It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we found a message from the dawn of time? 'Major discovery' set for Monday could give scienti

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopy11

Im going to say im going to be highly skeptical of this data if its what they're saying. Since alot of people seem confused ill try to explain. In Einstein's theory it tells us we should be able to detect gravity waves. Bicep (Background Imaging of Cosmic Extragalactic Polarization) os locates at the south pole. It scans the sky at microwave frequencies, where it picks up the fossil energy from the big bang. If there claiming the detected primordial gravity waves this would be huge because it confirms the big bang.The primordial gravitational waves will tell us about the first moment of the universe's history. You are taling a mere fraction of a second or 10-34 seconds after the big bang occurred. This would literally be the point where expansion occurred its proof it occurred. The reason im sceptical is to detect this you have to filter out all the distortion of planets galaxies suns or anything else that was in the way that could have distorted the wave to look for the original signal.It be like trying to make out whats on the other side of a tank full of bubbles.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by snoopy11

Im going to say im going to be highly skeptical of this data if its what they're saying. Since alot of people seem confused ill try to explain. In Einstein's theory it tells us we should be able to detect gravity waves. Bicep (Background Imaging of Cosmic Extragalactic Polarization) os locates at the south pole. It scans the sky at microwave frequencies, where it picks up the fossil energy from the big bang. If there claiming the detected primordial gravity waves this would be huge because it confirms the big bang.The primordial gravitational waves will tell us about the first moment of the universe's history. You are taling a mere fraction of a second or 10-34 seconds after the big bang occurred. This would literally be the point where expansion occurred its proof it occurred. The reason im sceptical is to detect this you have to filter out all the distortion of planets galaxies suns or anything else that was in the way that could have distorted the wave to look for the original signal.It be like trying to make out whats on the other side of a tank full of bubbles.

Yah,

Thats basically it....... but I think its important to add not every model of the big bang produces gravitational waves.

Only those that do will survive this evidence........

It will completely rule out cyclic universes.

But the remaining big bang models still have problems three of them

The Flatness problem
The Horizon problem
The monopole problem

Regards

Snoopy.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

dragonridr
The reason im sceptical is to detect this you have to filter out all the distortion of planets galaxies suns or anything else that was in the way that could have distorted the wave to look for the original signal.It be like trying to make out whats on the other side of a tank full of bubbles.

Including everything which is invisible to us, such as singularities, cold dwarf stars, dark matter.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

look like you did eat the good one
poutine can be addictiv got a vegetarian friend from germany one day and he told me he was lucky there was no poutine in germany he would be addict to it

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Dapaga
maybe it's hover-craft skateboards?

My hovercraft is full of eels....

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Actually, I was unaware that we had actually been able to register gravity waves. I thought that all was theory and attempts were being made to register gravity waves but without success as yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

bbracken677

Dapaga
maybe it's hover-craft skateboards?

My hovercraft is full of eels....

Are they electric eels?

I might not have a hovercraft, but I've read Lovecraft. Is that close enough?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

bbracken677
reply to post by bbracken677

Actually, I was unaware that we had actually been able to register gravity waves. I thought that all was theory and attempts were being made to register gravity waves but without success as yet.

Apparently these gravity waves are primordial. But then as soon as someone says that, in a few years we'll hear about something else primordial. Oh where will the primordial ever begin?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The only way that this could actually be true is if the universe was in a closed system and this signal just kept making the rounds. That could also make what we think we see, not actually where or when we thought we saw it.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse
Who lit the spark?

Sorry my bad...

Anyway, talk about a misleading head line, first thing i thought when I read it was ooooh this is interesting but sure sounds a little to far fetched to be anything but tabloid... oh, gravity waves, message, proof of big bang... meh, not interested.

Guess my reaction sort of proves the reason they need such headlines. Although id probably have read it even if it just said Gravity Waves from Big Bang found etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I didn't actually read the article...my bad.

If it's that important it should be on Twitter tomorrow and then I will read Neil Degrasse Tyson's tweets, as though they were at least as interesting as Finding Bigfoot.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

sligtlyskeptical
The only way that this could actually be true is if the universe was in a closed system and this signal just kept making the rounds. That could also make what we think we see, not actually where or when we thought we saw it.

No what we are seeing is the heat from its expansion has nothing to do with radiation making loops. Ok lets say we had a light in a room then we remove all the air the room will still have an average temperature because the walls will radiate heat.Well in CMBR as parts of the universe were warmed up from this expansion of energy we see it. So we are literally bombarded from all areas of space from this ambient temperature.In a universe like you're describing there would be dead spots because if it was closed they would keep looping around and eventual form a pattern.

<< 1   >>

join