It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi bill to legalize child marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Gerry lee " great balls of fire" Lewis married his 14 year old cousin...
Lorreta Lynn married Oliver Lynn just a few months before her 14th birthday.
now thats down home country...appalacia - middle eastern usa

there is a fine line about judgement; i've always been told sex with a 13 year old, or your cousin is barberic

oh well, what would one expect?
the world is run by royalty that's been in breeding its children for a long,long long time
edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago55 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

andy1972
Iraq is now a democratic country thanks to the U.S..now they can vote for shi+ like this when they want.

That's the way I'm looking at it, too. As abhorrent the notion is to our Western morals, I can't help but be amused to a small extent with the implication that this is seen as important enough of an issue in Iraq to be drafted in the first place.

Do they want justice and equality?
Do they want education or health care?
Do they want to invest in technology or infrastructure?
... nope. They want to marry toddlers.

How sweet the air of democratic freedom must taste when not under the heel of a ruthless, evil dictator.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

guess yoiu missed they had all that till the Us led coalition raped the place...
guess iraq was old enough to lie back and enjoy it

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Danbones

there is a fine line about judgement; i've always been told sex with a 13 year old, or your cousin is barberic

the world is run by royalty that's been in breeding its children for a long,long long time

Gerry Lee married his 14yrol cousin but was it well received by the general public??? or was shame placed upon him,I mean wasn't there a director Roman Polanski that had sex relations with an underage 13yrol girl ended up fleeing the country in fear of prosecution, in any case we are talking about lil 8yrols here, I know back in the day this was permissible but like cannibalism,slavery,human sacrifice it belonged in our shameful ignorant past.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Spider879

Danbones

Gerry Lee married his 14yrol cousin but was it well received by the general public??? or was shame placed upon him,I mean wasn't there a director Roman Polanski that had sex relations with an underage 13yrol girl ended up fleeing the country in fear of prosecution, in any case we are talking about lil 8yrols here, I know back in the day this was permissible but like cannibalism,slavery,human sacrifice it belonged in our shameful ignorant past.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

i don't disagree with you, i just feel the pointy finger goes both ways
check out the holly grieg story
judgement?
its only for those that get caught, or for those they want to out

i have to keep bringing up residential schools which happened here in canada
state sponsored genocide according to amnesty international
on children by government, and churches, paid for with tax dollars.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

I hear you...sir just hear me out.The opinions are made from OUR upbringing, values and education. Im saying the world is filled with differences. Many shock the hell outta me...but unless I lived as them, with them, was raised that way...I really don't have any real understanding of what its like for them.

I had an Iraqi friend who went back to get another wife. 29 yrs old...he had 2. One he divorced, the other he wanted was younger. He wanted one "older" than the last one. The last one...was 12. He would marry the new one (13) and bring her back to Michigan to live with him and the other teen.

Asking if that was legal...I was stunned to say the least when he just laughed at me. He said "Sure it is! I can bring all my wives wherever. Youre not from my country see?" I only saw somewhere exists in this world whose customs, religion, foods and ways of life I would NEVER understand that appalls me...yet is normal for them.

That's all I meant to a basic situation that offends both myself...and you.

Thanks MS

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Danbones
im ginna not mention the insane rape statistics in the non muslim us army in order not to embarrass you

Or you could not mention it because the two aren't comparable in any sense.
There is no % incidence of rape, in contravention of the laws of an institution, that would compare to a society legalizing paedophilia.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This county is in worse shape then when it was under the evil dictator.

Now it is ruled by tribes and gangs.

Good Job "Democracy".

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance, but what do laws in another country have to do with the US?

If you don't like laws in Iraq, don't go there.

I don't like laws in the US so I simply don't go there, simply really.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

shappy
Excuse my ignorance, but what do laws in another country have to do with the US?

Conscription = forced vacations to lands where overseas laws contravene local norms to the point it becomes an issue.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

hexillion

shappy

Conscription = forced vacations to lands where overseas laws contravene local norms to the point it becomes an issue.

Mandatory conscription has been made law again in the UK / US? Boy is that a biggie, I missed that news. Got a link?

edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

shappy

Because injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,and when things get really really bad they will find a way here and the unjust ones will follow them here,given enough time,power and money their unjust ones may even set the same rules here!
edit on 17-3-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Spider879

shappy

Because injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,and when things get really really bad they will find a way here and the unjust ones will follow them here,given enough time,power and money their unjust ones may even set the same rules here.

I don't feel threatened, why do you feel threatened thousands of miles away with a huge span of water in between?

Iraq has existed for how many years? Name a year they invaded or attacked militarily or democratically your country?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Because injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,and when things get really really bad they will find a way here and the unjust ones will follow them here,given enough time,power and money their unjust ones may even set the same rules here.

I don't feel threatened, why do you feel threatened thousands of miles away with a huge span of water in between?

Iraq has existed for how many years? Name a year they invaded or attacked militarily or democratically your country?

Not my country but??..the last one was how I got involved in the first place.
Thousands of miles away is true but it only take 24hrs to get from just about any point of the globe to get to another.
22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.
Do I need to go into the Babylonian empire??

edit on 17-3-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Thousands of miles away is true but it only take 24hrs to get from just about any point of the globe to get to another.
22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

Wait, this thread was about Iraq. now you bring Iran into it. What has this got to do with Iran again?

So, Babylonians discovered America before Columbus or did they invade after Columbus invaded? Please fill me in.

Iran invaded the US on 22nd Sept 1980.. ok. I missed that one, sorry.

Kuwait invaded America on 2nd August 1990, I missed that one also. I don't watch TV much sorry.

Ahh I got it wrong, I see your in japan, did Iran or Kuwait invade Japan? I sure missed that, could have been a big show on TV.

Care to link that?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

Wait, this thread was about Iraq. now you bring Iran into it. What has this got to do with Iran again?

So, Babylonians discovered America before Columbus or did they invade after Columbus invaded? Please fill me in.

Kuwait invaded America on 2nd August 1990, I missed that one also. I don't watch TV much sorry.

The point is with oppressive laws come civil strife and migration look at France, a stupid cartoon got one man stabbed,while a Somali Dutch woman Ayaan Hirsi Ali had to flee to the U.S for dear life.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

The point is with oppressive laws come civil strife and migration look at France, a stupid cartoon got one man stabbed,while a Somali Dutch woman Ayaan Hirsi Ali had to flee to the U.S for dear life.

How did that ruin the quality of life in Japan, I missed that part.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

I live as a guest my home is New York.so yes I worry.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

Spider879

shappy

22 September 1980.Iran.
2 August 1990 Kuwait.

I live as a guest my home is New York.so yes I worry.

So the quality of life in New York has suffered greatly due to a child getting married by some law that you disagree with that has absolutely nothing to do with you in a far far away a country.

How on earth do you sleep at night.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join