It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribulation Dream: The Angel of The Lord Over the Statue of LIberty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by BO XIAN

I sadly see many of these things being a possibility and I am one of those without faith.

Look at the police state in the US. Also we are broke. Our government allows our military men and women to fight wars not for our freedom or safety but for corporations and bankers to get filthy rich. Our politicians have been caught red handed in so many lies that no one (well, some still do) believes a word that comes out of their mouths. I have heard and seen many people say things like, "Something very bad is going to happen." or "Where has all the money gone and how can we ever pay it back.".

The US has had and been training foreign troops on our own soil for how long? Now they are reducing the number of troops to replace them with machines?

As much as I fear saying it, I myself can see many of the things spoken of actually happening in the near future. The grid of lies is so burdened with holes that it will soon collapse. Those in power and responsible for where the world is at the moment will NOT say sorry and give up their wealth and freedom. They will come at us with everything they got.

In a sick and cowardly way I actually am welcoming this insanity to come to an end. I don't like what I see and I sure as hell am too old to fight back in any major capacity. As far as coming back to God, it is too late for me. It just isn't in my heart and to do so out of fear would be wrong and obvious in the first place.

Anyhow, thanks for the sobering thoughts Bo!

It's never too late, friend. And there's never a wrong reason. I know what you're saying...my heart's been challenged in many ways over the past few years. I felt like I was in a head butting competition with Him, so I turned away, but things just kept getting worse. Now I've come back around, because I believe we are in the end times and this insanity will come to an end soon, and what lies ahead after that, I do not know. I'm more and more certain of this because of the things I've been studying over the past two years...biblical prophecies are happening all around us every single day. In today's day and age, with natural disasters, economic hardships, civil unrest, saber rattling from world leaders, and attacks on religion, this tribulation dream doesn't seem so far-fetched!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Because that whole slavery phase we went through wasn't our low point? What about the native genocide? How can this possibly be our lowest point?

Because...because... gay rights!! And um...Obama! And Beyonce's sexy music videos!!

reply to post by BO XIAN

Seriously though, this entire prophesy seems to be based on the evangelist A.A. Allen's prophesy/dream from the 1950's. Here's a link in case anyone is interested..

Certain parts are almost identical.

As I looked, suddenly from the sky I saw a giant hand reach down. That gigantic hand was reaching out toward the Statue of Liberty. In a moment her gleaming torch was torn from her hand, and in it instead was placed a cup; and I saw protruding from that great cup a giant sword, shining as if a great light had been turned upon its glistening edge. Never before had I seen such a sharp, glistening, dangerous sword. It seemed to threaten all the world.

Higher power/angel/god - Check. Sword - Check. Statue of Liberty - Check.

Never before had I heard such shrill, screaming sirens. They seemed to be everywhere--to the north, the south, the east, and the west. There seemed to be multitudes of sirens; and as I looked, I saw people everywhere running, but it seemed none of them ran more than a few paces, and then they fell. And even as I had seen the Statue of Liberty struggling to regain her poise and balance and finally falling for the last time to die on her face, I now saw millions of people falling in the streets, on the sidewalks, struggling. I heard their screams for mercy and help. I heard their horrible coughing as though their lungs had been seared with fire. I hear d the moanings and groanings of the doomed and the dying. As I watched, a few finally reached shelters, but only a few ever got to the shelters.

Destruction of Statue of Liberty, people screaming, hiding, running to shelters.

Then suddenly I saw from the Atlantic and from the Pacific and out of the Gulf rocket-like objects that seemed to come up like fish leaping out of the water. High into the air they leaped, each headed in a different direction, but every one toward the United States. On the ground the sirens screamed louder, and up from the ground I saw similar rockets beginning to ascend. To me these appeared to be interceptor rockets although they arose from different points all over the United States; however, none of them seemed to be successful in intercepting the rockets that had risen from the ocean on every side. These rockets finally reached their maximum height, slowly turned over and fell back toward the earth in defeat.

Then suddenly the rockets which had leaped out of the oceans like fish all exploded at once. The explosion was ear-splitting. The next thing which I saw was a huge ball of fire. The only thing I have ever seen which resembled the thing I saw in my vision was the picture of the explosion of the H-bomb somewhere in the South Pacific. In my vision it was so real that I seemed to feel a searing heat from it.

Explosions, missiles fired out of the seas, H-bomb...

This guy just elaborates on what happens after all of the commotion. The inevitable mark of the beast, concentration camps, etc.

And here is another website, a Christian forum that has a prophecy/dream and of course the Statue of Liberty gets demolished in that one too. Only American isn't Sodom in this story...we're more like Babylon.

We just love to destroy the Statue of Liberty for some reason. College Humor even makes a joke about it.

And I honestly think it's a little bit of a stretch to say

Your beginning was pure and great, but now the stench of your sin and filth fills My nostrils!

Yeah...not quite. We began with the genocide of almost an entire race of people. Not exactly pure and great.

And

I brought you from nothing and exalted you, O America, higher than any other nation!

doesn't that seem a bit conceited? Why is God - the supposed creator of an ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Not just earth, not just our sun, nor any of the other planets in our solar system.. the entire UNIVERSE, so focused on America? Why would He have ever raised us higher than any other nation? I guess He forgot about His original chosen people in Israel?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

alienreality
And you call the condemning of these things religious drivel?? WOW, You should fire your attorney in your head and allow the one in that doesn't lie to you. All the checks your heart is writing for you will never be cashed if they are signed by the devil.

Your self pride always stands out in threads like a broken cuckoo clock.

No, I am calling the religious drivel, religious drivel.
Condemnation is perfectly understood..but wrath of god on the earth because the US is (insert your favorite anger towards "the man") when this and much, much, MUCH worse has been going on since the dawning of civilization?

The last 2 sentences made no sense.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

jacktorrance

I brought you from nothing and exalted you, O America, higher than any other nation!

doesn't that seem a bit conceited? Why is God - the supposed creator of an ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Not just earth, not just our sun, nor any of the other planets in our solar system.. the entire UNIVERSE, so focused on America? Why would He have ever raised us higher than any other nation? I guess He forgot about His original chosen people in Israel?

America, %$#@ yeah!!!
that's why!

Actually, I wonder if most of these so called modern day prophets are actually anti-theist trolls turning the religion into a parody.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

1. 100's of folks the world over . . . many of very humble status, personality and demeanor . . . have had extremely similar dreams and visions over the last 20+ years.

Isn't it possible that perhaps many of these people have simply read or heard these prophecies over the last 20 years, and then dreamed something similar?

100's of folks in a world with 7 billion isn't necessarily what I would consider remarkable. I'd venture to say that almost everyone on this site has had a dream where they are flying..it doesn't mean we're going to grow wings.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I found it quite comical a prophet who copywrites his prophecy, but anyway, I am wondering if you are so or at least semi friendly with this person, what would you think of attempting to get him to make an account so we can question his integrity? I despise liers with the fiercest of passion and this guy reeks of one, it would take a virtuistic autistic savant genius to recollect a dream with that much clarity and detail...it most honestly seems more like imaginative projected thought, in fact, the same recycled apocalyptic speech and buzz themes that have been said ad nauseum. So if you are buddy buddy I would like you to ask him if he would consider doing that, if even spending an hour of his time one day allowing us to question him. I really want to know if he truly thinks he is receiving visions from god, or if he is just a lonely wicked man child who likes attention for his learned way with words.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Actually, I wonder if most of these so called modern day prophets are actually anti-theist trolls turning the religion into a parody.

It kind of seems that way, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

jacktorrance
Seriously though, this entire prophesy seems to be based on the evangelist A.A. Allen's prophesy/dream from the 1950's. Certain parts are almost identical.

So if Maurice Sklar plagiarized A.A. Allen what about William Branham?

Did he borrow George Washington's vision too?

And what about Henry Gruver?

Perhaps he got his ideas from the Hopi Indians, NOT...

All I'm trying to say is that this future event has been confirmed so many times throughout history that the odds of it being fabricated is virtually non-existent.

Just a few others who have also correlated this:

George Washington, William Branham, Nita Johnson, Hopi Indians, David E. Taylor, Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj, Anton Sawyer, etc, etc.

See 220 Prophetic Warnings PDF for more examples...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

K, gotcha,

I can't understand that last part I wrote earlier, either.. I needed to get in some sleep time and must have already been "sleep posting"

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

No apologies needed...

In fact, that was actually some pretty awesome prose BTW:

alienreality
And you call the condemning of these things religious drivel?? WOW, You should fire your attorney in your head and allow the one in that doesn't lie to you. All the checks your heart is writing for you will never be cashed if they are signed by the devil.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Just wanted to say that the visions of the mark of the beast in what you posted seem to be similar to what Mary K. Baxter saw in the visions she said Jesus showed her. Specifically what is found in chapters 18 and 22 of her book, that is easy and quick reading, though possibly disturbing. It can be read online or downloaded from here.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You know little with any significant effective understanding and comprehension about the God of the Old Testament.

Maybe so - perhaps that's because I find him quite vindictive and at times cruel.
Why would such an all powerful being or entity be so petty and ego driven?

He's the same One who sent 'His only begotten" to The Cross.

Yeah, I don't quite get that as well.
Don't get me wrong, over the years many people have 'explained' it to me and I understand the theory etc, its just that I don't see the reasoning or purpose behind it.

Certainly there are mysteries and sometimes some unfathomables about Him and His ways.

Again yeah, but why?
Why should 'he' seek to be so mysterious?
Why place hidden messages in scripture of debateable origin?
Why hide cryptic messages inside the dreams and visions of a handful of people?
Why use such dubious methods to divulge 'his' 'message'?
Why leave everything open to so much doubt and mis-interpretation?

Isn't it a bit of a cop out to simply put things like that down to being mysterious and 'unfathomable'?

iIf 'God' is all powerful and all knowing why does he play mind games with people?

Nevertheless, over my 60+ years, I've found Him to be exceedingly Loving; altogether Good; exceedingly compassionate etc. . . . even when for long months to years . . . it didn't seem like it in some respects.

I am genuinely very pleased for you.

Over my approaching 50 years I've found him pretty much absent.
Now that's not grounds for me disbelieving in 'his' existence, (I think its a pointless exercise, totally unprovable until we die - so why waste time on it?), I just question 'his' methods and motivations.

I don't think there's anything I can say to convince you differently than your current perspective.
It would take something truly supernatural and very personal to do that, imho.

Probably not.
I'm not one to put blind faith in anything - so I guess it would require some sort of powerful personal experience for me to be converted.

I do know that it's not wise to sit in judgment of God. It's not something He enjoys seeing.

I try my best not to judge anyone let alone some alleged Supreme Being.....but I'll continue to question the alleged reasoning behind his machinations and dogmatic creed.
Why would that be an affront to anyone, especially someone all powerful and all knowing?
Does 'he' really have such a big ego?

It also presumes that those doing so have a perch lofty enough and omniscient enough to judge God from. I've never seen that as the least bit realistic . . . regardless of how convinced they are that they have a right to judge God from.

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the answer I gave earlier.
But again, it's not a question of judging 'him' its a matter of is 'God' so arrogant and pompous that no-one can question 'him'?

In terms of Maurice Sklar's dreams/prophecies . . . he is describing a period when God has warned for more than 2,000 years that the judgment of all the preceding millenia's accrued "fertilizer rolling down hills" stuff . . . is scheduled.

I'm sorry, I've seen no definitive proof of 'God' warning us of anything let alone about some sort Armageddon and End of Days.

And if 'God' was so intent on helping us see the error of our ways why doesn't 'he' simply tell us in an open and unequivocal manner?
Why rely on hidden scripture or prophetic visions etc?

The Apostles apparently thought the end of the world was nigh and that Jesus would return during their lifetime.
Many people during The Dark and Middle Ages thought Armageddon was imminent.
Exactly the same as during The Reformation and all other periods and times.
I understand it was quite a common belief amongst many pioneers of the American West.
Why would we expect the current era to be any different and why wouldn't we have our own share of people seeing evil portents and revelationary visions?

Former atheist C.S. Lews has an excellent book on THE PROBLEM OF PAIN.

I'm Agnostic and not an Atheist.....a massive difference in my book.
I would never assume to think that I know anything either way relating to 'Gods' existence

If you've never read it, it might offer food for thought.

I'll try to find a copy.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Again yeah, but why?

Excellent post Freeborn...

It would make for an interesting thread as well.

I only have a few minutes here so I won't try to answer them but the thing that immediately came to mind was this:

Recently I watched 3 films that had some incredible answers to many questions very similar to yours.

I highly recommend watching them if you can...

"The Perfect Stranger" is based on the novel, 'Dinner With a Perfect Stranger' by David Gregory, 'THE PERFECT STRANGER' tells the story of Nikki, a troubled attorney who one day receives a mysterious dinner invitation from a man claiming to be Jesus of Nazareth. Throughout their evening of conversation, arguments and spirited debate, Nikki learns things she never knew about life, the universe, and most importantly, herself:
(Sequel to this film is here BTW)

"The Encounter" is about five strangers who find themselves stranded at a mysterious diner with a man who somehow has all of the answers to their problems.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

All those things and labels you are saying about God are only caused by fear and misunderstanding. It is natural or instinctive to call everything around us including the Creator mean and nasty and against us by putting us all here, right? Because it is a jungle out there and this place will kill us for certain, however, Until we seek to learn the actual reason for things and why He does it this way, it would be hard to understand. The walls we put up to shield ourselves from what we perceive is going to be traumatic to even understand, is often done when it shouldn't be.

You said God has been absent from you for 50+ years? Are you sure it was not you who has been absent? Did you welcome him to your domain? He has welcomed us to find him anytime you are ready to admit your failings and ask for help. The human race definitely needs a massive amount of help.

Here is the problem: Why should he just openly answer all your questions unequivocally like you mention? Tell me, what have any of us done to deserve getting all the keys of understanding delivered on a silver platter? We don't get answers unless we actually seek to know those answers, but it costs you a little bit effort and participation to start getting those answers.

You have shown a fine example, just like me, and all people do, why we have to look hard and long to get God answering our cry for help, or answering questions. It is labeling him all those things that are only true for ourselves, which we do because of pride in ourselves. Look at how you have held your head high with chin up, and afforded to yourself the answers to all of life's questions from God himself, while you/we continue to do evil and be too prideful to even "listen" if he is answering those questions or not.

You and I are the ones that must admit that WE are in need of vast improvement, not God. To blame him for our actions and poor choices that have not even welcomed in wisdom and understanding to begin with, is 100% foolish and ridiculous, don't you think?

I one day I just gave up in resisting to understand, and then I could feel a change almost immediately.. It is our move to get the ball rolling because of how ugly our hearts are.
People find it difficult to become humble and admit how the truth would define them, because the truth finds us very guilty!

We were found so guilty in fact, that God was going to completely wipe us out forever because of how evil we can be. I can see this myself, and would agree with God it is true and his judgment would be more than fair and just, for my own destruction. I would not say everyone else deserves destruction, Just me. It isn't any Christians' place to say who should be judged. But we see it being done by people everywhere. Even many Christians become proud of being Christians to the point of forgetting that we aren't the one's calling those shots.

But he came up with the alternative to send Christ. Christ was willing to be sacrificed so we could be spared eternal death, but for us to be spared, we had to hear the word about this act that Christ his son did, is in fact the truth. The whole thing is showing a grandness that no one could hoax. And I know personally that is actually and really true. Once you give this the benefit of doubt and show a willingness and ask to be in his family, it is so much easier, because then you are showing a little team spirit, not hiding from your boss somewhere wanting to just clock out and get home. (and even still get the pay check). (This is how we really are). Gotta work a bit to be delivered just by dropping our prideful and boasting charade.

For absolute proof that we do these dumb things that keep us shackled, just look at our global situation looking like that apocalypse might actually happen, because these retards we have as leaders are all walking tall with chins up to each other's country's leaders, in a swaggering walk of pride that we are right, not the other guy and they think the same thing.

One thing about having faith is that to find it was the only route to learn certain things, requires utilizing experimentation just like scientists use to prove theories. (haha)

So, giving this entire creation deal the benefit of the doubt first off, is being scientific after all. People that don't even try it are forgoing the scientific method which includes experiments and trial and error.. (LOL-a-rama on that one) (I wonder how many monkeys in the cage I poked with that one)

I know I'll take a beating for saying that last part, but I can see how true it actually is.

I'm only telling you what I know from learning these things and I had asked the same questions, and had some of the same misconceptions about God, until I did my part first. Doing it this way lets us out of our prisons that our faulty pride builds for us.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

All I'm trying to say is that this future event has been confirmed so many times throughout history that the odds of it being fabricated is virtually non-existent.

No, it hasn't been confirmed by anyone. It has been predicted, sure, but to this day no one has been able to confirm that anything will happen. Speculation about the end of time spans from every nation, and didn't begin with the Hopi Indians, and it likely won't end with Maurice Sklar.

But my point was that Maurice Sklar's prediction is almost word for word the prediction of A.A. Allen's in certain aspects. The destruction of the Statue of Liberty by a sword wielding angel or god - missiles launched from the oceans, the mushroom cloud, the view that they both have while watching the nation be destroyed.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Well, if anyone had confirmed it, we wouldn't be here talking about it.

It's a prophecy. It's proof or disproof is in the fulfillment or when it becomes impossible. Neither condition currently exists.
edit on 17-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sorry . . . rather exhausted after an intense day with a PTSD Marine. Looking forward to a long trip tomorrow with him.

Probably won't be up to posting much in terms of replies until next Saturday. Will see.

Thanks to all who care to contribute meaningfully to the topic.

Blessings,

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Well...

"See you down in Arizona Bay!"

A lyric from a Tool song. I wanna say it's called Schism. But Tool songs always have strange titles so it's hard to keep track sometimes if you're not an avid listener. And it's impossible to be an avid listener to any one thing when your music taste is so wide and varied that you arean avid listener to all. As is the case with me.

It seems like it could be true (the dream/prophesy), but like others said, what about the 450 years of slavery? What about 10s of millions of Native deaths? Is it because we have so much power globally that we are now responsible for the state of the world and all the good we didn't do? And back then we were just hopeless barbarians who didn't know any better? But now we definitely know better and definitely have the power to changethe eentire world for the better? I believe there are hidden, secret, and or suppressed technologies that could do a lot of good so maybe our leaders are pissing off god by sitting on all the answers we need. The dream mentioned unbelievable technology. I could see them, after a major catastrophe, unveiling their super tech to overwhelm us like a small boy deciding the fate of ants crawling on a sidewalk since we would be without electricity and in a sorry state and unable to feed ourselves. The super technology would finally be whipped out to solve all our problems...for a price. They know many won't accept that price, even non Christians I've talked to seem to be against the idea of the mark of the beast, unless they were totally desperate.

Eta- of course, non christians wouldn't refer to or think of it as the mark of the beast but all the same they would see it as a tracking device planted into all citizens and would not like it one bit even without the religious part included. But the dream says they will be required to bow down to an image of the AC, so maybe religion will be included whethertthey like it or not...
edit on 3/18/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Closed for staff review:

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join