It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia downs US drone *Breaking*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Wow, that was pretty rude of them.

However, all the headlines I'm seeing are like "Russia Says It Took Down a US Drone Over Crimea."

Has the U.S. confirmed? No? Didn't think so.

I think if they are In possession of a drone with US specs who cares if US confirms?

AAC

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

so what is your point bowing if a form of respect in some cultures .

showing respect is a weakness ?

not that i support him or anything but what are you getting at

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
I see a lot of bashing our president (administration) over their inability to react effectively to Russia.

My question, what do you suppose he do? What options does he have?

AAC

Great question. He sure is receiving a lot of criticism for not having a backbone yet nobody is pointing the finger where it actually belongs: NATO member nations. This is EXACTLY the type of crisis NATO was formed to address, yet European countries are just as gutless (if not more so) as Obama because they are worried Putin will turn off the gas and oil taps. Time for NATO to grow a pair and draw a line in the sand. Putin may be ballsy but he isn't stupid.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by beezzer

so what is your point bowing if a form of respect in some cultures .

showing respect is a weakness ?

not that i support him or anything but what are you getting at

He's been "kow-towing" since he took office.

He "reacts" to foreign policy.
He doesn't "act".

He's shown no leadership ability. He has shown no decisive manner. He is weak and passive. His "doctrine" illustrates this.

Foreign country's and their leadership have simply taken advantage of this.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Agreed.

But I would use that very thing against Putin. Their entire government is propped up on gas revenue. They can't just shut it off. It would stifle their economy.

Reports have already came out saying Russians are moving large amounts of their money out of the country.

AAC

(post by AnAbsoluteCreation removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
No response from the U.S. It's probably a first gen NATO drone
no worries about reverse tech...

How did they jam that tho?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation

~Lucidity

However, all the headlines I'm seeing are like "Russia Says It Took Down a US Drone Over Crimea."

I think if they are In possession of a drone with US specs who cares if US confirms?

AAC

Just venturing a guess here, but it seems to me like a lot of people might care, especially seeing as this might be considered an act of war. Isn't that why this is an apparently hot topic?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

~Lucidity

AnAbsoluteCreation

~Lucidity

AAC

Just venturing a guess here, but it seems to me like a lot of people might care, especially seeing as this might be considered an act of war. Isn't that why this is an apparently hot topic?

Yes. Okay. I see your point now. Absolutely. The response is going to be VERY important.

Which leads to a great question.

ATS. What should the response be?

AAC

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I would think that flying over enemy airspace would require pre-programmed flight path software (insulated from jamming) just in case jamming was attempted.
ken
how hard would that be?
edit on 14-3-2014 by tiremanken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There's not a thread that goes by without the same predictable group complaining about the current administration. It's really starting to give me a headache, all partisan political beliefs aside. The majority of what I see is twisting, spinning, grasping, and even plain lies. Some things are actually legitimate concerns about Obama's real shortcomings. I just have to accept that some people just enjoy slapping each other on the back and pretending they are informed. It makes them feel just a little bit less powerless. None of these people would measure up as a good president. Most of the crap they spout would lead to a foreign policy nightmare if put into action, with more wars, more death, more of the same. 99% of you would accept huge campaign contributions from lobbyists and then bumble around the white house with your head up your butt for four years trying to push your extremely narrow agenda on a nation that does not agree with you. If you are really so brilliant, please run for president. At least put your actions where your mouth is in some way shape or form. Your words have become meaningless through repetition.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Was that picture I posted a T & C violation? Really? Why?

AAC

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I dont think the US have any reason to admit one of their drones was taken down, not until Russia can prove it, even if they know they lost it to the Russians. No point telling anyone about it unless Russia wants to make a big deal out of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

tiremanken
I would think that flying over enemy airspace would require pre-programmed flight path software (insulated from jamming) just in case jamming was attempted.
ken
how hard would that be?
edit on 14-3-2014 by tiremanken because: (no reason given)

I dont think America currently considers Crimea 'enemy airspace' though.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
good on the Russians for doing this...
I hope they stop every attempt by the US to interfere with what's happening in Ukraine...Putin did well in Syria by thwarting Team America's plans for that country........and the world outside of America cheered for Putin..

it's very tiring hearing the "team America" crap that swamps ATS...and it's the same posters time and time again...
I'm not against the American people...they are caught between a rock and a hard place....it's their government and it's foreign policies to the rest of the globe that disgusts me and many others...

so 3 cheers for Putin...may he have many more...

if the above offends some American posters....well that is life...I'm not from your country and I can't get thrown in goal for having a different point of view to the US.

lets see what happens after the elections in Ukraine.....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation

~Lucidity

AnAbsoluteCreation

~Lucidity

AAC

Yes. Okay. I see your point now. Absolutely. The response is going to be VERY important.

Which leads to a great question.

ATS. What should the response be?

AAC

The truth would be nice. No matter what the consequences. Doubt that many of us will believe what they say though, depending....

reply to post by Reaper62

Yeah. that's about what I reckon too.
edit on 3/14/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

DeadGhost
There's not a thread that goes by without the same predictable group complaining about the current administration. It's really starting to give me a headache, all partisan political beliefs aside. The majority of what I see is twisting, spinning, grasping, and even plain lies. Some things are actually legitimate concerns about Obama's real shortcomings. I just have to accept that some people just enjoy slapping each other on the back and pretending they are informed. It makes them feel just a little bit less powerless. None of these people would measure up as a good president. Most of the crap they spout would lead to a foreign policy nightmare if put into action, with more wars, more death, more of the same. 99% of you would accept huge campaign contributions from lobbyists and then bumble around the white house with your head up your butt for four years trying to push your extremely narrow agenda on a nation that does not agree with you. If you are really so brilliant, please run for president. At least put your actions where your mouth is in some way shape or form. Your words have become meaningless through repetition.

And not a thread goes by when an Obama apologist says "you couldn't do any better".

You have no clue who we are. This is the worst Presidency ever. Look at the polls.

You act like we are the only people against this feckless and worthless Administration.

Maybe for your headache you could sign up for Obamacare...if you can afford it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

If NATO grew a pair, it still would be equally scary I agree, but imo it's the only institution capable of stopping the annexation of Crimea
The appearance/capture of that particular drone indicates the presence of US spec operatives in Ukraine
edit on 14-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Pretty sure that drone will be filled with all sorts of almost semi-sentient like nightmare software to be deployed in Russian networks.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper62

They are being quoted on mainstream media being in possession by their military.

That's making a statement. USA has to make a statement.

And a damn good one.

AAC

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join