just about any point of the globe to get to another.
22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

Wait, this thread was about Iraq. now you bring Iran into it. What has this got to do with Iran again?

So, Babylonians discovered America before Columbus or did they invade after Columbus invaded? Please fill me in.

Kuwait invaded America on 2nd August 1990, I missed that one also. I don't watch TV much sorry.

The point is with oppressive laws come civil strife and migration look at France, a stupid cartoon got one man stabbed,while a Somali Dutch woman Ayaan Hirsi Ali had to flee to the U.S for dear life.

So the quality of life in New York has suffered greatly due to a child getting married by some law that you disagree with that has absolutely nothing to do with you in a far far away a country.

I don't I actually hate grown assed people who will do harm to a child anywhere in world especially a society that is toying with the idea to make it legal!

Wether it's legal or not, it'll still go on..customs are customs...and nobody will enforce the law.

"This is the core of the freedom. Based on the Iraqi constitution, each component of the Iraqi people has the right to regulate its personal status in line with the instructions of its religion and doctrine," said Hussein al-Mura'abi, a Shi'ite lawmaker and Fadila party leader"

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

So why don't you go and do something about it?

Their way of life and values are different to yours, I am not saying it is right nor wrong, it is not my place to judge them. How would you like it if somebody comes to your country and starts dictating how you should live your life? I wouldn't like it one bit.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

Their way of life and values are different to yours, I am not saying it is right nor wrong, it is not my place to judge them. How would you like it if somebody comes to your country and starts dictating how you should live your life? I wouldn't like it one bit.

So by your logic, legalised peadophilia is OK, because its "a custom", like raping 10 year old dancing boys on Afghanistan.

We have a moral obligation as human beings to stop this..it's not right, custom or not.

You don't have kids do you...

And in this case..YES we do have the moral high ground and yes we have an obligation to stop it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

andy1972

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

So by your logic, legalised peadophilia is OK, because its "a custom", like raping 10 year old dancing boys on Afghanistan.

We have a moral obligation as human beings to stop this..it's not right, custom or not.

If you care for Afghanistan so much, go live there, become a politican and change the laws.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

andy1972

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

Wether it's legal or not, it'll still go on..customs are customs...and nobody will enforce the law.

"This is the core of the freedom. Based on the Iraqi constitution, each component of the Iraqi people has the right to regulate its personal status in line with the instructions of its religion and doctrine," said Hussein al-Mura'abi, a Shi'ite lawmaker and Fadila party leader"

Well I hope the Iraqi people fight this and marginalize those pedos for good not making their arcane laws legal or given it a serious thought.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Spider879

andy1972

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

Well I hope the Iraqi people fight this and marginalize those pedos for good not making their arcane laws legal or given it a serious thought.

And that is entirely up to the Iraqi people is it not?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

shappy

andy1972

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

If you care for Afghanistan so much, go live there, become a politican and change the laws.

Im all for customs and culture. The diversity of man is our greatest patrimony.

However, a country where child abuse is considered the norm...it's not ok...

Clearly you think it is, so you must like it..

Your new here,,,think about what you say before you vomit it...it won't make you any friends..

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

And in this case..YES we do have the moral high ground and yes we have an obligation to stop it.

Ditto!!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Spider879

Ditto!!

There are people here who think it's o.k. to have legalised peadophilia disguised as a custom....

Sicko's...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

shappy

Spider879

andy1972

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

Err no it's not they are member state of the UN.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

andy1972

Spider879

Ditto!!

There are people here who think it's o.k. to have legalised peadophilia disguised as a custom....

Sicko's...

Some think Freedom thumps all including the rights of others and see no conflict, freedom without responsibility is no freedom at all that's just chaos.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

andy1972

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

Err no it's not they are member state of the UN.

Ok, you should immediately take it up with the UN, perhaps draft a resolution condeming it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Spider879

andy1972

Spider879

Ditto!!

Sicko's...

Some think Freedom thumps all including the rights of others and see no conflict, freedom without responsibility is no freedom at all that's just chaos.

Western politicans are probably more pedophiles than others.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

shappy

Spider879

andy1972

Spider879

Ditto!!

Sicko's...

That may or may not be true but it's not codified by law,they can do hard time.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

andy1972

Spider879

Ditto!!

Sicko's...

That may or may not be true but it's not codified by law,they can do hard time.

Yes, they have a "hard" time all right.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Spider879

andy1972

Spider879

Ditto!!

Sicko's...

I'd give up..he's a shill..
Anyone who thinks thay legalised peadophilia is OK doesn't merit a response..Their world is not the same as ours.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

I, for one, find this disgusting.

We are not an enlightened species. We fling poo, fight over territory, and are irrational at even the best of times. Sometimes, stories like these make me want to build big walls, giant walls.

And not look out for a few hundred years.

Maybe people will evolve, or simply kill themselves off.

Dunno what I wish more for. . . . . .

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Spider879

I, for one, find this disgusting.

We are not an enlightened species. We fling poo, fight over territory, and are irrational at even the best of times. Sometimes, stories like these make me want to build big walls, giant walls.

And not look out for a few hundred years.

Maybe people will evolve, or simply kill themselves off.

Dunno what I wish more for. . . . . .

Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C.S. Lewis.

These things will destroy the human race: politics without principle, progress without compassion, wealth without work, learning without silence, religion without fearlessness and worship without awareness. - Anthony de Mello

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join