It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive wave collide's with California restaurant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

"Locals were busy feasting Saturday morning at Moby Dick Restaurant in Santa Barbara when a surge of water smashed through its windows.
Terrified, customers were forced to flee as the floor began to flood."

www.nydailynews.com...

Mother nature - highest ruler of the food chain.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

That is one short -- albeit intense -- video!

I hope no one was hurt by the flying plate glass!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

That happened during our last storm. The park next to it which is also on the beach was being evacuated and to this day I don't understand why that restaurant was still open. The manager and a couple of other employees were on the patio securing furniture when this very wave took the manager out into the water! He managed to get stuck in the pier somehow and made it back to shore with only a dislocated shoulder! I've been to that restaurant many times, sorry to see it so damaged, but it was bound to happen at some point. It's literally on the beach!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Water doesn't actually look like it's coming at them that fast or hard at all until it hits. You wouldn't have thought it would have packed the punch it did.

....be water my friend" - Bruce Lee.

Hope everyone got out of there safely.
edit on 15-3-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It is funny how the woman just says "time to go"

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Talk about seafood... LOL.. sorry could not help it... That was a scary video.. i feel bad for the poor people who own that place.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Dumbass
It is funny how the woman just says "time to go"

yeah.. that was kind of funny

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Nothing like experiencing true ocean side dining! Gives the term "up and close" all new meaning. You even get the feel of the ocean on your face!
I'm sure the couple near the window will never forget their dining experience. I would give this restaurant a five star rating!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

This news is a week old lol

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The closest ive come to death was from a swell wave while at a beach in the Cayman Islands....ive been in combat and in some sort of security almost all my entire adult life....and it was a wave that almost did me in.

I was standing on the beach with my back to the water and I literally thought I saw a shadow as if something blocked out the sun behind me and then it hit. I think I was knocked out and when I came to I was clawing at the sand to climb further up onto the beach.....by the time I got there I had pieces of shells and sand imbedded into my body. I will never disrespect the ocean again haha....waves are such a powerful force.
edit on 15-3-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yar!!! Shiver me timbers!! Here at moby dicks we offer the freshest sea food in all the county!!! Yar! Kids under 6 eat free, floatation devices not included.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Yeah I know what you mean. Been in some scary situations but the one that made my life flash before my eyes and almost took me involved nearly driwning in the ocean.

I was surfing at Dana point and there was this intense rip tide going on. I was riding a 6 foot wave in and a out going swell smacked into my wave canceling the two out. Next thing I know us I'm falling about 10 feet looking down and seeing about a foot of water and mud beneath me. I slam into the sea floor right ankle first totally roll it over spraining it or worse. Get dazed and stunned then get caught in the rip tide which dragged me out to sea further keeping me about 6 feet underwater the whole time. The rip tide pulled me under a water bouys tether rope and everytime I almost got to the surface that big 2 inch thick rope would pelt me in the back, head or shoulders and knock me back down before I could surface. Saw my life flash before my eyes, was certain I was going to die. Thought about how sad my mom would be and suddenly got some superhuman strength and shot to the surface. Two life guards were trying to swim out to me. Said they saw me wipeout surfing then it was like I disappeared and they didn't see me again. They said they estimated I was underwater for almost two minutes.

I guess they don't call that spot killer Dana for nothing.

Respect water.
edit on 15-3-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

WOW !

Guess the place could offer seat belts for the ultimate dining experience on stormy days.

leolady

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Talk about a sea food diet, you sea it coming right at you. Freshly caught, by your lap....

Delivered at your feet....

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'll take my order of seafood to go, waiter!

Also, add a 6 figure settlement check back with the tab, if you please. Surprise me...as long as it's 6 figures or above.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

'I'll take it to go, pass me the life preserver"

edit on 15-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join