It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Officials Lean Toward 'those in the cockpit' Behind Missing Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (CNN) -- U.S. intelligence officials are leaning toward the theory that "those in the cockpit" -- the pilots of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 -- were responsible for the mysterious disappearance of the commercial jetliner, a U.S. official with direct knowledge of the latest thinking told CNN on Saturday.

U.S. Officials Lean Toward 'those in the cockpit' Behind Missing Flight

What we know about the cockpit crew
I see no motive in this article and it does not reveal much. Perhaps information is being held under investigation.

A source close to the investigation told CNN that Malaysian police had searched the home of pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53. Shah lives in an upscale gated community in Shah Alam, outside Malaysia's capital of Kuala Lumpur.
Two vans were loaded with small bags, similar to shopping bags, at the home of the co-pilot, 27-year-old Farq Ab Hamid. It was unclear whether the bags were taken from the home, and police made no comment about their activities at the residence.

This could be anything I suppose.

'Someone acting deliberately'
Military radar showed the jetliner flew in a westerly direction back over the Malaysian peninsula, Najib said. It is then believed to have either turned northwest toward the Bay of Bengal or southwest elsewhere into the Indian Ocean, he said.
"Evidence is consistent with someone acting deliberately from inside the plane," the Prime Minister said, officially confirming the plane's disappearance was not caused by an accident. "....Despite media reports that the plane was hijacked, we are investigating all major possibilities on what caused MH370 to deviate."

If that is a given than it is possible for the pilots to be involved, and this would also support the black box disconnection issue.

In the days since the flight disappeared, the Malaysian government has been under intense scrutiny for its handling of the investigation. The government has been criticized by some U.S. officials for not sharing information or accepting more offers of help.

Maybe Malaysian gov is ashamed or fearful of a truth that they feel may misrepresent them.

Mods feel free to add this to existing threads, I couldn't pick one plus this is a new angle.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Doh! daaskapital beat me to it.
edit on 15-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist
Doh! daaskapital beat me to it.

Please add further discussion to the link above. Thread closed.

join