It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They finally admited that vancouver island might be in trouble

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Revelations29
reply to post by stirling

So when and where will you start to address these problems and start making life better for everyone?

The question is what will YOU do to start to address these problems, and where will YOU start making life better for YOURSELF.
Just because i was able to find irrefutable evidence of fukushima radiation in north America, doesn't make me the president of TEPCO. However I think they know as well as i do, there is no solution. The corium is lost, it will never be found, and all the rest is a charade to keep our minds off this reality.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As I pointed out, in a low concentration environment, cesium does not bioaccumulate. Around Fukushima cesium is bioaccumulated (mostly by bottom feeding fish). That is why fish from the area will not be edible for a very long time.

Since you seem to know can the bioaccumulated cesium work it's way up or down the food chain. Would the bottomfish, if eaten by a predator, accumulate the same concentration?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

spooky24

reply to post by Phage

As I pointed out, in a low concentration environment, cesium does not bioaccumulate. Around Fukushima cesium is bioaccumulated (mostly by bottom feeding fish). That is why fish from the area will not be edible for a very long time.

Since you seem to know can the bioaccumulated cesium work it's way up or down the food chain. Would the bottomfish, if eaten by a predator, accumulate the same concentration?

We are not concerned with the bottom feeding fish in Japan here. I have yet to hear that Cesium is metabolized in any tissue of any organism on this planet. Fact.

We aren't only concerned with cesium here either,en.wikipedia.org...
You just stated out of ignorance cesium DOES NOT bio-accumulate, in your jaded perspective the "bottomfish" would not even be contaminated to begin with unless they were living in the spent fuel pools.

Your opinion of bio-accumulation regarding pacific fish is false because,-Wikipedia-" Bioaccumulation occurs when an organism absorbs a toxic substance at a rate greater than that at which the substance is lost."...

www.digplanet.com...
" most often by ingestion with contaminated food or water, about 70–80% of the dose gets excreted. Virtually all remaining strontium-90 is deposited in bones and bone marrow, with the remaining 1% remaining in blood and soft tissues."-"However, by averaging all excretion paths, the overall biological half life is estimated to be about 18 years."

So, there you go. It takes 36 years to ALMOST fully "excrete"(not metabolize) ONE DOSE of strontium-90 contamination, mind you that is just Strontium-90 after ONE EXPOSURE

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Mr. Debunker (Do you ever actually support a thread??)

Whether or not you believe there is a harmful amount of radiation is irrelevant. It has been detected as reported: Link

Or perhaps you are in the Coulter camp where radiation is good for you?

Additionally, and as the article points out, the greater concern is for bio-accumulation. While it may be true that a small amount of this radioactive isotope could be construed as harmless it is the accumulation of it that is worrisome. Or is bio-accumulation also debunkable from the "great and all-knowing" Phage the Debunker?

edit on 17-3-2014 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HiMyNameIsCal

What I am shocked to have read is that the Japanese hadn't stopped the leak of radioactive fluid ASAP. Why don't they go in there directly and fill the core with cement or some other adhesive so that there isn't a continuous flow of poisoned water leaking out? Isn't it important to get on that ASAP even at the cost of human lives?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidx

I have yet to hear that Cesium is metabolized in any tissue of any organism on this planet.
Have you looked? Here, for example:

The efflux rate constant of 137Cs in fishes following uptake from the dissolved and dietary phases ranged between 0.020 and 0.023 d–1. The higher efflux rate in marine fishes compared to those in freshwater fishes may have been due to the ionic regulation in marine teleosts (e.g., high excretion rate to coun-teract the high ambient K+ concentration).

www.int-res.com...

So, there you go. It takes 36 years to ALMOST fully "excrete"(not metabolize) ONE DOSE of strontium-90 contamination, mind you that is just Strontium-90 after ONE EXPOSURE
Metabolise is sort of the same as excrete but yes, strontium does bioacummulate much more so than cesium. How much strontium is in the water around Fukushima? How much bioaccumulation is occurring there? More to the point, how much strontium is expected to be found in the waters of the eastern Pacific as a result of the Fukushima disaster?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidx

I asked you first.

"until we can regain control of government and industry, and force them to return to being servants to the populations needs rather than their own....we are all simply #ed"

I'm only asking because I keep seeing posts like these all over this website. Yet, no one has any real action plan.

Instead of turning around the question to me, I'm more interested in your own solution to the problem.

How do we regain control of the Government and industry? How do we force them to being servants to the population?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidx

Oops my bad, I thought you were the original poster I replied too.

Never mind the comment, unless you want to answer it go ahead.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
But... but... I thought Fukushima was a "non-event"? I thought it was safe even just 20 miles away from the reactors? What's going ON here??

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Revelations29

the only thing i can come up with is, they could create a controlled nuclear detonation at the site to burn up most of the corium in the ground. Maybe some kind of micro precision detonations. That may just make the problem worse however.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join