It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need for Speed movie Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wnate dto do this movie review because I had heard some people or critic;s say that this was not was a good movie. I would beg to differ and I would probably also like to say that movie critics latley have been way off, for me that is. They said Anchorman 2 was bad, but I liked it. yeah some of it was forced but was it funny? yes

If your a person who is into cars and or racing you willl like this movie. If your a fan of the game you will love this movie. Which I am. Almost all the aspect from the game were in this movie form the police chatter to the country to city racing. I think one of the big standouts was the concentration on the racing aspect of the movie and the to include American muscle cars and exotical cars as well. Another thing that was a cool moment for me was where they give you an iconic look at Red Ridge one of the racing locations from the first game's. There was no talking just a look at that cool landscape will take fans of the game back when they first played need for speed.

The only part that was maybe lacking was the story (and I am not saying the story was bad) there were no twist and turns in this aside from the racing. You can tell whats coming next a mile away. But at least it flowed pretty well.

This is a good movie for me in my opinion it mor ethen rivals the feeling you got when you watched the first Fast and Furious movie. MAybe the critics didnt give this a chanc ebecause there weren;t alot of big names in the movie besides the guy form Breaking Bad. The acting wasnt that bad even though I couldhave done without the british girl. she was just not strong enough for me.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

As a long time fan of the game series I would be interested in seeing the movie. I usually don't put much stock into what the critics say anyway.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

you should see this movie then. the one thing that I mentioned to my cousin after seeing this movie was there was a point in the movie and you'll know it when you see it where the supped up cop car or the corveette style cop car could have came on the scene. It would have been so perfect if they would have done that.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I rarely go by critics or customer reviews myself as well. It comes down to taste.

The worst movie I saw this year was Gravity, but it gets raved about.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

why didnt you like Gravity? Sandra Bullock got a big pay day for that movie. hahah

I am interested in seeing it because of all the reviews and awards it got.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

I thought Gravity was okay but not nearly in proportion to the hype or its accolades, visually impressive perhaps. Of the best picture nominees I've seen (Captain Phillips, Dallas Buyers Club, Nebraska, and 12 Months a Slave) it's the worst. I want to see Need for Speed. Mainly because I saw Aaron Paul on Top Gear and he said that none of the race scenes employed CGI which is cool 'cause some of the stuff from the Fast and Furious franchise is ridiculously fake.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the review....

I actually appreciate reviews by people that actually know how movies are made and by people that actually know something about the entertainment industry.

This is a good place to get a wide variety of reviews.

www.rottentomatoes.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

American-philosopher
reply to post by violet

why didnt you like Gravity? Sandra Bullock got a big pay day for that movie. hahah

I am interested in seeing it because of all the reviews and awards it got.

Yes I am aware of bullock getting an oscar nomination. Means nothing. Oh she got a big pay because there was no other actors in it. Clooney was barely in and when he was. He's just arrogant and cheesy.

I didn't like it because there was no dialogue, no real suspense. Just Sandra bullock breathing heavy for 90 minutes, hyperventilating, talking, yet she is running out of oxygen . Dumb ending as well. Very short movie when you consider most good ones are at least two hours.

edit on 16-3-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

top topics

join