It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rider Vs Thor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

VS.

...and from now on can we get a better selection of fights in this forum like for example Thor vs Superman, and Pitt vs Hulk. Or even Spawn Vs Carnage!
edit on 15-3-2014 by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

Hmm...

Well, GR has the advantage when it comes to reach and mobility. Thor is a good guy so GR has a disadvantage in that respect as he can only use certain canonical powers against baddies. Thor has a heavy advantage when it comes to raw power.

I think if Thor can get GR off of his bike early he can take GR easily. However if he can't GR will give him a good fight but if Thor was able to draw the fight out until dawn it would be over in the swing of a flaming chain.

I just personally see GR having a hard time against Thor.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The Ghost Rider is a human who can transform into a skeletal superhuman being with a flaming skull and supernatural powers. The motorcycles he rides can travel faster than conventional motorcycles and can perform such seemingly impossible feats such as riding up a vertical surface, across the surface of water and leaping across great distances that normal motorcycles could not match. The Ghost Riders are virtually indestructible and notoriously hard to injure by any conventional means, as bullets and knives usually pass through them without causing pain (knives are seen to melt while in their body).[3] It is possible that they are genuinely immortal; it is said that God created them and only God can destroy them.

[4] Despite being composed of bone and hellfire, the Ghost Riders possess formidable superhuman strength, enough to easily pick up a truck and hurl it across a road. It has been stated that Johnny Blaze as Ghost Rider can press around 25 tons (50,000 lbs) (or more as seen in World War Hulk).[5] The Spirits of Vengeance were beings of awesome power whose strength was matched only by the greatest of demons, it can be assumed that the Ghost Riders possess this same strength, which potentially rivals that of the Hulk. They also possess heightened reflexes which greatly amplifies their performance as motorcyclists. But a Ghost Rider's powers are more of a curse until they learn to control it, at which point it becomes a source of power.
Each Ghost Rider entity also had abilities specific to him or her.

Johnny Blaze – Originally when Blaze transformed into Ghost Rider, his body changed but not the clothes he was wearing. In his new incarnation, this is different and his clothes take on a different appearance with a spiked leather jacket and chains. As Ghost Rider, he can cause his motorcycle to transform and surround itself with hellfire or he can create a new cycle from pure hellfire. He is also capable of projecting hellfire as a weapon. Hellfire "burns the soul" without leaving physical injuries on the victim and its effects have been seen as similar to the "Penance Stare." In his new incarnation, Blaze is now possibly the most powerful hero on Earth. During "World War Hulk" it was stated by Doctor Strange that Ghost Rider might be equally as powerful as the "Green Scar" persona of Hulk and could possibly defeat him.

However, Ghost Rider is defeated and Johnny Blaze knocked out. Zarathos himself then emerges and rides off because (as Dr. Strange stated) Ghost Rider protects only the innocent, which none of the Illuminati are. In recent comics Blaze's Ghost Rider has been given the "Penance Stare" and mystical chain, both of which were specific to the Danny Ketch Ghost Rider. Blaze also uses a shotgun and discovered that he can discharge hellfire from the weapon when he first encountered Ketch. He also now has new abilities including hellfire breath and the ability to produce chains from either his throat or chest. He is also now able to travel between the incorporeal realms.

Thor possesses physical powers superior to those of normal Asgardian gods. He has an extended lifespan augmented (although not immortal) by the Golden Apples of Idunn, immunity to conventional diseases, enhanced endurance (Thor's Asgardian metabolism is far greater than a human), superhuman strength ([lifting 100 tons]), which increases further when he succumbs to “warrior’s madness,” a berserker rage, the mindless battle passion that increases a warriors strength tenfold. By chanting and performing an ancient ritual, Thor can also invoke the berserker rage to increase his strength. His skin and bones are several times denser than those of mortals, granting him extreme resistance to injury.

Thor shares a unique bond [1] and affinity with Mjolnir, which has been increased further after Dr. Stephen Strange bound Thor's lifeforce to Mjolnir to repair the hammer [2]. Via this bond, Thor has a strong affinity with the forces of weather and acting as a conduct can channel Mjolnir's powers through himself allowing him to summon lighting from his hands. Thor's affinity with Mjolnir is so strong that even when damaged, as long as there is a significant piece remaining intact, Thor can use Mjolnir's powers. However due to the increased bond via Thor's lifeforce, if Mjolnir were to be damaged, Thor himself would perish. Thor can channel his godly energies/lifeforce through Mjolnir into blasts called “Godforce” so powerful that they can slay even immortals, although it leaves him in a weakened state afterwards.

Thor wears a full body hauberk composed of Asgardian steel. It belt has the Norse symbol of physical health as a belt buckle along with the Norse symbol of Gemini most likely to symbolize his bond with Dr. Donald Blake. [3]

While empowered with the Odinforce, or more accurately called Thorforce since the Asgardian lifeforce resided within Thor, Thor was able to tap into a near-infinite resource of cosmic and mystical power, enhancing all of his powers. With the Odinforce’s vast power, Thor was even able to dent Captain America’s Vibranium/steel alloy shield. At regular intervals (usually occurring once per year) or when using the Thorpower too greatly, Thor would be required to enter the “Thorsleep.” Learning from his father's mistakes, Thor had Falki, Odin's metalsmith, create a casket that contains enchantments that create a coma-like state to replenish and retain mastery over the Thorpower in order to heal more quickly. Once closed, it can only be opened from within. When Thor entered this casket of Thorsleep and into the Thorsleep, Donald Blake emerged from the Void until Thor awoke once again. Thor briefly had mastery of the Norse runes and could use them to break any Asgardian enchantment.

Thor occasionally dons a Belt of Strength, which doubles his strength but weakens him after its use. He also possesses a pair of iron gauntlets to protect him when unleashing Mjolnir’s most potent powers. For extended periods of travel, Thor rides a chariot drawn by the Asgardian goats Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder.

During the period when he was cursed by Hela with brittle bones that would not heal, Thor wore a full body suit of armor composed of Asgardian steel for protection. This armor possessed ancient rune symbols of power emblazoned by lightning upon the armor along with an exoskeleton complete with circuits connected to a series of feedback microcomputers programed to respond to minute changes in electrical conductivity of the nerves to prevent the broken bones from shifting, while allowing Thor to use his arm.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Ghost Rider damages Thor's hammer and that's ultimately how Ghost Rider wins.

Remember now even the Illuminati and I will quote Dr.Strange "Ghost Rider being what he is basically makes him a god"

That was said when Ghost Rider didn't attack Hulk because he was innocent after the Illuminati sent Hulk to Space Exile.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I just want to see the Pitt vs Hulk thread. That is going to be epic. This one is tough, but I think Ghost Rider wins it narrowly. Everyone is going to go with Thor just because he's a "God" but Thor isn't really a God in the Marvel Universe. He's been tossed around by lesser beings on many occasions. Ghost Rider on the other hand, F#&!'s $&@! up wherever he goes, and isn't played by Nicholas Cage in the comics (who made that choice, anyways?).

PS: I freaking love your spawn avatar.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The God beats the demon. On a side note I'd like to hit Nic Cage in the head with Mjolnir for those GR movies.
edit on 15-3-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ghost rider!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Got to love the Rage Cage bro's!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thor is ages old, quick, fast, handsome, strong, smart, hes a God ffs!

Ghost Rider is a punk and nothing in comparison. This isnt even a fair race. Also Nic cage is a joke, a bad bad joke, i hate that guy, terrible actor, horrible face, Mr bland in every movie hes the same douche bag.

edit on b1919740 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

That is why you opinion and comment don't even matter you know nothing about Ghost Rider you prolly skipped the back ground info I posted about both.

Incase people like you who only watch the movies and think because they tried to cram a man's life work into one movie about 1 character you think you know the whole story.

Truth is Ghost Rider was weakened down so everyone would love characters like Superman. I have honestly did a big brain storm after writing this thread thinking about a Ghost RIder and Superman fight.

Ghost Rider owns Superman. Firstly Ghost Rider's hellfire attacks the soul. Secondly all Superman is, is an alien who gets heightened abilities from our sun. Not every sun. Thirdly he's mortal but he just can't die from conventional human ways of dieing because he's on earth. Which means the Demon who is basically a god would destroy him.

One blast of Hellfire! Because again he's just an alien mortal who happens to have heightened abilities meaning his soul is just as vulnerable as a humans. When it comes to the Rider!

So basically the suckiest comic to movie adaptation of the last 10 years will be the best superhero ever. And that means it was Ghost Rider all because they couldn't showcase the real thing otherwise there is no point to any of the other heroes.

Job Security! Before you argue go back and read the info blocks I posted on GR and Thor!

Ghost Rider Judges all! The Guilty shall Fall!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thor....he is a God, the Ghost Rider has not change against him!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Thats all great and everything, and i like the bit about i dont know what im talking about, but ghost rider is a dick he can judge what he wants as long as he judges himself inferior (quite rightly) to Thor.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Your whole comment to me though basically said your whole JUDGEMENT of GR was on Nick Cage movies.

Which devalues the quality of your comments and opinions on the subject when we have an info reply in the thread for those uneducated on both fighters in this bout.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

First, allow me to deeply bow to your encyclopedic knowledge of the Marvel Universe.

Second, as I recall, when Thor was cursed by Hela he didn't get a full set of armor. It was more of a arm cast designed by Tony Stark, because that was all that was broken until he encountered the Destroyer, who pretty much turned his body into a living pile of mush. Of course, my memory is from the storyline back in the 70s, so I don't know if the storyline changed in a reboot or something.

More to the point of this thread, though, is that during that time Thor had to fight the Absorbing Man. During that fight, Thor used Mjolnir to accidentally teleport the Absorbing Man to another dimension. He could easily do that to the Ghost Rider, if need be.

Overall, considering the nature of the Ghost Rider's power, I would have to say that Thor wins easily every time. Think about it: if the Ghost Rider's hellfire had any effect on Thor, then Thor would not be worthy to wield Mjolnir.

I guess the same reasoning would apply to Beta Ray Bill, for what it's worth.

But if you're in the mood for an interesting match-up thread, how about the Vision vs. Kathrine Pride?

edit on 15-3-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Thor's hammer and him being worthy to wield it is the same as the Riders Penance Stare and excuse me for informing or reminding you but Ghost Rider can transcend dimensions with Thor all day.

Infact the only way Thor beats the Rider is if Thor created him. Ghost Rider is basically a god!

If anything leaning towards favoritism toward Thor I'd call a tie.

All the Rider really has to do is take the Hammer from him and since the rider only attacks the guilty being innocent and the hand of justice himself that means one chain wrapped around that hammer and ghost rider takes thor's life blood.

P.S. If knives and bullets pass through the rider like a ghost what would fists and feet do? That hammer would be all Thor has.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I confess I know less about the Ghost Rider than Thor. I wasn't aware that he could travel through dimensions as easily as Thor. Truth be told, I stopped reading Ghost Rider before the first 20 issues. Still, I don't see the Ghost Rider being able to hurt Thor. I don't see Johnny Blaze as being worthy enough to deny Mjolnir to Thor. And let's not forget, Mjolnir was able to absorb a blast that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe. I don't see the Ghost Rider standing up to that kind of power.

And may I say how much I enjoy this discusion.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Well Green Scar Hulk trashed a Thor. Not Thor but a Thor. Came to Earth and Trashed most the heroes on Earth in Marvel and the only actually powerful enough to stop him was GR.

If Hulk is powerful enough to have picked his hammer up. Think what GR can do. Again that Penance Stare is not just given to anybody.

Only god can judge his creations.
edit on 16-3-2014 by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t
reply to post by Biigs

Your whole comment to me though basically said your whole JUDGEMENT of GR was on Nick Cage movies.

Actually i added the nic cage hate after my original post about the characters. I judged them on their comics and lore, the fact nic cage is a douche bag does nothing to help an already crappy char (ghost rider btw).

So please do not come in and insult my thoughts based of your own perception of what i might have based mine on- lets hear your thought about the thread topic and not your judgement of others judgement's you horrible little troll.
edit on b0707505 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

VS.

...and from now on can we get a better selection of fights in this forum like for example Thor vs Superman, and Pitt vs Hulk. Or even Spawn Vs Carnage!

Sheldon Cooper would say Thor would win in a fight against the Ghost Rider because Thor is an Asgardian god. I can't wait for the battle between Beetle Bailey vs. Sad Sack. How about a girl fight between Peanuts' Lucy vs. Marcy. Or who would you bang Betty or Veronica? Did you think Ms Grundy was Jughead's mom? I use to love these comic battles as a kid growing up. Keep 'em coming.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

yeah... we all can't be bikers...huh!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join