It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharp Changes in Altitude and Course After Jet Lost Contact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 experienced significant changes in altitude after it lost contact with ground control, and altered its course more than once as if still under the command of a pilot, American officials and others familiar with the investigation said Friday.

Radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appear to show the missing airliner climbing to 45,000 feet, above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200, soon after it disappeared from civilian radar and made a sharp turn to the west, according to a preliminary assessment by a person familiar with the data.

Sharp Changes in Altitude and Course After Jet Lost Contact

The radar track, which the Malaysian government has not released but says it has provided to the United States and China, then shows the plane descending unevenly to an altitude of 23,000 feet, below normal cruising levels, as it approached the densely populated island of Penang, one of the country’s largest. There, the plane turned from a southwest-bound course, climbed to a higher altitude and flew northwest over the Strait of Malacca toward the Indian Ocean.

I think it is now completely obvious that the plane had been hijacked...I also think that whoever hijacked the plane may have attempted to land it somewhere...but US investigators disagree there:

Investigators considered but dismissed the possibility that hijackers landed the plane somewhere for later use in a terrorist attack, according to a senior American official briefed on the investigation.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Im wondering how low would a plane have to get before it vanished off radar?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Or maybe in this case, how high?

I think the ceiling for a 777 is around 43,000...read that somewhere earlier today.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It would seem someone has plans for that plane...

link   
The plane was flying in a way to avoid radars, and that included taking a specific flight path - South West towards the Malacca Strait, then North West towards the Andaman Islands. Some radars did see a blip, which some think was the plane, but overall the plane did avoid significant contact with radars.

With all this said, whoever was flying the plane after it had turned around, flew above and below, the approved limits for a 777...

link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Can 777 can fly much higher than that?

As radar is a beam coming from the ground im guessing its harder to make something disappear by going higher than going lower.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What are you wanting a plane for ?
What are you wanting the brains for ?
Don't think this is the 'good guys'...
Think this is the bad guys wanting a plane and some bad ass tech knowledge

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by f4andHALFtoads

Someone said that a drug cartel or someone similar might have use for a plane or that someone (maybe pirates) could even sell it for something like $125,000 on the black market.

(My hopeful theory is that the Chinese used this to test their cloaking technology and the experiment was embarrassing and they're trying to find a face-saving way out of it and everyone on board is okay.)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
At first doesn't seem like the hijackers knew what they were doing. Then again... Perhaps it was done for a reason, pilots, hijackers(in theory) only had access to oxygen. The crew and passengers were "knocked out" due to hypoxia-lack of oxygen(though wouldn't it be easier to de-pressurize? the cabin), dead or alive would make the plane flight easier for the kidnappers. Or there was a fight leading to the discourse in the "new path". Will let the experts elaborate that.

Seven days after the jet’s disappearance, Malaysian authorities have shared few details with American investigators, frustrating senior officials in Washington. “They’re keeping us at a distance,” one of the officials said.

Op source

Wonder why, trying to "keep away sensationalist claims" or did they know something, or are just feeling guilty because it happened under their watch?

What ever the case, I have a feeling wreckage won't be found, that plane is long stored somewhere awaiting it's next destination. In best hopes that the passengers are alive and will be released.
edit on 14-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: to

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by daaskapital

Im wondering how low would a plane have to get before it vanished off radar?

That depends on the power of the radar and its height above the ground., the terrain, and any attenuating weather. And since radar is line of sight, distance from the site is also important.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why is everything being released so slowly? What in the world is going on? Why would the Malaysian government not do something immediately as this was happening? This now seems like a hijack+something bigger.

However it might take a week to fake all this data and create the cover up, if something really out of the ordinary happened....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I say 5 will get you 20 that in the not-so-distant future this plane shows up out-of-nowhere flying into a major metropolitan area filled to the gills with explosives. Even if shot down, it WILL explode high in the air (major air burst explosion and subsequent EMP destroying all electronics in the vicinity).

Think, Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Temple on the Mount, The Taj Mahal, etc...

PS: I just hope I am wrong.
edit on 3/14/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Malaysia is not being forthcoming with intel. Then again they might not have all that much. Although I will admit that when it comes to investigations I see the Malaysian Authorities kinda being the Abbot and Costello of investigators.

They just ain't all that bright and being prideful they have not allowed access to their data by much more experienced folks like the NTSB. Who BTW has offered to lead the investigation but have been denied the ability to do so.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
.... What I find really strange is that we can detect car sized space rocks passing between Earth and the Moon and yet with all the monitoring that goes on at a terrestrial level that an airliner can apparently vanish .... evidence's being suppressed somewhere! Guess this is probably because to disclose such capabilities would expose a nation's surveillance technology.
Meanwhile hundreds of tortured loved ones wait ....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Can somebody calculate time and speed needed to travel that distance and compare with "normal" flight. also Fuel availability for it to reach nearest landing strip (Medan ?).

This is hard, but...

Plane abducted by UFO ?

edit on 14-3-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No one is pointing out that at 45,000 ft. in the air the passengers were killed by lack of oxygen. this is basically proof that the passengers are dead and the plane was hijacked.

edit: My heart goes out to the families of the victims. I would be in full meltdown right now. so tragic.
edit on 15-3-2014 by nrd101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Krakatoa
I say 5 will get you 20 that in the not-so-distant future this plane shows up out-of-nowhere flying into a major metropolitan area filled to the gills with explosives. Even if shot down, it WILL explode high in the air (major air burst explosion and subsequent EMP destroying all electronics in the vicinity).

Think, Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Temple on the Mount, The Taj Mahal, etc...

PS: I just hope I am wrong.
edit on 3/14/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

That plane couldn't carry enough conventional expolsives to cause widespread damage from an air burst, and certainly not enough to create a EMP pulse. Anyone having access to that many explosives certainly wouldn't need a 777 to use as a delivery platform. There are much easier and more discreet ways to do that.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

The 777 could easily carry massive amounts of gasoline and common industrial fertilizer available anywhere. A person doesn't have to be a criminal mastermind to obtain either of the two listed above. Just think Oklahoma Federal building bomb say times ten. That's a pretty big boom IMO.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think one reason Malaysia is so hesitant to share their information is supposedly that some military intelligence can be discovered through their radar capabilities--ie. Sharing their information to other nations shows that nation how advanced and where their radar is

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

GuidedKill
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

The 777 could easily carry massive amounts of gasoline and common industrial fertilizer available anywhere. A person doesn't have to be a criminal mastermind to obtain either of the two listed above. Just think Oklahoma Federal building bomb say times ten. That's a pretty big boom IMO.

Agreed, if the culprit were motivated enought to pack the plane with those things it would create a "large boom," but nowhere near what would be needed to produce the damage inferred. Also keep in mind that just because thoe things could fit in the plane, an attacker would also be severely limited due to weight issues. You can fill a plane full of those things, but it would never get off the ground. It would be much easier and logistically feasible to fill a semi with those materials and carry out an attack that way.

Seriously, the only ones that point to a plane being used as a weapons delivery platform are those living in fear of "terrorists" since the 9/11/2001 fiasco.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join