It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to the ACA site to get an idea of my cost for affordable healthcare.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
gonna add on to my last reply as a quote to same person: you said ""I'm still amazed to this day at how flexible our tax-code is for those who have the resources and/or skills to artificially lower their taxable income to levels that are just a hair above the Federal Poverty Level. Families living in million dollar homes whose Adjusted Gross Income (AGI = line 37 of IRS Form 1040) is just above the FPL, thanks to "creative" accounting that's 100% legal. ""

kinda sickens me out. here I am barely able to pay my 400 a month rent in this trailer I have and yet people in milion dollar homes are tweaking the system to get just on the POVERTY level to pay less.

greedy sob's. that just IRKS me to no end of irkness.
seriously I think i have every right in the book to say strongly

How
DARE
they and who do they think they ARE??????????????

okay im happy again because I'd rather struggle to survive and be legit about it
than have millions and lie to save a buck while i have everything ever and poo poo those under me.

i have pride.
they? nope.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

calstorm
reply to post by Domo1

She lives in a state that did not expand medicaid.

What state? I'm genuinely confused how someone that only makes $14k a year isn't qualified for Medicaid in any state. I thought all states were held to the same criteria.

OP I was trying to be helpful. I'm not judging you, I just thought you would be eligible for Medicaid. I thought that would be a better alternative. I want you to have medical insurance, and I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I figured it would be far less expensive if you qualified, and I thought you would. I'm still surprised you don't.

I wish you the best and if you felt insulted in any way I'm truly sorry. I was trying to be on you side.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

no no not insulted.

I'm in Indiana. they did not expand their medicaid. a lot of states haven't done so.

the cheapest plan I can get on bronze is so far 404 a month for two with something like a 10,250 out of pocket, deductible of 1500 a year.

im still seeing what else is out there.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
So, there's no way you and your son are eligible for the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP)?

member.indianamedicaid.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

..... I could hug you for EVER. I honestly had no idea this even was a thing.
You just made me feel hopeful, thank you SO SO much!

Still I'm going to hope my post here will help others see how these aca prices are gouging people.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

This whole thing is a cluster____. With the new laws you're deductible cannot exceed something like $7k. I think it's $6250. The MOST you have to pay annually is around $7k. It's capped. So if you ring up $180,000 in medical bills you're only on the line for less than $7,000.

Let's use me as an example. Pretend I fell down the stairs and broke my arm, a few ribs and my gorgeous face. Back in the day the ambulance would have been at least $1000 (It's more now). Seeing an emergency room doctor at least $1000 (just for seeing them it goes WAY higher). Drugs probably $700. Actually setting bones $2,000 a pop. X-rays maybe $600 on the low end, my dog had a few taken and I think it was WAY more). Taping ribs maybe $500. Amount of time in a bed, $3,000 (per night). Fixing my face, if it was easy, $10,000.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
Great info. You should post this everywhere. Get the news in on it. Get Alex Jones - even if you don't like him, he will spread the word. Rush too.

I'm sure you can get other coverage way cheaper than these rates.. this is insane. It's just a government power ply for more control to move us into a full dictatorship. I'm surprised no one has put a bullet in the a-holes head yet.

As futile as it sounds, send your findings to you representatives in Washington as well. I'm thoroughly convinced that most of them have no idea of the details of the bills they sign and how they impact people. If nothing else, maybe they'll lose a second or two of sleep (probably no more than that) feeling guilty for passing a law like this in the first place.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This ripoff won't be around long.

Besides, who wants to hunt all over for subsidies.

Who wants these criminals to control your access to Healthcare.

This is the biggest scam ever. If it was so great.

They would not constantly be lying about the numbers.

As soon as we vote these current thieves out. Replace them with new thieves.

The whole program will be removed root and branch.
edit on 15-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
LOL, even though I can get a subsidy, fat lot of good it will do.
All I can afford is Bronze....and although the premium won't break me...the $5350 deductible will.

FTR, here is a site to help determine what your costs would be, for state and county.
www.valuepenguin.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The more I read, the more I learn, the more I see Obamacare as a system designed to fail.

It isn't meant to succeed.

Just look at the lame and stupid attempts to promote it! It's a joke!

They want single payer, and that's it. The insurance companies are going to tank, the government will "bail them out" and we'll have single-payer by proxy.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And it/s not just the cost.

If you have a problem with your coverage, as I do, it's a monumental undertaking to get it straightened out.

I have had MORE trouble with my BCBS coverage in the last 2 months....than I have had in the last 40 years.
And, my coverage didn't officially start until March 1st, 2014.
Numerous phone calls, untold hours on the phone, sometimes on a conference call with me, BCBS and .gov.

It never gets quite fixed....despite assurances it is...and nothing is fixed at the click of a mouse.....it's up to 72 hours for .gov to contact BCMS...and 7-10 business days for BCBS to get their stuff updated.
Nothing seems to be effective until the last day of the month.
Or the next billing cycle.

Then you find it it wasn't fixed, or not completely, and start allover.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

beezzer
The more I read, the more I learn, the more I see Obamacare as a system designed to fail.

It isn't meant to succeed.

Just look at the lame and stupid attempts to promote it! It's a joke!

They want single payer, and that's it. The insurance companies are going to tank, the government will "bail them out" and we'll have single-payer by proxy.

This has always been about single payer.

When this is done failing.

It will look very attractive to many.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

They may be in for a shock!

AFAIK, MAGI is used to calculate income for subsidies.

This tells you what you must ADD back to your income:

For the purpose of calculating the ACA subsidy credit, 36B(d)(2) states that MAGI is calculated as:

Adjusted gross income (that is, the bottom line of the first page of your Form 1040), plus
Any foreign earned income that was excluded from AGI, plus
Any tax-exempt interest, plus
Any Social Security benefits that were excluded from AGI

www.obliviousinvestor.com...

and then there is there is this one:
obamacareguide.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The people who fall into that category are the people who are supposed to be covered by expanded medicaid, however not all states expanded medicaid so those people got screwed.

You realize it was the republicans who didn't want to expand medicaid right?

Also, medical costs have been insane ever since corporations got into healthcare. That's who you should be mad at- Not Obama. Our medical system is a criminal enterprise IMO.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is just terrible... such an obamanation to america.

I have to ask though... Why would you ever pay a fine? That would be admitting you did something wrong? They can shove any fine up their... yeah. Shove it.

Im not even going to bother even getting tangled in this nasty web... I make less than 20k before taxes, so I know im in the good ole screwed category...

I want america back.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Just a note on this, but I did my small part in prohibiting the expansion of Medicaid and Medicare in Missouri under the PPACA regulations. Oh..not much, mind you. Just some letters out and of course helping to pass our state Constitutional Amendment to that effect vs. some mere law.

Missouri is among the few states hovering near black and even on money. In fact one of the arguments in the recent fiscal year battles here was the Governors insistence that he wouldn't follow our Amendment stating surplus be refunded back to the residents. It's been years since I saw one, and we didn't this year either...but I used to enjoy my little $10 or $20 check for the symbolism of what it meant.

If we expand Medicare and Medicaid? People like me will get coverage. I'm a starving college student and pay all I have in attention to studies. There isn't anything left in money to pump Obamacare with my little contribution. So I won't see coverage unless those are expanded ...but in doing so, I'd be accepting the financial doom of my own state to champion a position strictly for my own benefit.

I'd win.. My kid and everyone else would lose. That logic, reversed, is what has brought us here. Many don't care or think it's their right anyway.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I agree, the main root of the problem(IMO) is the actual costs of the care to begin with!

We should not need to have insurance, we should be able to go to a doctors if we are sick, and pay a fair wage for them to look at us and give us a diagnosis and/or prescription.

Greed has destroyed this country. I mean really, a doctor or hospital wont see somebody who is sick and possibly dying in their building, because that person doesnt have "insurance"?? What kind of twisted backwards world is this where people who are in a field to help people, refuse to do so. I thought thats why people became doctors, because they wanted to help people? Naa they want a yacht and mansion and all that material garbage.

I can digress, im in the restaurant industry, and im not here cause I like microwaving everybodies food.(yeah pretty much anywhere you eat now is nuked). And its definitely not because I like taking orders from some douchebag whos younger than me and just flirts with underage girls all night. I "need" to pay my bills to exist on this planet. I get to work my whole whopping 29 hours, then try and pay my bills and eat, and pay for gas to do it all over again...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I could not agree more, I used to loathe the thought of single payor. Now, I would welcome it. Yep. I would consider another 9% tax a blessing, as opposed to what I have paid out, and will be paying out, this year.

I never thought I would say it...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well something very fishy here. There are more variables. We, or should say wife, has not chosen yet and I would have to go back in to check again but something is not right in Denmark.

For one thing it varies greatly depending on what plans you choose. To start you just put in your income and the number of dependents or number to be covered and see if you get subsidy. We fall in the level two of her income and subsidies are available to her. Now if she wants a plan worth anything she will have to pay min of twenty something a month and go up exponentially depending on coverage she wants.

So what she is saying is wrong, or indicative to her state. Did she use state site or Washington site. It does make a difference.

I live in the poorest state in the union and they did not expand medicaid either. According to them neither us or her are under the poverty level even though international standards put both under poverty line. This must be state thing cus I don't get the same numbers as she did.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Tsk, tsk, let's get the story straight, mkay?

Red states, Republicans, did not expand Medicaid in their states, BECAUSE they opted out of joining the exchange, forcing the government to form the exchange in those states. Were they all Republican? No. 37 states opted out. They refused the Fed bribery.

What was the Fed bribery? If you expand Medicaid in your state, we, the Fed, will pay the new increased amount for 3 years. After that, you are on your own.

Those same states were also required to make their own exchanges.

To begin with, there was a HUGE loophole, read error, in the law.

States that opted out were not required, not individuals, not employers, to pay the fines. It was the Republicans who discovered and outted this flaw. When other states caught on, they too opted out. 37 of them.

The Feds were taken aback by this. They not only did not expect so many states to opt out of the Medicaid bribery, but didn't know about the flaw in the law. Many suits have been filed about this, btw.

Then, once they did, this became the first back room, hurry, rewrite that portion of the law, Harry Reid, Pelosi flew back early from vacation, get the IRS NOW emergenxy fix.

They then used the IRS to threaten people. Don't pay the fine, we WILL come after you. There. It's fixed.

Ever since, the government has written 37 "fixes" to the ACA, all illegal. All done without following proper proceedures. This was all Dems, not Republicans. Dems own this. So, let's try to get the truth out there, hm?

Oh. Some good news for the OP, Indiana has, or is in the process of nullfying the ACA law so your state may not have to participate at all. I was following, and posting about this for a while.

I know several states, Indiana, Louisianna, The Carolina's, Tennessee, Georgia, New Hampshire, and many more were working on this.

I hear one state had passed it, think it was North Carolina. Just check up on Indiana, I know they were trying.

edit on 15-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2014 by Libertygal because: changed negating to nullify

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join