It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Awesome Aquarium!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This aquarium is absolutely stunning the amount of man hours and the level of skill is astounding! The dragon is a custom sculpting by Giulio Golinelli and it looks bad ass! Imagine having that as a show piece!

www.advancedaquarist.com...

Water Dragon

Advanced aquarists usually aren't the biggest fans of artificial aquarium decorations, but I think most of us would make an exception for this ...

A year ago, professional German aquarium designer and consultant Oliver Knott entered this planted aquarium work of art into the aquscaping competition, The Art of the Planted Aquarium. His unconventional design did not win that year, but the "Dragon Hunter Scape" aquarium has definitely made a lasting impression on anyone who has seen it.

The dragon was painstakingly sculpted by Giulio Golinelli (Italy) using polymer clays and acrylic paint over a metal substructure. The intricate details on the dragon, including the above-water island on its back, are unspeakably beautiful. Oliver Knott then surrounded the dragon with choice rock and aquatic plants to complete a fantasy aquascape unlike any other.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wow . It is amazing at some of the skill humans posses
To create such amazing things

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Very detailed and imaginative! Beautiful!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hey... I didnt know you were an aquarium freak too!

COOL!!! I had monster salt water tanks way back when.. and over the years Ive really grown to enjoy just tanks or any glass thing I can fill with water and stick to aquatic plants from all over the world rather than the fauna/fish. I like area theme tanks... like pick a certain body of water in a certain location and import the flora/substrate/etc to make a little ecosystem. I started going to thrift stores and antique stores looking for cool glass containers... and Im now in the process of making a freshwater ecosystem of Akan Lake in Japan.
I got the idea because I like those "Marimo Balls" in my beta tanks and looked into Akan Lake. Kinda like this one.. but mine will be over the top overkill. LOL!
i612.photobucket.com...

I do this with the tarantulas as well. The origin of the tarantula and its native habitat .. I try to get it a perfect as I can. Right now Im working on the vivarium of a Phormictopus Cancerides... an 8" leg span huge Haitian. Getting stuff FROM Haiti/West Indies is a pain, but its going to be awesome!! Maybe it will convince this evil lady not to try to eat my face off every time I feed her or clean her cage ( wishful thinking).

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I've not had one since the move, but I still enjoy masterpieces, the site I liked, advanced aquarist has so many amazing tanks on that site

My fav was the one that had sand flowing down a hill underwater
to make it look like a waterfall!

That movie arachnophobia scarred me for life. I use to play w spiders esp tarantulas growing up... Saw that movie.... F'd me up

But I still like looking at them behind glass. There is this one guy that does Zen like tank set ups, I mean there is like no filter/pump all the oxygen is supplied by the plants and the water is still... . They are so beautiful I wish I could remember his name right now... drawing a blank =/

Check these out tho

www.boredpanda.com...
edit on 15-3-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join