It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to talk about a conspiracy???????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How about this:

Kurds in Iraq can carry weapons, but none of the other ethnic groups can.

How is this not a vast plot aganist peace???

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Possibly because Kurdistan is a separist state in the north, and they need to protect themselves? Otherwise, it could be a case of racial discrimination, and a lot of money.

XAOS

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
Possibly because Kurdistan is a separist state in the north, and they need to protect themselves? Otherwise, it could be a case of racial discrimination, and a lot of money.

XAOS

Discrimination???????

How do you figure that the US Forces would be discriminating aganist Kurds if they didn't allow them to carry weapons????

No one can carry weapons. So how is that going to be considered discrimination???

Not to mention the law has nothing to do with Kurdish states, because it is effective throughout the Iraqi borders. So any Kurd can travel in his jeep with an AK-47 to Basra and back up to Mosul, but all the other ethnic groups can't.

Now do you see the real discrimination????

Abe

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
That is what I mean, it is discrimination against all of the other ethnic groups in Iraq, and would make for one heck of a tort

XAOS

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The Kurds will be looked on with spite by the rest of the Arab and Muslim populations within and without Iraqi borders. Once again the Arabic Muslim populations will have more reasons to hate their brethren. Not only will it be Arabs, but Persians and Turks as well. For it is well known that among the above mentioned populations the Kurds are treated the worst by their brethren.

So how will this effect the stabilization efforts in Iraq???

To me this whole initutive will only destabilze the already unstable regions of Iraq. For the Kurds have always been the black sheep in the Iraqi state and they are constantly seeking an independant state. The Kurds expected the US and Britian to carve out that dream for them, but it doesn't look as if that is going to happen.

The Kurds will not forget the fact that they were used to take care of business for someone else. The Kurdish people in Iraq will now have more power than they ever had, and much more power than any other Kurd would have in places like Iran, Syria, and Turkey.

So the new stronghold for Kurdish resistance fighters is most likely going to be based in Iraq. My question is this:

If we have a stronghold of Kurdish fighters controlling Iraq, would this not upset the Arab World???

Many Arabs don't think that Kurds are Arab, and that they are just foreigners. So this foreign invasion is only the keystone to the new foreign State Order.

Yet can we call this overt and unfair right that the Kurds hold, an effective State Order???

Would not this initutive destablize any order possible???

Abraham

[Edited on 26-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The fact is, the creation of Iraq as a nation was stupid to begin with, just as the creation of Yugoslavia was retard biz. You have distinctly different ethnic groups forced to fly under the same banner and hold the same gov, even tho they dont want to. Thus, this mistake shoul;d be rectified, borders redrawn. The kurds should have thier own soverign state. So what? Turkey might lose some turf, who cares? Had the powers that were thought of this back then, wed not have this prob today.

Its like texas and California: the Mexicans want it back. Well, I say we give it to em

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Kurds have been promised international statesmenship by the US Military and the US Industrial complex. Yet it seems as if that was a broken promise.

For I haven't heard anyone mention the importance for such a state. Why???

Doesn't anyone care about the safety and sanity of the Kurdish people???

I guess not. Otherwise we wouldn't use them and lie to them to get what we want. Do they deserve this type of treatment???

No.

Now what is going to happen???

What will happen since the government they thought would be handed to them is no longer possible???

Is it possible that they will realize that they have been duped???

Will they seek revenge???

What if the Kurds vow to take over parts of Iraq???

Will the US stop them???

Should they???

Personally I think that the Kurds deserve a state. The Jews got one, but the Kurds don't???

Why???

The Kurds are one of the most mistreated people next to the Jews. So are the Jews more important to the world for some reason???

Why is it that the Kurds are not getting the support they should get???

Is it not so that they will get the support where ever they can???

Can one possibly say that the Kurd is just going to accept the facts???

Why would they do that???

Is it not so that they are the only ethnic group in Iraq that is allowed to be armed???

Wouldn't that initutive give the Kurds reasons to take what they want???

Would it be reasonable to say that these Kurdish people are going to over run Iraq???

If they don't then they are going to get run over themselves. The Kurdish people are hated by most Mid-Easterners.

Why???

Who knows.

Maybe some people just have no heart.

Maybe this world is corrupted.

Maybe the world has lost heart.

Maybe the world has given up on the Kurds.

Yet is one so sure that the Kurds have given up on us???

Abraham

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
the Kurds are our allies, since they did help in the ouster of sodamn insane, so of course they can carry thier weapons just as our US & British soldiers continue to carry theirs. The guerilla attacks continue in Iraq so being armed is a must.

As for the independant state for Kurds, instead they are being given an active participation within the new Iraqi government. This is something they've never had and are quite deserving of considering how much suffering they've endured at the hands of the bathist butchers.

Quite frankly I don't really care what the Arabs, Muslims or Turks feel about the Kurds or our presence in Iraq. If I had my way they'd all be breaking big rocks into little rocks right along side those AlQuida dickheads in Gauntanimo!!

The major problem is that we're listening to them at all, deal with it and shut the F**kup!!! Or we'll invade your craphole of a country and create a new Lake America in downtown Riyadh.

I'm sick of the Arab world dictating to us what we should do, SCREW THEM!!! From now on its "we do what we want and you will have to adjust"!!

Bring on your mad bombers, the people of the US are the most heavily armed nation in the world. Ya wanna start a street fight, we'll end it and YOUR SORRY RAGHEAD ASSES!!!!!!

Rant over!!! OUT!!!!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Look, that was a rant.

That was quite a low thing to do.

Your words are killing.

That is not very caring or thoughtful.

Who are the "Ragheads"???

The Arabs???

The Kurds???

The Persians???

The Palestinians???

Who is this "Raghead" people you speak of???

Why is it that these people are not worthy of such things you are so insistant on denying them off???

What did any so-called "Raghead" do to you???

Abraham

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
USMC Harrier

"Bring on your mad bombers, the people of the US are the most heavily armed nation in the world. Ya wanna start a street fight, we'll end it and YOUR SORRY RAGHEAD ASSES!!!!!!"

i hope one of your armed countrymen steps up to you 2moro and shoots your face off.

The fact is that you yanks have been at war with yourselves for years. I really do pity your existence, the people of the US are the most heavily armed, and the most stupid.

"we'll invade your craphole of a country and create a new Lake America in downtown Riyadh."

you l;ive in the #tiest country in the world and you don't even know it. Try not listening to your media for a few days, try walking around and smell the pollution, look up in the sky and see those chemtrails. One in every 33 college students in the states has HIV. You have no idea about how your precious America is gonna stab you in your back The American people are getting #ed over more than anyone else in the world, by their own government and most of them don't even know it.

America is both the source and the object of global hatred.

Peace to everyone with their eyes open and their televisions off

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Peace. I don't know where you live but I live in the UK.
I've spent years in the States and I can tell you now that there is hardly any difference to their society than ours. If we Brits had their power we would probably be trying to achieve the same goals. We might not necessarily have used their methods but there is no proof otherwise that we wouldn't have done so.

All the US is doing is making up for lost time. Since World War 2 there has been a power struggle in the UN. The UN was set up by the winning sides of that conflict. They were hardly going to hand over World power after the price they had paid in WW2 were they? Yeah, sure, the UN is setup to give all countries a voice but the real power is held in the Security Council.
They hold all the cards. They dictate everything that goes on in this world, either directly or indirectly.
After the war, the world political setup was pulled in two different directions. The Cold War was the example of this. The Soviets wanted their system to be universal, we wanted ours instead.
Whilst this was going on, nothing could be done. Third world countries were left to their own devices. They created their societies of death and despair - we just couldn't stop them because we had to concentrate on stopping the Soviet Union from taking over the system. Sometimes we armed them to keep them on our side and helped to create their tyrants. But the alternative would have been to hand them over to the Soviets. Eventually they would have been to strong to defeat so they had to be kept in check.
Yes sometimes our actions seemed despicable because we are ALL human, but most of the time they were necessary.

The Cold War was THE prelude to what we see today.

That war was won. The Russians recognised that we have to work together to create a more peaceful world.
Now we can do something to go about righting those wrongs. But it isn't going to be easy. We've got 60 years of hatred and intolerance to clear up. And even then we have to worry about China's position and where she will stand in later times.

Everything has a reason behind it. Our societies don't just jump in and go to war because we feel like it. The only time I can remember that happening was in The Falklands. Everything is planned years in advance. Everything step is taken to reach the final goal.

What is that goal? I believe that it is peace. A world peace. But peace doesn't come easy. Hard decisions have to be taken and followed by even harder actions. If events were just left to run thier course, you can guarantee that the human race will always be at war.

Look at it this way - If you've got a Middle East at peace with itself, an Africa at peace with itself and an Asia at peace with itself, who are they going to fight?
Us in the West? No. Believe it or not we understand war. We hate it. We CAN live in peace. We learnt our lesson long ago. All we want to do is sit here and make money and enjoy our lives. We don't covet our neighbours ox because our ox is bigger. We don't need anything from our neighbour that we can't pay them a reasonable price for.

War is not in our long term interest. We need to get it out of the way now, get everything sorted and sit back and enjoy the peace of the future and that's just what we're going to do over the next few years.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You hijacked the topic.

What does the Cold War have to do with the Kurds???

I would talk about that if it had mentioned the Kurds but it doesn't.

So can we get back to the subject???

Question:

What do you think about a Kurdish State???

Do you think it will be accepted by the Turks, Arabs, and Persians, or will they treat the Kurdish State as they do the Jewish State???

What will be the US and other countries positions on this issue???

Who will be there to back up the Kurds???

Definately not the Turkish government.

What do you think the chances are for Kurdish Borders???

Abe

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well sorry, but I saw a post that needed replying to and gave an answer.

Back on topic though, I see the Kurds as a problem. They need to be rewarded for their help in the Iraq conflict but there is no way that I see them being able to create their own state. It just won't be allowed.
The Arabs have never trusted the Kurds. They're almost looked upon as Arab Jews.

What I do see is a continuation of their Kurdish communities in Northern Iraq. They seem to have proved that they can work well when given some sort of a free hand and when left to their own devices, haven't descended into the chaos that seems to follow most Arab societies.

I think that they will be given autonomous regional power. Maybe something like that which is envisaged for Kosovo.
It remains to be seen wether or not this will be enough of a reward though.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I agree with you in many ways. I think that the autonomous regions of Iraq are their destiny. Yet that is not the way it should be. Iraq has a lot of Kurds but Turkey has more. Turkey treats the Kurds like absolute dirt. The Kurdish language is illegal in Turkey. Why???

Who knows. Probably because some people are evil. Many of the Kurdish freedom fighters vow to take lands they think are rightfully theirs in South-Eastern Turkey.

That is one reason I would agree that the Kurds could be a problem. Kurds live in many places, and they are known to be nomadic. So to try and define the so-called Kurdish land is going to be a tough venture. For many Kurds have different ideas of where home is.

I think that many things between the Kurds and the other Middle Eastern peoples need to be resolved, and soon. The ideals of freedom are ringing hard in the ears of the oppressed. They want freedom more than those that pretend to know what real freedoms are.

The Kurdish people will get back at the Al-Ansar Islam rebels if they step up their crusadic killing aganist the Kurds, by taking what power they hold in Iraq for granted. They should too. The Kurds need to be able to protect themselves, but so should everyone else. The reason that Al-Ansar will vow to kill the Kurds are not centered on any political or tribal conflicts. But mere religious horrors created by monsters. Al-Ansar wants the Kurds destroyed.

For all we know that is what Al-Ansar is doing, while the world just eats up the sweet sunshine propaganda that is painted on our screens. What is the future of the Kurd???

It looks like another ethnic cleansing genocide created by religious hatred and radicals.

That is all for now, what are your thoughts???

Anyone?

Abe

[Edited on 1-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

top topics

join