It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Shill Hysteria" Is Destroying the Conspiracy Theorist World

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:
(post by SkeetFighter removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

They absolutely can be held responsible for what is posted here if they are made aware of it, they are then obligated to remove the content:

This obviously doesn't apply, we are talking about blanket censorship, without there ever being a lawsuit or even a complaint by a supposed victim of libel or such.

Although it does not specifically outline all instances, it does contend that an ISP is not responsible for the information published by their users unless and until they are informed of any infringement; at this point, the ISP should act to remove the content or face legal action themselves.

I am right though, they are not responsible for what a members says, only for keeping it up after there is a legit complaint.
edit on 21-3-2014 by SkeetFighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

SkeetFighter
This obviously doesn't apply, we are talking about blanket censorship, without there ever being a lawsuit or even a complaint by a supposed victim of libel or such.

It certainly does if the topic/comments have been previously determined to be putting the website at risk.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Topic IS:

"Shill Hysteria" Is Destroying the Conspiracy Theorist World

"

NOT... no planes/SH theories, etc.

Please focus further responses on the Actual topic of discussion!!

Thank you

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I can only imagine that it is to "weed out the crap" just like you put it.

You know, like people that lie and are not sincere on a perpetual basis.

edit, just saw the warning sorry
edit on 21-3-2014 by SkeetFighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkeetFighter

No it is not.

Yes some people call other members shills because they can't win a discussion. This is only a small problem compared to all the real shilling going on and I don't see the need for this overly dramatic thread focussing on a vitually non existant problem and its unrealistic consequences.

You're saying here that it is, in fact, a problem.

But I have to call bs here, when you say "non-existent problem."

I can't talk to anyone on this site without "shill" being thrown out there.

Its been in literally every debate I've had on ATS.

Do you think Jews and reptilian aliens rule the world? I don't. Just saying.

Are you perhaps a shill?

Wow, good on you.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Nothing worth doing is easy.

If I said that the us had a listening device that used nylon fibers deployed by aircraft to pick up audio signals from and area of interest. Some people would believe it, some people would find some kind of relevant or irrelevant source material to say I drew from and some would say that I made it up or use it to cover for some other method to gain info.

With things as they are now with computer generated profiles fake news and distrust who really knows what's real and what makes someone credible.

I read somewhere that the truth is what the most people believe, that probably says all about what is real and who is real these days. Ats is a minority subset in a much bigger world, so by the above definition anything posted not widespread is a lie.

Live for yourself not the truth of others.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Truth has nothing to do with opinion. Truth is about facts. I hate it when people say "that's just your opinion, my opinion is equally valid" because clearly that is often not true. If I say the White House is in Washington DC and you and your friend say it's in Topeka then that doesn't make you two right and me wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

No, I'm saying that there's a lot of batsh*t crazy people who will believe anything as long as it goes against the "official story".

Some people require a little more than just being TOLD a fantastic story. This is about science, facts, verification, validation, PEER REVIEW the official story...and why is has not required any.

The 2008 "official story" is comprised of NO supporting facts from the 2005 NIST scientific investigation, and "brand new physics" that they REFUSE to prove through proper scientific peer review.

so...knowing these FACTS....would you accept it?

oh and they are facts....as I have posted on another thread here.

with stupid videos and half-baked theories.

YOU seem to have the WRONG idea of what a 'truther' is...

The Dictum of BOTH Law and Debate is Those whom assert MUST PROVE.

first come the asserted claims PUSHED as truth......now 'truthers' are here asking questions and DEMANDING the evidence...and there is NONE!

now what is suppose to happen because one know these FACTS......you TELL THE WORLD!!!

and what do 'they' do in response, NOT defend themselves, but make fun of those asking, equating asking questions to LocNess, BigFoot, Fairies, Orbs....anything they can do,EXCEPT provide supporting EVIDENCE!

Just let them all stew in their own morass of ignorance.

seems YOU are the cook, so what's on tap for today????
YOUR supporting EVIDENCE of the claims PUSHED as truth???????

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

(post by zigzags removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join