It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet shaken by spasm of moderate earthquakes over past 24 hours

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A number of moderate earthquakes shook all around the ring of fire over a 24-hour period March 15 shaking the planet. The quakes were in range of 5.0 up to high 6.0's and they could be precursor to larger quakes. It's been nearly 300 days since there has been an 8.0 or larger quake on the planet, which normally has an average of 1.5 per year of that size. So, we are overdue. Also, there has been a lack of 7.0's or larger for 110 days. The world experiences 15 of this size quakes per year. That's quite a drought.

Here is a map from The Extinction Protocol showing the earthquake activity on March 15.

Indonesia...5.3
Indonesia...5.6
Philippines...5.4
Iwo Jima...5.3
Peru........6.1
Easter Isle...5.0
Colombia.....5.4
Chili...........5.4
Off S. Africa...5.3
Owen Fracture zone W. of Africa...5.0
Owen Fracture zone W. of Africa...5.2

There have also been more quakes since this story plus a lot of aftershocks. Some of this has been posted on the Quake Watch 2014 thread, including activity in California, New Zealand and Japan.

Also, there have been these 4 pointers over that 24 hour period above.

Greece.......4.5
Azerbaijan...4.0
India..........4.8

Planet shaken by spasm of moderate quakes

edit on 15-3-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This 6.3 quake occurred since the article above adding another to Peru. There were two quakes earlier in southern Peru, then this larger quake in northern Peru.

A 6.3 magnitude earthquake struck the northern coast of Peru. An earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale jolted six km west of Sechura, Peru on Saturday local time, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said. The epicenter, with a depth of 9.8 km, was initially determined to be at 5.566 degrees south latitude and 80.879 degrees west longitude. There have been no initial reports of damage yet. Moments later, the Kuril Islands was also shaken by light to moderate tremor.

6.3 quake rattles northern Peru

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Don't worry, it will be better tomorrow, there will be bigger ones to stem the drought.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Rezlooper
This 6.3 quake occurred since the article above adding another to Peru. There were two quakes earlier in southern Peru, then this larger quake in northern Peru.

A 6.3 magnitude earthquake struck the northern coast of Peru. An earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale jolted six km west of Sechura, Peru on Saturday local time, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said. The epicenter, with a depth of 9.8 km, was initially determined to be at 5.566 degrees south latitude and 80.879 degrees west longitude. There have been no initial reports of damage yet. Moments later, the Kuril Islands was also shaken by light to moderate tremor.

6.3 quake rattles northern Peru

Those were right in front of the Nazca Plate. I'm cautiously keeping an eye there, the volcanic activity is increasing in Southern Peru too. The most active volcano there is the Ubinas, government already started relocating some small andean villages around it. Magma almost reached the top of the crater.

diariocorreo.pe...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have been keeping an eye out myself. Remember OK having 20 on just one day if I remember right a week ago.

Some oddball areas having some small ones is what gets me. Not on any faults, just somehow happens. If that being true, Denver, Co should be expecting one soon or in this year.

Long time ago I had the strangest dream; 15yrs ago I was reading a map that showed US have a split down the center. Ran from Canada to Denver down to TX and looped around to the Miss river. So wide; east of Denver to almost KS.

And they are getting stronger, I see this too. Everything from earthquakes to volcanos lately I wonder what stress is just waiting to unload. Japan is still having their greater share of them lately and Montana which I thought was odd.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well, it isn't unusual for this shaking at this time at year, actually it happens every year in March and April.

It is very visible in Europe to, as the small earthquake which is allways active around Greece and Italy gets more active and spreads up north to Germany, Polen and france where the rest of the year you see no small shaking in those countrys and then it all ends with a moderate to a big shaking in Turkey.

Have a look at RSOE, it's lighting up as a christmas tree, if you look at it for the next few months you will notice what i just described above, if you look next year at the same time, the same thing is happening.

I have noticed this for at least 4 to 5 years, same pattern year after year, i would like to know the trigger for this as it very punctuate and it's Global.

It's like Earth is taking a breath of air expanding it slightly.

RSOE
edit on 15-3-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You know, that area isn't stable to begin with.

And then you see this:

youtu.be...

Why are we messing with that area to begin with!?
LEAVE IT ALONE!
Its called the freaking ring of fire....maybe we shouldn't bomb the hell out of it.... =
edit on 3/16/2014 by iammrhappy86 because: url

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

I think a lot of these American quakes are from fracking. Oklahoma had over 400 quakes in a month and like you said, a lot of these plates aren't near any faults. The one in Montana last week was at the northwestern part of the Bakken Oil field where there is a lot of fracking going on.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is full moon. Quakes globally increase on New and Full moon, as gravitational factors are a prime mover.
This is especially true of full moons in equinox and solstice, and the Spring equinox is next week.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Yeah, it states in the linked article that this activity jumps during the spring equinox. It's the fact that its been so long since we've had any larger quakes that should have those folks living in the seismic zones keeping their heads up over the next couple of weeks, there could be a big one. All this activity right now could be serving up as a warning.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Rezlooper

I think a lot of these American quakes are from fracking. Oklahoma had over 400 quakes in a month and like you said, a lot of these plates aren't near any faults. The one in Montana last week was at the northwestern part of the Bakken Oil field where there is a lot of fracking going on.

Here at greater Pittsburgh intl. Airport. They just started fracking. So far 26 wells. By the time they are done there will be 65 wells. And many more sites around western pa. So far no quakes reported. I live 3 miles away. The wells are 6000+ ft down. I looked up seismic activity. No reports yet. I wonder why Oklahoma is getting quakes and western pa is not.

Edit: there were already oil wells on the airport property before the airport was built. They are just tapping into those remaining wells and adding some new ones.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Also numerous earthquakes in the North of the Netherlands over the last 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Bigburgh

Rezlooper

Here at greater Pittsburgh intl. Airport. They just started fracking. So far 26 wells. By the time they are done there will be 65 wells. And many more sites around western pa. So far no quakes reported. I live 3 miles away. The wells are 6000+ ft down. I looked up seismic activity. No reports yet. I wonder why Oklahoma is getting quakes and western pa is not.

Edit: there were already oil wells on the airport property before the airport was built. They are just tapping into those remaining wells and adding some new ones.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Ohio looking at whether two earthqaukes caused by wells

Oil, gas wastewater disposal causing quakes

Oil drilling causing Oklahoma quakes, what will happen in Nevada?

Oklahoma wonders why the earth is shaking, Kansas quakes from fracking

Seismologist: fracking injection wells linked to earthquakes (from one day ago)

The evidence is pretty much there now that fracking does cause these quakes. It's not so much the drilling but the wastewater disposal wells. PA will most likely experience these quakes soon as well. Do you know of any sonic boom reports in your area yet or any other areas in PA where there is drilling? The booms may also be caused by smaller micro-quakes or fractures of the earth. There are many areas having these booms right along with the evidence of quakes and other areas that have the booms without evidence of quakes, but most likely, a huge percentage of these booms are from earth crust movement and not all are necessarily caused by fracking.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Thanks for the reply..I'll just keep on alert.
Old coal mines in the area do collapse....but never get reported/register as far as seismic activity.
None the less like you said..in time.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Lots of medium quakes today. Look at this map, guys >>> quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Menedes567

Also, a 6.7 quake off coast of Chili, not far from the two 6 pointers in Peru. As True American points out in his thread about it, this could be the area where a large quake of 8.0 or better may strike soon. These three 6 pointers in less than 24 hours could be foreshocks as they are occurring on a subduction zone.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
L.A. had a 4.4 today after a bit of a drought in seismic activity.
So most of the unstable parts of the planet are creaking, and bears out what should be expected.
Saying that, lets hope that they stay small. We don't need any more disasters presently.

join