It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machete Attack at Indiana School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A student at Valparaiso High School in Valparaiso Indiana after watching a Spanish class video then used two hidden knives, one of them a machete in an insane attack on fellow students. The attacker slashed as many as five classmates before teachers tackled him as he ran into the hall outside of the classroom.

FoxNews.com Full Article

Eight Valparaiso High School students were taken to the hospital, including the accused attacker, a 15-year-old freshman, Police Chief Michael Brickner said. All but one of those injured were released by Wednesday afternoon, he said. Five suffered cuts and the others complained of pain from other injuries, authorities said.

Authorities did not release any information about a possible motive for the attack, which happened as classes were starting about 8 a.m. at the school some 20 miles southeast of Gary.

Students described a struggle in a hallway and said they saw blood on the floor.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What was going on here?

No motive given yet.

Now I know why I did not take Spanish when I was in high School.

These things seem to happen in our schools far too often these days. It seems from my own point of view that teachers are too busy being babysitters and or social workers, and too little time teaching.

Most children like this one have no real parent involved in their lives other than the most basic needs... This one case does nothing to show the vast problems children have these days.. or to show the destruction of our education system.. But it could be an example.. Or a result.

I believe too many children are being raised by their video games or televisions. What should we expect from them when they react to stress or cannot cope?

Keep an eye on your knives!

[edit on 24-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yes I have to agree that not only our children, but our whole society has become numb to violence.

Whether it be at the movies, watching the news or playing video games violence is everywhere.

The article said the knives were hidden, but it would seem a large machete would not be that easy to concele? Maybe in his bag, perhaps.

LL1

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Must agree, there are far too many latch-key children,
left to television and video games.
Kids raising kids....

No values, no direction.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I agree. It's kinda hard to make it on one income anymore, though. Wages haven't kept up with inflation. Doesn't excuse the parents for ignoring their kids, if you can't raise them right don't have them. Still, a lot of families have to be creative to get by nowadays.

I feel that occurances like this are directly related to the lack of someone (anyone!) giving kids a strong dose of reality. I remember my parents making it a point to teach me what was real and what was 'make believe'. I certainly try to do this for my kids, too.

A quick thought- How much of this can be traced back to the 'uber-proffesionals' of the 1980's? Remember the ones whose only concern was getting ahead at the office, working 18 hour days to get that corner office? Gotta get them perks.... Well, their kids were raised in a vacuum at home, and are now becoming parents themselves. Some with absolutely no idea of what a parent is!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I can't believe this! I graduated from there in 1995. Stuff like this never happened then. Kids these days...

Going back there for Thanksgiving tomorrow, I'll let you all know if I hear anything interesting...

top topics

join