It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sends Police to Arrest Its Employee After She Marked on Wall Map

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Campus cops are generally not the sharpest tools in the shed. And they come with built-in resentment because they're one notch above mall cop. So they tend to grossly overreact in situations where they feel you're not groveling enough.

I've had very few positive interactions with campus cops, tbh.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

MysticPearl
Should I double check with my landlord before putting magnets on my fridge?

It is not your fridge. It is a loaned asset. And don't even think about pirating its metallic elements.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I suspect that the reason these idiots had to take the woman downtown to ISSUE A CITATION.
Was that they were All ILLITERATE and had to Consult Someone That Could Complete The Form.
LMAO

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

bluesman1955
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I suspect that the reason these idiots had to take the woman downtown to ISSUE A CITATION.
Was that they were All ILLITERATE and had to Consult Someone That Could Complete The Form.
LMAO

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

She was trying to help the students…

Should have printed out the corrections on paper and glued it in place.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

stormcell

intrptr

I don't think it would have mattered. Whomever called the police about such a thing obviously had it in for her. Maybe an ongoing Admin. feud? A personal vendetta?

Just my take, I don't really know. The way the cop(s) were all complicit that this was a worthy crime to '"take her away" for you'd think they were related or something. Some people in this world have a higher institution than thou state of mind (and a brother or uncle on the police force).

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Though I don't agree with any of the reasons for this arrest, I don't think she should have
told the man that he was being a D!(K! What did she expect would happen when she
started to mouth off? Then after he want's to cuff her she wants to cooperate!
It's not like this cop choose to arrest her for some stupid violation!

He has a boss just like many of us and needs to follow orders no matter how stupid they
are! It's up to the police to keep the peace and mitigate when there is a disturbance
but when they have to bring her in to issue their citation maybe they have no choice
in the matter! She is stupid for thinking she could talk her way out of this when the
Po Po come a knocking! I have no doubt she would have been given a DAT if
she would have just cooperated! Then when she goes to court that is when she
needs to plead her case and not to the police when they have to bring her down
regardless!
edit on 16-3-2014 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

stormcell

intrptr

You are correct and despite what intrptr says above the man would not have
had the precedence to issue a warrant without her having a case for false
arrest! Remember she was being sited for destruction of the schools property
and no matter how admirable her intentions the courts only care about facts
or the portrayal of them!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Its reasoning like that I would never help the police even if a cop was going to die on the side of the road, I would honestly pass on by because I would be scared about what would happen to me. Life experience has taught me that not all cops are bad but that usually nothing good ever comes from interacting with them.

I am a person who loves helping people but police have made it real difficult to be trusted. I don't even trust police to be around my children because they seem to get away with everything. All due to improper training imo.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

~Lucidity
LOL@"You don't need to be a dick." I think that mighta been the moment the manhandling was on.

Ridiculous in its entirety...from the people who called to the actions of the cop that drew the short draw on this critical dispatch.

Why not just issue the citation right there and be done with it. Geebus.

They weren't there to issue a citation...They had no citation to give her...Ever been pulled over for speeding where they told you to come to the police station so they could write you a ticket???

They were there to put her under arrest...They were hoping it would be voluntary...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

When I was a kid I always wanted to go to america as I thought it would be like what you see in movies like american pie, and american tv shows like house m.d. But after seeing so many documentaries on how the people are treated and povity. Its been crossed off my bucket list and I would not even visit it if you paid me.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agartha

I may be mistaken but Im pretty sure University police are real police officers and not security gaurds. At least at my university they are, they can pull you over, carry guns, and can arrest you on or off campus.

to the rest of your post i agree

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

lightedhype

I may be mistaken but Im pretty sure University police are real police officers and not security gaurds. At least at my university they are, they can pull you over, carry guns, and can arrest you on or off campus.

to the rest of your post i agree

Oh, maybe in the US they are real police officers....interesting....cause in the UK or the universities I know in the UK they are security guards, not policemen. Thanks for telling me that.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Enough with semantics and legality. What about your own moral compass? What kind of person was the faculty to actually call cops for this? What kind of cop even addresses this yet alone takes it this serious?

This country has managed to raise a population where everyone is their own little emperor. Everyone in this country with a job uses that power to bust the balls of the person directly below them, because they technically can. There is no saving such a people like this, for as a whole, nobody thinks it's wrong. You all let our overlords come in and repeatedly lower our standards bars all while systematically weakening our moral resolve.

America, you no longer have the right to infer what's in anybody elses best interest.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Iscool

~Lucidity
LOL@"You don't need to be a dick." I think that mighta been the moment the manhandling was on.

Ridiculous in its entirety...from the people who called to the actions of the cop that drew the short draw on this critical dispatch.

Why not just issue the citation right there and be done with it. Geebus.

They weren't there to issue a citation...They had no citation to give her...Ever been pulled over for speeding where they told you to come to the police station so they could write you a ticket???

They were there to put her under arrest...They were hoping it would be voluntary...

Go to 3:28, and then immediately thereafter she says....

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

... I find it very sad that what you are saying makes perfect sense.

Why in the world would the school run to authorities before even talking to this lady?

Is someone annoying or inconvenient to you? No problem! Here in the good ol' US of A, you can just sue or have them arrested! And you can do it all with a guilt free conscience. If someone brings up the morality or justice of it, just sue or arrest them as well!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Criminal Mischief?

(1) A person commits the offense of criminal mischief if the person knowingly or purposely:
(a) injures, damages, or destroys any property of another or public property without consent;
(b) without consent tampers with property of another or public property so as to endanger or interfere with persons or property or its use;
(c) damages or destroys property with the purpose to defraud an insurer; or
(d) fails to close a gate previously unopened that the person has opened, leading in or out of any enclosed premises. This does not apply to gates located in cities or towns.
(2) A person convicted of criminal mischief must be ordered to make restitution in an amount and manner to be set by the court. The court shall determine the manner and amount of restitution after full consideration of the convicted person's ability to pay the restitution. Upon good cause shown by the convicted person, the court may modify any previous order specifying the amount and manner of restitution. Full payment of the amount of restitution ordered must be made prior to the release of state jurisdiction over the person convicted.
(3) A person convicted of the offense of criminal mischief shall be fined not to exceed $1,500 or be imprisoned in the county jail for any term not to exceed 6 months, or both. If the offender commits the offense of criminal mischief and causes pecuniary loss in excess of $1,500, injures or kills a commonly domesticated hoofed animal, or causes a substantial interruption or impairment of public communication, transportation, supply of water, gas, or power, or other public services, the offender shall be fined an amount not to exceed $50,000 or be imprisoned in the state prison for a term not to exceed 10 years, or both.
(4) Amounts involved in criminal mischiefs committed pursuant to a common scheme or the same transaction, whether against the public or the same person or several persons, may be aggregated in determining pecuniary loss.
(5) A person convicted of or who forfeits bond or bail for committing an act of criminal mischief involving property owned or administered by the department of fish, wildlife, and parks shall forfeit any current hunting, fishing, or trapping license issued by this state and the privilege to hunt, fish, or trap in this state for at least 24 months from the date of conviction or forfeiture.

Making a correction to an inaccurate and faulty sign is not destruction of property, therefor, not criminal mischief. Furthermore, obviously she did not "Knowingly or purposefully" destroy anything. She wasn't aware she was even doing "damage" therefor it cannot be criminal mischief.

The real truth of the matter is, the sign was faulty on purpose to cause students to be late to class/get lost so the university could throw them out of the class, keep their money, and then fill the empty slot with another body. Creating a circumstance that allows them to collect tuition twice for the same seat. That's criminal corruption right there. There is no other logical explanation as to why the university would allow this to happen unless they purposefully wanted an inaccurate sign.

As far as "resisting arrest" goes... how can you resist arrest on a non arrestable offense. Criminal mischief is a citation. A ticket with a desk appearance. To tell her she even had to go to the station is absolutely incorrect. There is no reason or need to warrant her having to physically enter the police station to receive a citation. That officer was in the pockets of the ones that called him and had to be told to escalate that situation to make it as difficult as possible for that woman.

This is preposterous. Shame on that officer.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Agartha
reply to post by MysticPearl

LOL.....your magnets + your fridge is not vandalism.
If you write on your landlords walls with a permanent marker and leave it as such then that is vandalism if you don't fix it.

The map was not her property, she should have acted with more sense.......and her managers are idiots cause they should have dealt with this minor incident in a completely different way.

No it's not. Not at all.

You know, the landlord collects a deposit for a reason right? It's so if any damage is done, or anything is not as it were when you entered the agreement, he can use YOUR MONEY that he's ALREADY HOLDING to fix said issue.

So in other words, you are paying for the right to deface the walls in your landlords home, if you choose NOT to deface the walls in your landlords home, he has to return your deposit.

First, last, AND SECURITY deposit.

Morons, the whole lot of you.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Abavs
reply to post by SLAYER69

When I was a kid I always wanted to go to america as I thought it would be like what you see in movies like american pie, and american tv shows like house m.d. But after seeing so many documentaries on how the people are treated and povity. Its been crossed off my bucket list and I would not even visit it if you paid me.

the us is losing BILLIONs in tourist dollars every year lately
for exactly what you just said

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The way this woman handled the situation was not good, the police get treated to expletives every day. She just made herself seem like she really was in the criminal category. This is a picture of women today, they give out the nice act and then when something goes wrong or they are caught, out goes all the decorum and they let the swear words fly. No wonder there are so many divorces today.

Having said all that, this is the most stupid response possible to an attempt to help out the student population. The way the cops are behaving is also just not necessary, just like her behavior. Scary times, people really are nuts out there, those who think they are entitled (the woman) to treat anyone any old way and those in power who are also out of touch with what is decent (the people who issued the complaint and the men enforcing it in the manner that they did).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join