It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Putin Will Buckle Under Sanctions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

rigel4

999zxcv
China will have Russian backs when it comes to money they will do a deal for some American dollar debt they do not need the west as much as we like to think they do how will we get men to the iss .

Russia have food/ water/oil in quantity make cars etc what else do they really need from us they cannot get from south america or one of the satellite states

Off the top my head the expertise and replacement parts for their
petro chemical industry.

I would have to research just what they actually do need..

i bet our good friend Israel will help out just like the part's for the phantoms going to Iran

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

999zxcv

rigel4

999zxcv
China will have Russian backs when it comes to money they will do a deal for some American dollar debt they do not need the west as much as we like to think they do how will we get men to the iss .

Russia have food/ water/oil in quantity make cars etc what else do they really need from us they cannot get from south america or one of the satellite states

Off the top my head the expertise and replacement parts for their
petro chemical industry.

I would have to research just what they actually do need..

i bet our good friend Israel will help out just like the part's for the phantoms going to Iran

Lets not even go there..... That's like bringing a spider
to a fly's tea party.

edit on Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:25:49 -0500257America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

(post by Rikku removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Rikku

Putin has three choices and all end in with **ed

[snip]
+

Suppose you explain which one i am with your
stunning facts as to why Putin can
do what Putin likes..

Willing to bow to your superior knowledge of the
gangster Putin.

edit on 14-3-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Rikku

Putin has three choices and all end in with **ed

[snip]

That poster isnt deluded nor stupid... ya mean old thing.

Some folks dont know all of the fine details of the changes that have happened over the last decade or 2... or how screwed up backward things are currently... or how many resources Russia really has. the EU sure doesnt make it well known how really dependant on Russia they are.. thats for sure
Demeaning them wont show them whats changed or why Putin will do exactly what he wants to do. Maybe add some info about WHY you feel that way along with the snark.

edit on 14-3-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well good, then they can buy all of China's crappy products and we can get back to American made.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Germany gets about 50% of its gas from Russia and Germany rules/leads Europe and sanctions would probably hit Europe harder than it would Russia.
Sanctions will have no effect on Russia whatsoever.
Maybe discussion, diplomacy and the desire for peace will win out eventually, but sanctions and threats of aggression will only work to drive the wedge further and heighten tensions.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

maybe the spider is pulling the flies into the net ?

as this missing plane is taking a lot of ships into the area and making everyone look elsewhere

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure that Russia has the human capital to do it. They are facing a crisis of manpower. Now, if they allowed the Chinese to expend some of their useless young men doing the development work ... it might happen. The problem with that is what the Chinese would extract in return for basically selling a large portion of their population into a lifetime of slavery. China may not value them because they have no real value, but you better believe they'd sell them dear if it meant beefing up a competitor.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Russia has a population just over 140 million people. It's not our 300 million or China's 1.4 Billion...but that also means they don't have all the extra demand on their internal supply and production which the US does.

How many people do they need to accomplish what? I think they have enough for their own interests.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How many of those are work capable? They are facing the same aging population problems the rest of Europe are. In fact, Russians have worse problems than most of Europe.

Russian fertility rates have been falling for decades. They stood at 1.4 babies per woman in 2010, far below the 2.1 needed to naturally replenish the population. Death rates, particularly among males between the ages of 25 and 45, spiked in the post-Soviet period and still remain considerably higher than births. As a result, Russia’s population has been simultaneously contracting and aging. That’s a double-whammy that holds dire implications for Putin’s hopes of returning Russia to the world’s center stage as a great power.

This also begs the question of how much military action Putin can create.
edit on 14-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Russia is a Super Power in more ways than it's not. It's military is quite capable of slapping us all over Eastern Europe if we go there with some half way snarky attitude that we're going to teach Russia a lesson through intimidation or pressure. Just as Russia would get stomped to mush if they were on our side of the planet and playing hard games (and has been, each time they have tried) we are way out where the buses don't run for places our foreign policy has any right to be. When we've successfully taken Ukraine from Russian influence, what is next? Reports of oppressed gays in Russia as a pretext to have to assist with force there?

It isn't ending. We went to war in 2001 and it's just not ending. One nation after another. Russia hasn't been in continuous combat to various levels in a dozen nations across 13+ years and two major wars. We have. Russia isn't the problem here. We are, right now.

We need to let that part of the world sort it's own hash for once and stay CLEAR out of what is not our business. Some of this dates back to times before our nation was even a gleam in a British eye to imagine making colonies of.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

NOT going to Happen . Putin Learned a Thing or Two from the Elites about how to Protect your Capital ..............

blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by ketsuko

Russia is a Super Power in more ways than it's not. It's military is quite capable of slapping us all over Eastern Europe if we go there with some half way snarky attitude that we're going to teach Russia a lesson through intimidation or pressure. Just as Russia would get stomped to mush if they were on our side of the planet and playing hard games (and has been, each time they have tried) we are way out where the buses don't run for places our foreign policy has any right to be. When we've successfully taken Ukraine from Russian influence, what is next? Reports of oppressed gays in Russia as a pretext to have to assist with force there?

It isn't ending. We went to war in 2001 and it's just not ending. One nation after another. Russia hasn't been in continuous combat to various levels in a dozen nations across 13+ years and two major wars. We have. Russia isn't the problem here. We are, right now.

We need to let that part of the world sort it's own hash for once and stay CLEAR out of what is not our business. Some of this dates back to times before our nation was even a gleam in a British eye to imagine making colonies of.

I'm not saying they can't, but if they are taking the long view, can they afford to? They have demographic problems.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Really ...

Here is another way to look at it

Russia starts Trading Oil in Gold or even the Chinese Yuan

Saudis Accept this instead of the Us Dollar

More to follow .....

Riouz

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by rigel4

There's only one problem.

The sanctions I don't think will effect it's trading relationship with China, which at the moment is Russia's largest economic friend and partner.

So as long as that goes unimpeded, I highly doubt Russia will fold over these.

~Tenth

Here's another problem well two

China has invested in and turning to Turkmanistan in the west and Myanmar to South for its Gas needs

The infrastructure would take many years to even begin pumping from Russia

I'm more than sure should the gas in Europe be turned of the electric will go on, and there is the capacity, so yes Russia will fair the worst since it has a resource based economy and Gazprom keeps it afloat, considering Russia has now lost well over 60 billion how do you think it might fair in the next few years?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Riouz
Really ...

Here is another way to look at it

Russia starts Trading Oil in Gold or even the Chinese Yuan

Saudis Accept this instead of the Us Dollar

More to follow .....

Riouz

Then China's debt based economy riding on the biggest bubble the world has ever and will ever see goes bang when the US default and so does everybody else, also killing of the rest of China's exports as nobody buys there junk, leaving china in its very own little hell on earth

Russia's economy will die when Gazprom has no customers To sell to, which will result in an equally impressive collapse and the head hunting of Putin by his fellow Countrymen

All for Crimea ?

I doubt it..

But Russia and it's sympathiser can carry on throwing there toys out the pram for now I guess
edit on 14-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

This needs to be dumped in the hoax bin.I've never heard so much rubbish in all my Life. Far from reality.Get a grip.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

This is the OP that puts putin fotos characterised as hitler, funny thing is that people cant see thorugh...

On topic, putin will bow the same as obummer tells the truth. Wanna bet?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

My points:

1. There will be lots of hot air being shout by Europe and the US, but...

2. Russian will get Crimea and the West will say "fine", as it did in WWII. "Sorry Ukraine" as simple as that.

3. Nothing will actually be done for Europe and the US are compromised in many way, but mostly they are economically weak

4. We are not talking about a babe Army or a terrorist group. It's bloody RUSSIA, and this is grownup and a too dangerous fight.

5. The west is not up to mess things up at this point, at least not for Crimea/Ukraine. Crimea will be given for free. Mr Putin knows that, so do all tha major leaders. Germany don't need that now

Finally, there will be no more ride for the International Space Station (irony here)... I'd be very worried were I an American astronaut in the ISS up there now

Bests
edit on 15-3-2014 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join