It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company Launches JFK Assassination Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com.../pcworld/20041124/tc_pcworld/118717

A game has been released that allows the user to simulate the JFK assassin. The user can play the part of the assassin. The Kennedy family is upset about it.

I've got to admit that my usual opinionated self am undecided as to how I feel about this. I guess what bothers me the most is that JFK�s children and immediate family may be hurt deeply by something like this. In general are any games involving murder a good idea. Children are sure to be the main users of these games. Adults can differentiate between a game and reality. Children can not. What kind of deviant behavior could be spawned by something like this? Making a game about assassinating the leader of a country. What kind of message does that send to young minds. I can almost see a already disturbed teenager deciding to take the game a step further and make an actual assassination attempt.

OK. Writing this has made up my mind. This is ludicrous! This game should be either pulled off the shelves or it should be limited to adults only. Preferably the first. What kind of sick mind would come up with this. Or is this another senseless attack on Americans by Europeans by making light of the assassination of one of out countries hero�s.

new topics

join