It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Grail in Maine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't know about other folks but I really find the Knights Templar an interesting and mysterious subject. There is a lot of knowledge written about the The Knights Templar. There are any myths about the Templars, the most popular of which is they hid the Holy Grail, whether this is a fact we may never know.

The Holy Grail in Maine? History Channel researcher’s theory touches off fresh debate about Phippsburg artifacts

The late Walter Elliot, who died more than 15 years ago, was a hardscrabble Bath man with a high school education. He occasionally hiked in the area looking for arrowheads and other prehistoric artifacts, and in May of 1971, announced he had found three strangely chiseled stones near Spirit Pond in Phippsburg.

Here is where things get interesting, there is a theory the stones were left by the Norseman, yup the Vikings.

Perhaps bolstering Carlson’s theory is the location of two rectangular craters a few hundred yards from where the stones were found. An archaeologist excavated one in the early 1970s, proclaimed it was the remnants of a sod house and, using carbon-dating of a wood sampling from the site, said it dated back to around 1405.

But as so often happens there is a controversy over the authenticity of the stones:

“Most people figure out eventually that these things are fake and move on,” he said, gesturing at a line of previous theorists’ books and papers laid out across a table in a state storage area. “[In this book] it’s a secret code, then here it has something to do with ancient navigation, Sue Carlson thinks it’s poetry and now Scott Wolter believes it’s a Knights Templar plot.”
source

Christopher Columbus, The Knights Templar or the Norseman which do you believe discovered America?

edit on 15-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: added source

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think history shows pretty clearly that little Chris deserves the boot from the "Honor" of discovering the Americas. That went to the men of the Norse people. The only question with them is how far and wide did they wander after establishing settlement in modern day Canada. Apparently this tends to show Maine was on the list of things to do. I suspect..but cannot prove (yet)..that they went much much further in following the coastline, too.

I think the Vikings have it tho.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
And don't be forgetting the Irish folk who came here too.......
they found a lot of their dna in old bones.....

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

If the Vikings did hit the North American coast somewhere in Canada or even the area of Maine, I can sure image that they went south for the winter. Maybe not the first winter, but certainly any after that. (Humor)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What about the Native Americans? Weren't they here first or already here when the Vikings "discovered America"?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

intrptr

What about the Native Americans? Weren't they here first or already here when the Vikings "discovered America"?

My thoughts exactly. The argument should be refined to the first Europeans to discover America - who eventually "liquidated" the native people.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
given the way the natives look, i would say it wassn't europeans that first discoverred the new world.

Beyond that, i would posit that it was somewhat frequently visited by multiple cultures. I mean, there was a seafaring people, so seafaring that they had no home other than the waves and their ships....and they never ventured here (the Phoenicians)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I also believe the Vikings got to the Americas before anybody else, then people from Asia and finally Columbus.

The Holy Grail, a legend that has been alive for hundred of years...some believe it was hidden by the Knights Templars, others believe it's in Scotland or France.......Dan Brown believes it's the actual blood of Christ. But, according to historians, it all started in the 12th century and it was just a story made up by a French author: www.goodreads.com...

I tend to believe the Holy grail does not exist, but this is just my personal opinion...but great thread!
edit on 15-3-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I remember reading of one of the indian cheifs, i don't remember exactly which one, when he died amongst his belongs was a tablet with markings and the tablet came from the middle east centuries before..if anyone can remember or knows who tell me please.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

(sigh)... I thought we were talking about established people's from the outside world, discovering a land not openly known to any people outside it's own land mass.

However, if we want to get really historic...which native Americans? Which group, coming from which OTHER place, in their own origin story? Who might they have displaced to make their homes? Warfare among the tribes was common place and exceptionally brutal in some regions of North America.

Sorry tho.. Just had lunch and I've no room left for a bite off the guilt burger today. I was just commenting on the Old world finding the New for who likely has proper, not book based credit.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Hi again!

Well, there is a rumour (there are many in Scotland) that William St. Clair, the builder of Rosslyn Chapel went to America. The chapel was built in around 1450 AD, and he was supposed to have been over in America before then at some point. Doing what, I have no idea, but as you're no doubt well aware, the Templars and the Chapel have been linked before.

Keep digging, Dad, because this is truly fascinating!
S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

There are any myths about the Templars, the most popular of which is they hid the Holy Grail, whether this is a fact we may never know.

True. Was there ever really a Holy Grail in the first place? Another fact we may never know.

Christopher Columbus, The Knights Templar or the Norseman which do you believe discovered America?

None of them. Bones and early tools have been found that far pre-date those groups.

@Wrabbit

(sigh)... I thought we were talking about established people's from the outside world, discovering a land not openly known to any people outside it's own land mass.

Early Asians aren't from a different landmass?? Europe wasn't the only other landmass then just as now.

edit on 3/15/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I personally believe that there has been enough physical evidence found to suggest that not only the Vikings made it to the shores of North America. However, stating that the Holy Grail would be in North America, despite the fact that we don't know what the object or objects actually are, is too big of a jump in my opinion. The whole bloodline of Jesus thing is absolutely absurd as well. We know that if anybody could have found relics that were housed in the Temple in Jerusalem, it would have been the Templars, considering they most likely were looking for such things.

The big question in my mind is whether there were any of these Holy relics still remaining by this later point in time. Could the Temple treasures have been plundered long before, and if so, surely they would be somewhere in the Old World, IF they still existed at all. But even if the Templars found some amazing things, and this affected their meteoric rise to power after they set up their HQ in the Temple, the big question becomes "what happened to those artifacts?"

We know that Phillip had as many Templars as possible rounded up, tortured, and executed, and we know why he did it...mainly because he owed them a significant amount of money, as well as the fact that he could seize all their wealth in the form of property, currency, etc...And we know that he couldn't have gotten to all of the members of the order. It was just not possible. And we also know that a fleet of Templar ships disappeared. So putting two and two together, it is likely that some Templar members fled on those ships. But did they take their wealth with them, including religious artifacts from the Temple? There is no way of knowing, although we would assume that they would have taken everything of value that they had with them at the time.

So let's assume that something significant was on the ships of the missing Templar fleet. Where did they go? To me, the idea that they were headed for North America is not very plausible. Even if they knew of the existence of the continent, they had no support base there, no cities, nothing. I think they would have wanted to preserve their order in some manner, and I think the most likely place to flee would have been a place where they would be safe...among people who were willing to hide them and their valuables. This could be virtually anywhere in Europe, as political leanings, religious beliefs, etc., are not confined to a geographical region. There will always be people whose beliefs run counter to those in power, and because of this, the Templars probably had supporters all over the place.

Because there are so many unknowns, it is difficult to say whether they even had the "Holy Grail," and if they did, where they took it, "if" they kept possession of it. Heck, the Templar angle may be completely wrong in itself. Maybe the Ark of the Covenant really is in Ethiopia, lol...There was a large Christian support base on the African continent, and for all we know there could be other important religious artifacts of Christendom located on that continent. But I think the probability of such artifacts being located in North America is quite small. Maybe like a 5% chance, if that.

Some will call Oak Island to mind, which I personally believe probably does house treasures of some kind. But I think the most likely explanation for who constructed the system on that island is mariners. Maybe pirates, among whom an engineer was present, or more likely, explorers from a sovereign European nation...Maybe the Spanish. They would have had some highly educated men in their party, someone capable of designing what appears to be such a complex system. And why go to such lengths if one is not hiding something of value? But I believe these valuables are likely to be a hoarde of treasure from the New World that they did not want to carry with them, or could not carry with them. Perhaps they were already laden with treasure. Were there any ships who came back to Europe loaded with treasure in the late 17th or early 18th centuries? Perhaps they just couldn't carry it all, lol. I don't know where they would've procured such things, but it is possible I suppose.
edit on 3/15/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

AlaskanDad[/i

History is one big lie, I don't believe it for a second.

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

History is nothing more than a propaganda tool used to cover-up the real archeological evidence...

Confused? See the quote in the sig...

"The Los Lunas Decalogue Stone. It’s an 80 ton rock out in the middle of nowhere that has the 10 commandments carved into it in a combination of an Ancient Semitic and Phoenician."

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Some will call Oak Island to mind, which I personally believe probably does house treasures of some kind.

That crossed my mind too.

Maybe because of all the shows speculating on what's down there.

I agree that it is probably just treasures and not religious "artifacts" like the Grail or Ark of the Covenant (if they really ever existed in the first place).

Or else the Monty Python troupe has the Grail and the Ark is in an immense warehouse.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

beansidhe

Hi again!

Well, there is a rumour (there are many in Scotland) that William St. Clair, the builder of Rosslyn Chapel went to America. The chapel was built in around 1450 AD, and he was supposed to have been over in America before then at some point. Doing what, I have no idea, but as you're no doubt well aware, the Templars and the Chapel have been linked before.

Keep digging, Dad, because this is truly fascinating!
S&F

Now that is an intriguing tale,

William St. Clair, the builder of Rosslyn Chapel was thought to have gone to North America, all I can say is wow!

History has many secrets and some that we will never solve.

Time traveling historian's in the future? lol's.
edit on 15-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: sp

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Agartha
I also believe the Vikings got to the Americas before anybody else, then people from Asia and finally Columbus.

The Holy Grail, a legend that has been alive for hundred of years...some believe it was hidden by the Knights Templars, others believe it's in Scotland or France.......Dan Brown believes it's the actual blood of Christ. But, according to historians, it all started in the 12th century and it was just a story made up by a French author: www.goodreads.com...

I tend to believe the Holy grail does not exist, but this is just my personal opinion...but great thread!
edit on 15-3-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

Symbolically it exists from my point of view. Grail/Container/Body for spirit/ki/light to fill. Different religions same mystical knowledge and destination. Since Christians seem to hide how it works in the body we are stuck with eastern philosophy words like chakra and ki flow to describe En-Light-Ment in a human body and synchronicity that follows and the enhanced Placebo effect.
edit on 15-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I don't think the treasure the Templars found was anything that would have been stolen as a treasure.

What that was would make for some fun yet wild speculation.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I thought I would share this with you, incase you had not read the Vancouver Island theory before.

Leif Erikson clearly describes the direction and voyage. He states, '' They left the southern part of Greenland, and sailed in a northerly direction till they hit a large island," "They then went up and looked about in fine weather. Then they sailed through the Sound which lay between that island and the cape which projects northward." These direction's can only imply they sailed north to Baffin Island, then they took the northwest passage "West" to Alaska. bcvin.jpg (23421 bytes) Then they sailed westward around the cape of Alaska to Helluland [H], a barren land with arctic foxes and massive herds of rain deer. From there they sailed south east to Markland on the 58 parallel.[I] An Island lay to the south. bigfish.jpg (25567 bytes)This would be the queen charlotte islands[J]. From this Island they sailed southeast to Vinland.[K] An island on the 49th parallel, where they found trees as big as houses, salmon larger then anything they had ever seen. On this island a berry droops of a vine and makes the best wine. A place so mild, no snow covers the ground during the winter and it's a 3 month voyage from Greenland.

The "Island of Vinland "can only be "Vancouver island." .

source

Enjoy!

edit on 15-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: sp

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

How did Erickson start in Europe, sail to Alaska, and then back to Vancouver in 3 months? Is there a typo on that part? Or is there an area known as "alaska" in the atlantic region, too?
edit on 3/15/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join