It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If stolen and landed the 777 is now a 8000 mile range guided missle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
More like a huge cruise missile with a top speed not much above 500 mph. (I know this has been mentioned, but) flying low means flying in the densest air possible, which means fuel consumption is quite high. They couldn't get very far if they did that. As a delivery vehicle for a nuke it's a pretty poor and expensive choice. It will take trained pilots and plenty of dollars to refuel and fly that airplane. This isn't a 9/11 scenario where some yahoos have to steer the plane for a few miles. They have to have successfully landed it, which is the hardest part of flying. A stolen yacht sailing into New York harbor is a much cheaper and easier alternative.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

A plane cannot avoid military radar even flying low. It is suicidal to fly at low altitudes in areas you are not sure of. Once it gets above a certain altitude almost any military radar can pick it up. Most every country will be on very high alert for any mysterious aircraft. I find this scenario unlikely. I do think it was hijacked and what you speculate May have been the original plan... However technology being what it is there is no way at this point it makes a long flight to anywhere and is used as a bomb. I would venture to guess almost every country would not hesitate to shoot it out of the sky if suddenly they pick up mystery aircraft. The 777 is a huge plane it is not a stealth bomber. It does not have radar evading technology on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

QuantumEffects
Here's a picture I found in the news of possible landing strips.

Of course, they would have to land undetected and unseen so that narrows it down a lot.

Or they landed it in a country whose military is in on it like Iran, Pakistan or the like

Make the case man, make the case. You are talking about an act of war if a plot is uncovered, so why Iran, Pakistan and who is the like? US, China, Australia? We are now told someone took over the plane. That means the passenger manifest is the clue, but the irony is that the manifest is more likely to have more possible victims than terrorists.

The Manifest: Link to Passenger Manifest

edit on 15/3/14 by argentus because: unnecessary to list the entire passenger manifest

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by championoftrul the variousth

At this moment there are 25 different 777-200s in the air over the US. How do you propose that the several hundred thousand sundry soldiers and sailors and drunken rednecks on roofs identify the maybe hijacked serial number 777-355 from the rest before they let fly with their Stinger missiles. Most probably couldn't tell the difference between the 777 and the 7757,767 and/or 787 and all the sundry 300 series airbus aircraft.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A subsonic missile...made of aluminum...that will appear on IFF radar as a 777, when everyone in the area is looking for a missing 777...loaded with explosives by a terror group that can't successfully blow up a pair of shoes or some underwear?

(yawn)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Totally agreed. They cannot evade sophisticated military radar no matter how hard they try. The stealth bomber can be picked up with most modern radar. It has no transponder.. It does not have the onboard system updating telemetry. It had paint the is supposed to disperse radar. It is silly to think a 777 can evade radar for a attack in this day and age. It is impossible.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why is there an assumption this is the only plane terrorists have access too? It's as if people here believe terrorists couldn't get a plane on the black market or from the numerous weapons dealers around the globe.

Sure they might not get a plane as nice as this one, but how nice it is doesn't matter that much. Just has to get the job done. The whole premise of this thread is not one I agree with. Think it's much more likely the plane was hijacked due to some very valuable information on that plane.

But this idea that terrorists if they wanted to, couldn't find an easier way to get a hold of a plane to turn it into a lethal weapon if wanted, I don't buy. Makes no sense to me. There had to be something connected to the passengers on this exact plane and the information they hold or have access too. If you just wanted a plane, this appears to be one of the more ridiculous ways to get a plane.

Other option IMO is that this was a test to see if this thing could be done in the future, for whatever the reason. But to go through all this to simply turn this very plane into a missile? There's more efficient ways in going about getting a plane if that was the goal.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think this was some sort of modern day Philadelphia Experiment to test stealth technology on Airline jets. Can you imagine if terrorists got their hands on that type of technology? Where they were able to cloak an airplane and attack targets at will? There's definitely more to this than we're being told.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

schuyler
More like a huge cruise missile with a top speed not much above 500 mph. (I know this has been mentioned, but) flying low means flying in the densest air possible, which means fuel consumption is quite high. They couldn't get very far if they did that. As a delivery vehicle for a nuke it's a pretty poor and expensive choice. It will take trained pilots and plenty of dollars to refuel and fly that airplane. This isn't a 9/11 scenario where some yahoos have to steer the plane for a few miles. They have to have successfully landed it, which is the hardest part of flying. A stolen yacht sailing into New York harbor is a much cheaper and easier alternative.

I am afraid you are out of touch with reality.
A modern plane is very easily flown nowadays.
Just set the course and the autopilot takes care of everything.A blind man could "fly" the plane.
Look at drones.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
can you make the topic title a bit more sensationalist?

there's all sorts of implications in this.. it's weird..

if it was just about patent holders being on the plane, you could just make the plane crash?
if it was just about remote stealing a plane and later using it as a missile you could just do that to any/every plane anytime?
if it were just about a missing plane, this would be any other missing plane story

i don't believe that every government in the world just doesn't *know* what happened to this plane
not when they can watch me pick my nose in front of an Xbox

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

F4guy
reply to post by championoftrul the variousth

At this moment there are 25 different 777-200s in the air over the US. How do you propose that the several hundred thousand sundry soldiers and sailors and drunken rednecks on roofs identify the maybe hijacked serial number 777-355 from the rest before they let fly with their Stinger missiles. Most probably couldn't tell the difference between the 777 and the 7757,767 and/or 787 and all the sundry 300 series airbus aircraft.

every airport has telescopes/binoculars.

also every phone has camera with zoom.

heard of plane spotters apps?

they use OCR to identify any plane the camera is pointed at.

OCR stands for optical character recognition.

phones routinely are used to read barcodes and q codes.

by leaving these phones in the window or tall buildings or having lookouts stationed on tall buildings the plane spotter app would alert the group contacts and they could take action.

it;s very simple.

you need to to be less defeatest.

America was built by positive thinkers not by naysars.

naysayers live in caves.
edit on 16-3-2014 by championoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

smurfy

ChesterJohn

QuantumEffects

Of course, they would have to land undetected and unseen so that narrows it down a lot.

Or they landed it in a country whose military is in on it like Iran, Pakistan or the like

Make the case man, make the case. You are talking about an act of war if a plot is uncovered, so why Iran, Pakistan and who is the like? US, China, Australia? We are now told someone took over the plane. That means the passenger manifest is the clue, but the irony is that the manifest is more likely to have more possible victims than terrorists.

edit on 15/3/14 by argentus because: unnecessary to list the entire passenger manifest

Anyone of the middle eastern countries

What gets me is that usually when something happens you have some crazy terrorist group making claims they did but this time it is all quiet on the eastern front.

from what I know once the craft went to 45,000feet the passengers are killed. the step dive caused a black out of any that may have survived and higher altitude.

And does anyone know about the 5 passengers who already checked in and at the last minute decided no to take the flight? From what I know they were not part of a group traveling together. Who let them in on not going and they checked out and got their baggage and left the airport.

edit on 16-3-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

smurfy

ChesterJohn

QuantumEffects

Anyone of the middle eastern countries

What gets me is that usually when something happens you have some crazy terrorist group making claims they did but this time it is all quiet on the eastern front.

from what I know once the craft went to 45,000feet the passengers are killed. the step dive caused a black out of any that may have survived and higher altitude.

And does anyone know about the 5 passengers who already checked in and at the last minute decided no to take the flight? From what I know they were not part of a group traveling together. Who let them in on not going and they checked out and got their baggage and left the airport.

The beyond maximum ceiling hight is not determinate, nor is any step dive, it is speculation so far.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Impossible? So you're privy to all the super secret tech that's out there. Just search this site or google. Cloaking tech is real - at least on a small scale and stealth has been out in the public knowledge now for decades.

As far as it's being advanced enough to hide a plane who knows. No country or person with the tech will announce it to the public. It may not exist yet but it's certainly within the range of a reasonable possibility.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

smurfy

ChesterJohn

QuantumEffects

edit on 16-3-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

There is no reason why going to 45,000 feet would kill anyone. The cabin pressure would have gone to an equivalent of 10,000 feet. You might get a small headache and be a little giddy from incipient hypoxia, but it ain't gonna kill you.
And a dive can't cause anyone to black out. A dive is an unaccellerated stable attitude with no abnormal g load. Depending upon the exact dive attitude, the pull out at the bottom might give you a 2 or 3 g push down into your seat but it takes a lot more than that to black out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join