It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Russia Today be allowed as a legtimate News Source on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Russia today is far more believable and preferable to CNN FOX and the rest of scum lying to us for 50 years.

Remember 9/11, Osama and the whole shebang, that was ALL MSM.

While RT was talking different
edit on 15-3-2014 by ZincMag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

rigel4

ZonedOut
reply to post by rigel4

Why shoot the messenger?

You are not the messenger and you said "I ask this question seriously.. because RT's reporting is state funded
propaganda. "

You are the source of the message and yes lets agree it's propaganda but Russia Today is the place to be if you want to know what your own government is trying to keep quite and CNN is the place to be if you live in China and want to know whats going on in the outside world.

That's being said at least RT takes a camera along and interviews people on the streets to back up what they are saying unlike CNN that takes it for granted that what it says is taken as truth each time

edit on 15-3-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

VirusGuard

rigel4

ZonedOut
reply to post by rigel4

Why shoot the messenger?

You are not the messenger and you said "I ask this question seriously.. because RT's reporting is state funded
propaganda. "

You are the source of the message and yes lets agree it's propaganda but Russia Today is the place to be if you want to know what your own government is trying to keep quite and CNN is the place to be if you live in China and want to know whats going on in the outside world.

That's being said at least RT takes a camera along and interviews people on the streets to back up what they are saying unlike CNN that takes it for granted that what it says is taken as truth each time

edit on 15-3-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

The people on the street are carefully detected and selected.
You cant disagree with the Kremlin on camera... remember Pussy Riot.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

RT should be treated about the same as infowars (with a HUGE grain of salt). It's state funded propaganda. It literally is. Look it up. WAY too many ATS members think it's a legit unbiased source because they want it to be a legit unbiased source. RT drops some nuggets of truth, but it's whole purpose is making Russia look good. It was founded by the Russian govt.

You may get a few nuggets of truth that other media doesn't share, but the WHOLE PURPOSE of RT is Russian propaganda. I would trust FOX over RT.

I'm amazed ATS members are this stupid. Anyone that thinks RT is a legit source is stupid.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

ZincMag
Remember 9/11, Osama and the whole shebang, that was ALL MSM.

While RT was talking different

RT (TV network)
Launched 10 December 2005

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
No, we shouldnt go overboard with bannings, otherwise we`d have to ban MSNBC and Foxnews too.

But a good idea might be to make a thread that exposes some of RTs junk.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Launched 10 December 2005

Oh. Who launched it? Why did they launch it? They didn't have a *gasp* agenda did they?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I have no problem with RT spewing it's propaganda, to me it's no better than CNN, FOX, PressTV. They all slant and spin. What get's to me are those who stand by RT as if it's non agenda ridden like the rest. They're only fooling themselves.

They're popular with some because they support their particular beliefs/paradigm.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Your question is biased, there's no need of endorsement over if it is a "legtimate News Source on ATS".

No TV channel is "endorsed by ATS", you're just calling out attention to a news channel that don't match your (USA) view of the world. So please, grow up.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No different than"Before its News".Except its the ATS communist shill bible and points them out easily here.That and a join date of 3/5/14.
edit on CDTSatam6761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Skyfloating
No, we shouldnt go overboard with bannings, otherwise we`d have to ban MSNBC and Foxnews too.

But a good idea might be to make a thread that exposes some of RTs junk.

Ditto. And Al Jazeera and CNN too. And probably sone newsrags too, like the NYT and the WSJ.

Seems they're all okay when they say something we agree with and all bad when it's convenient to claim propaganda. But the reality is that about the only thing any of them are good for is to give us a starting point and clues about what angles to questions.

Oh, and, Slayer? Just because it was founded after 9/11 doesn't mean it hasn't covered 9/11...from a vast variety of angles to the hilt. They've given many 9/11 conspiracy angles plenty of airplay.

I will agree that what I like about RT is that they're not a gossip rag (Bieber) and that they do give some of the more fringe voices an outlet.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
RT had to change it's name from 'Russia Today' because they were reporting on every other countries dirty laundry and business and nothing about Russia's.

It became a big joke.

When RT starts doing some hard hitting investigating in and exposing of corruption within the Russian Government then I'll start taking them a bit more seriously. As it stands now they and the others previously mentioned have all lost or in RTs case never had Unbiased objective journalism.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

~Lucidity
Oh, and, Slayer? Just because it was founded after 9/11 doesn't mean it hasn't covered 9/11...from a vast variety of angles to the hilt. They've given many 9/11 conspiracy angles plenty of airplay.

Imagine that.

A Russian Government controlled media outlet talking about 9/11 conspiracies.

My pancakes are getting cold

ttyl Luc

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I´ve followed RT news for a while now. When it comes to news about Russia, I never trust them. Although, at least so far, when it comes to news about Western societies, I have not seen outright lying so far and at least when I have double-checked all the stats used have been true. What separates the channel from other newsmedia (in US-related news, EU-related), is the fact that they speak about matters that most of other media tends to ignore (more) a´la corporation power, poverty, high education/medicine costs & other societal issues. Lies are not needed for propaganda, when you can just talk about certain issues, which other media tends to not take a strong stand on. That is enough to show the weakspots of Western societies.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Domo1

I have no problem with RT spewing it's propaganda, to me it's no better than CNN, FOX, PressTV. They all slant and spin. What get's to me are those who stand by RT as if it's non agenda ridden like the rest. They're only fooling themselves.

They're popular with some because they support their particular beliefs/paradigm.

Wait. Didn't I say the same thing? I'm all quote confused. I think RT is a propaganda news outlet...

I sort of want to argue with you because no one else will, but I think we agree here.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes...imagine.

Enjoy those pancakes.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZincMag

Are you saying that Russia today was telling the world that the US brought down the trade center dive bombed the Pentagon and crashed a plane into a field in Pennsylvania on Sept 11th 2011.
Is that the different story they told as opposed to what US media was saying?

I don't think they said that but if they did then no they can't be used as a legitimate news source.

They didn't say that did they?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

rigel4

I am asking the board and members if links to RT should be banned in the same way as God Like Productions are.

Both sources are equally false.

It's up to you to decide if sources are credible, banning sources will kill the opprtunity to discuss or debate the articles posted. I've seen many times threads based in youtube videos about the end of the world, but nobody thinks youtube should be banned.
edit on 15-3-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
the dailymail is often used as a source for ats threads.
so basically post whatever you like.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

rigel4
I ask this question seriously.. because RT's reporting is state funded
propaganda.

And our own reporting isn't?

rigel4
Their (What are grudgingly called ) news items are fabricated versions
of events that the Kremlin wish to spread to the Western World .

Gullible types in the West use these as news items and links.. thusly
helping propagate the Kremlin lies.

Of course we do. Presenting RT's version of events helps us put things into perspective. It gives us two different accounts of the same story, and thus we can compare, and try to figure out who's lying about what. Having just one version of events (Western MSM) would discourage freethought and would do a lot more to propagate state lies. Media monopoly is bad.

rigel4
I am asking the board and members if links to RT should be banned in the same way as God Like Productions are.

Both sources are equally false.

If RT is banned for spreading propaganda, then we might as well ban all mainstream news sources, the world over. This is only fair. Are you proposing that we discriminate?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join