It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation scare, but no signs of leak: Halifax officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

HALIFAX -- Firefighters responded to a radiation scare aboard a ship at the port of Halifax on Thursday night, but later determined there was no leak of radioactive material.
A city news release says firefighters received a call shortly before 10 p.m. after four steel cylinders fell about six metres from inside a container at one of the city's terminals, landing in a contained area of the ship.
It said the cylinders contained uranium hexafluoride, which is the chemical compound used in the gas centrifuge process to enrich uranium that is then used as reactor fuel or to arm nuclear missiles.

Radiation scare, but no signs of leak: Halifax officials

Well so they move potential extremly dangerous material use to make nuclear missles on container cargo boat like the last sony tv set you buy ... lucky i dont live near this port !

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

I just moved from dartmouth (the other side of halifax), to Newfoundland.
Saw this the other night, thought it aweful random.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

wow that could have easily turned real bad real quick. It makes me wonder how ofter dangerous goods like that get sh ipped through Vancovers port.. I never thought they would ship radioactive material ob the same ship that brings food and othe house hold goods to the average person.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Man if that did happen it would deeply sadden me. I am already seeing the grim affects of the rads over here. There were a few dead seals on the beach at the end of last year, and far fewer baby crabs in the early summer. I live on Vancouver island and have been quite concerned about this since it happened. But thank goodness you all got off ok.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Oh are they ever covering tracts. Radiation well over the levels was detected and reported. This radiation interacts with rain and snow and turns really active chemical that harms your lungs horribly. and it was raining. When this crate carrying fuel for nuclear bombs, smashed to the ground, they were talking about evacuating

Now its just, vague and mysterious, no need for alarm.

If they have endangered anyone, and if numbers come down sick, its time for them to go to jail.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Like I posted in another thread,some poor guy got a pink slip over this for sure. I have no idea why this would be shipped as it was,or what it was headed to the states for,but my god if anybody messes with my waterfront I will be pissed.
edit on 15-3-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

top topics

join