It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian Government Repeatedly Declines Help from Interpol in Search for Missing Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The Malaysian government has repeatedly turned down assistance from Interpol to assist in its investigation of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a senior Western law enforcement official told ABC News today.

That offer has since been repeated several times and declined each time.

"It's the old pre-9/11 approach: close-hold information, don't share anything," the official said.

Law enforcement officials are now worried that critical investigative time has been lost and leads could well have dried up as sources of information could have dispersed in the last week. The FBI also hasn't been invited by the Malaysian government to help on the ground, sources said.

Malaysian Government Repeatedly Declines Help from Interpol in Search for Missing Plane

Not to add insult to injury on this one, but this seems strange in and of itself.

Here you have a plane, most likely intentionally diverted (hijacked, whatever) and you as a smallish country with a lot of internal issues don't ask for outside help from agencies that are well equipped to handle such things?

It may be nothing, it may be pride, it may be something, but if others are offering to help find a missing 777 and the people onboard, I would think that you would want the help unless.......... I don't even want to think about the unless in this case..

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
maybe they've decided that the us is corrupt and don't want their help for fear of what's in it for the us... just a thought

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

ladyteeny
maybe they've decided that the us is corrupt and don't want their help for fear of what's in it for the us... just a thought

Interpol

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
American Samoa
Andorra
Angola
Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Armenia
Aruba
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
British Virgin Islands
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Cape Verde
Cayman Islands
Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
China
Colombia
Comoros
Republic of the Congo
Congo (Democratic Rep.)
Costa Rica
Côte d'Ivoire
Croatia
Cuba
Curaçao
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
East Timor
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Fiji
Finland
France
Gabon
Gambia
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Gibraltar
Greece
Grenada
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Republic of Korea
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macau
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Malta
Marshall Islands
Mauritania
Mauritius
Mexico
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
Montserrat
Morocco
Mozambique
Myanmar
Namibia
Nauru
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Qatar
Romania
Russia
Rwanda
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Lucia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
São Tomé and Príncipe
Saudi Arabia
San Marino
Senegal
Serbia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Sint Maarten
Slovakia
Slovenia
Somalia
South Africa
South Sudan
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Suriname
Swaziland
Sweden
Switzerland
Syria
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turks and Caicos
Turkmenistan
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States ---------------------> Bad guys
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Vatican City
Venezuela
Vietnam
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

edit on 15-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

ladyteeny

Maybe they know that the evidence points to radical Islamic terrorists hijacking the plane for nefarious reasons and they don't want to the world to know that that their co-pilot was part of the plot, or that their air security sucks and that two Iranians with fake passports got through ...

Lots of 'maybe's ....

edit on 3/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

ladyteeny

:facepalm:
It's not American. America cooperates via it, though.

Interpol

The International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO, French: Organisation internationale de Police Criminelle – OIPC), or INTERPOL, is an intergovernmental organization facilitating international police cooperation. It was established as the International Criminal Police Commission (ICPC) in 1923 and adopted its telegraphic address as its common name in 1956.[3]

Edit: That is not to say Interpol is not without it's controversies, despite pledging to be a neutral organization.
edit on 3/15/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

ladyteeny

Not to beat a dead horse, but Interpol is (as has been stated two different ways) an international cooperative police organization based out of Europe. If it were purely an American invention, then for the war years (WW2) Reinhard Heydrich (big Nazi general, head of the Reich Security Main Office among other things) wouldn't have been in charge for many years..

I think that this actually shows that maybe Malaysia (and I am only speculating I have no information one way or the other on this thought) may suspect some of their own people are responsible.. and may be a little embarrassed?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

i also believe they hide something.
whatever it is, it could damage their reputation (BN) in the next election.
(i heard they're quite 'dirty', like when they thrown their strongest rival into prison two weeks ago)

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

thanks for this funny post!!!

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So they're accepting military help from other nations but not law enforcement help. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Maybe...Malaysia officials joined with radical Muslims from Pakistan and they are responsible for stealing the plane. They know they will get caught if Interpol helps...so they are stalling while they paint the plane ,.....Probably a great likeness to an American Airlines plane.....load it with bombs , fly to the US, and bomb Washington DC. ......probably some payback for going into Pakistan and killing Osama bin laden....only then will Malaysia start to ask for help by saying they didn't know they had corrupt officials.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Yeah.

Oh wait...

What's in it for us again. I forget...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thank you. That took some effort.

No one can hate America like the Americans can. Talk about self esteem.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

What's funny about it ? Clue us in because we obviously lack your keen sense of humour.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

i sit corrected.. i don't really think it needs repeated posts on the same thing, one person saying it's enough

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

you just answered the question on ur post above

another reason... it reminds me that mankind still hates/fights each other to defend their old beliefs on this speck of dust.

maybe one day when nations stop hating/fighting each other, that post by SLAYER69 is gonna be a tear jerker joke for everyone on this planet.
one of the bests!!!

peace
edit on 15-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm thinking the reason they are refusing the help is probably because someone (whoever is behind the scenes of this whole operation [probably China]) is telling them not to.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm thinking the reason they are refusing the help is probably because ....

Interpol mission is NOT a search and rescue.

They are police, not firefighter. They can investigate, what important now is - search and rescue.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

NullVoid
I'm thinking the reason they are refusing the help is probably because ....

Interpol mission is NOT a search and rescue.

They are police, not firefighter. They can investigate, what important now is - search and rescue.

THe Malaysian Govt has turned this into a Criminal Investigation, which is in Interpol's mission statement

new topics

top topics

join