It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If time travel was possible, what time and place would you go back to and why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I would want to experience the first cave paintings, rock art, petroglyphs, find out their true meanings, find the first men and women, what really happened, the first moments of awareness, the first tribe, the first concept of a creator, the first campfire, the first shaman, the first dreamtime.

I would like to find my way back to the garden.

youtu.be...

I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him where are you going
And this he told me

We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
back to the garden

Mother earth will swallow you, lay your body down

edit on 123131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would like to go back to Japan in the early 16th century and witness one of Miyamoto Musashi's famous duels, preferably one where he faced off against multiple opponents by himself, that would be something to see.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

...or how about the 6th floor of the Texas Book Depository on November 22, 1963, at about 12.30pm?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

This is such a hard question, so many choices!

1536 England and the fall of Anne Boleyn

Anne was the second wife of King HenryVIII of England and the mother of England' most famous Queen, Elizabeth I.Henry divorced his first wife Katherine of Aragon after she failed to give him a son. Love how back in the days it was always the womans fault if the baby was born female!) The Church of England was created for the purpose of granting the king a divorce from Queen Katherine, leaving Henry free to wed Anne.

It was 1536 and Anne Boleyn was pregnant (with what was likely a male child) when she discovered Jane Semor (future wife #3) sitting on the kings lap. After this she lost the baby and sealed her fate.

On May 19, 1536 Anne Boleyn was executed for treason. She was said to have slept with 5 men, one being her brother. These charges were most likely false but cleared the way for the king to marry Jane.

Anne Boleyn's last words:

Good Christian people, I am come hither to die, for according to the law, and by the law I am judged to die, and therefore I will speak nothing against it. I am come hither to accuse no man, nor to speak anything of that, whereof I am accused and condemned to die, but I pray God save the king and send him long to reign over you, for a gentler nor a more merciful prince was there never: and to me he was ever a good, a gentle and sovereign lord. And if any person will meddle of my cause, I require them to judge the best. And thus I take my leave of the world and of you all, and I heartily desire you all to pray for me. O Lord have mercy on me, to God I commend my soul

link

I would love to have been a fly on the wall during this time. Anne is one of my favorite historical figures, she was a strong woman who changed the course of history.

edit on 16-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling....

edit on 16-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Well, she was....something.

Have you read, by chance, The Autobiography of Henry VIII: With Notes by His Fool, Will Somers

I think you'd really enjoy it!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Thanks! I have
Theres a bookshelf in my home dedicated to books about her. Such an interesting woman that lived in very dangerous times.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Did you love it!! I did.
I have lots of books about that time as well. Was also involved in our local Renaissance Festival, recreating the time/feel of that era (without all the stink and slop and starvation, of course).

All hail! Well met, good madam!!!

buz

EDIT: Sorry, going off topic. There are so many places/times that I want to visit - the local Ren Fest was a way to do it - and loads of fun, too. I know, I know - geeks. But hey - it's pertinent to the question.....

and I almost feel like I did do just that in the years I was involved. Even learned how to make clothing in the traditional way! Just without all the hardship, hunger, stench, fear, etc.....

Next I'd go to very early "New World" colonies....

edit on 3/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'd go back in time to the Ordovician period, when there were only plants on land and I'd just sit back in a lawn chair and enjoy the quiet breeze.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Thanks! I have
Theres a bookshelf in my home dedicated to books about her. Such an interesting woman that lived in very dangerous times.

She had to go, pure and simple..no son and a fist full of miscarriages..

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

sn0rch

Phage
I'd like to be the first human to set foot...anywhere.
Because it would be cool.

edit on 3/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I'd go back to 30 seconds before phage and take a photo of the look on his face as he sees me, being the first human setting foot anywhere

Ahhah. I kid..

I'd go back to December 27th 2013 and murder myself to prevent all of the things that happened, from happening. And because I would then have created a paradox, I would not have actually interfered with history. Because I would then not be alive to go back in time and murder myself.

I'm nothing if not profoundly inane!

Ahh...if only it were that simple.

You would have killed yourself for nothing.

A paradox cannot exist for the reasons you've said, if anything a separate and new dimension would spontaneously exist where the victim you, lying in a pool of blood would immediately be shunted, after the you from this dimension just killed yourself...and your problems would remain in this dimension.

I'd go back to 1947...to a little town called Roswell. I think we all know why.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
Well, I know what Cher would do....
but as for me, there are lots of times and places I'd like to experience.
Do we only get one choice?

I'd like to remote view the lives/or at least the circumstances of my progenitors. I'm into genealogy....
to go back and see how each of the women who eventually resulted in "me" being born lived.

Only one choice - no..you can go where you likeas many times as you like..thats the beauty if it.

Maybe the night Billy the kid was (or wasn't) killed, just to see if Pat Garrett let him go, for old times sake.
edit on PM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I would go back in time to when man first began to stand erect, when he started using words to communicate. Just to find out what their thoughts were on the world around them at the time.
What did they believe in?
Did they hunt for fun or necessity?
If I could really communicate with them, I would ask them the same question, "If time travel was possible, what time and place would you go back to and why?"

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy

This is such a hard question, so many choices!

1536 England and the fall of Anne Boleyn

I chose Elizabethan Engalnd...i just love Shakespeare, I've always wanted to walk around feeling a sword banging against my hip.

Just love the era...The 17th century aswell, a good duel...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Go back as see who created the Oak Island mystery.

Coral castle in Florida. Be a fly on the wall and see how he moved those stones. The secret would be worth a fortune and change the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
the summer of 1976, because it was fantastic, and i had my whole life ahead of me.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'd go back to my first kiss. Just because that's the kind of mood I'm in. Tomorrow I might pick something different.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Back to the 1980s. I'd have my youth and it's not too far back that I wouldn't remember the relative dates of important current events and trends. With this knowledge I'd be able to become incredibly rich and powerful probably the most powerful person on earth and I would know exactly what stocks, what real estate, what skills, what books, which people I'd need to meet. What could be better than that?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

There's a pretty good sci-fi novel by Stephen Baxter (Based on a story/synopsis by Arthur Clarke) called - The Light of Other Days which deals with this premise almost exactly. You could go back and "see" the past but not interact or affect it.

At one point it talks about so many people going back to the crucifixion of Jesus that it was actually hard to see the event.

I read it years ago but it was pretty enjoyable IIRC. You may like it...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The Light of Other Days

The Light of Other Days is a 2000 science fiction novel written by Stephen Baxter based on a synopsis by Arthur C. Clarke,[1] which explores the development of wormhole technology to the point where information can be passed instantaneously between points in the space-time continuum.

en.wikipedia.org...

Awesome....I'll have to read it. I recently re-read the five (or so) books of the Dune (Frank Herbert) series....

It pulls things together so very well.

edit on 3/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

the summer of 1976.....right after I got my diploma from high school!!!!

Yay for the class of 1976. Although I was a year younger than my cohorts (started school at age 4).....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join