It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia downs US drone *Breaking*

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Reinmax
If any nation flew a drone over American troops it will be downed in an instant...

Let see how the vote go shortly and if America will respect the peoples decision?

Do you think that vote will be honest?

Imagine Putin losing the election? How embarrassing, right?

I doubt that would happen.

AAC.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I actually think the vote will be honest because they cant lose due to the make up of the population.

Getting back to the topic, whether the report of the down UAV is true or not there hasn't been a lot about it on the web and most reliable news outlets are quiet on it, no pictures have emerged.

BUT - its possible as it could have been launched from Germany ... also Belgium bought some units from the US didn't they? Maybe it was NATO and not the US?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
All of the media outlets say that this claim comes from "The Voice of Russia", which is the local propaganda broadcast. Can we really believe this report with literally NO other source to turn to for verification.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Would be pretty cool to watch the ultra HD footage and electronic data logs it grabbed before some mad spetsnaz recon group downed it. They should pay per view the rights for that, id buy that for a dollar.

Dont imagine the drone would be that high tech, probably just good enough for a kamikaze run.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

So funny, I would pay to see that footage as well. Similar to the Georgian footage?

www.youtube.com...

.... Camera swivels around... oh look a Russian Mig-29. Mig-29 fires missile... OH #. The good thing about a UAV is no casualties

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

U.S. defense officials say reports from Russia that an American MQ-5B drone was intercepted over Crimea and made an emergency landing there are false. Voice of Russia reported on Friday that “an American scout-attack drone was intercepted in the Crimean sky" and made an emergency landing after an electronic attack disrupted its computers.

“There is zero truth” to the reports, said a Department of Defense spokesperson reached by phone in Washington

www.ibtimes.com... s-us-drone-intercepted-over-crimea-are-false-1561578

who to believe?
edit on 16-3-2014 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm glad the russians shot down the drone. drones are for losers anyway. of course it has to be a U.S. drone. Right? Sure. There are no European countries technically sophisticated enough to get online an order an R/C cessna from radio shack and duct tape a video camera to it! the word TIRANUS pops into my head for some reason. Of course, the only thing I can really say on this issue is, russia and the ukraine are not part of NATO. So his lord majesty obama and his dufus servant john "Bag o Lies" kerry and the court jester, susan 'i'm to stupid to tell my own lies" rice need to keep they're pie holes SHUT. and they're noses out of it. This is an EU problem. and that's a stretch! and speaking of the EU, why is the U.S. still in NATO anyway? another question the scum sucking losers in Washington D.C. need to explain!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Sunrider
All of the media outlets say that this claim comes from "The Voice of Russia", which is the local propaganda broadcast. Can we really believe this report with literally NO other source to turn to for verification.

No.

It does not matter if the report is accurate / true or not. The report is not directed at the West / NATO.

Its a fluff piece for their own people. They are revving up nationalistic mentality in the face of the West. Its the same when Russian media reports on all of the protests taking place in E. Ukraine / Crimea where people are being injured / killed. The reports are not meant for the west, they are designed to fool their own people. The footage Russian media is using was from the protests in Kiev (which has been proven time and again). Since western media can be compared / contrasted / questioned, it would serve no purpose to direct it at the west.

Since Russia has removed any and all independent media outlets, all that is left is Russian State Media, and since we know Russia State Media is not going to be taken seriously by the West.....

reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Still waiting for you to answer the question I asked that you, for some reason, are still ignoring.
No coup occurred in Ukraine per the Ukraine Constitution.
A coup DID occur in Crimea per the Ukraine Constitution.

instead of constantly attacking the posters, how about you answer their questions?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

True but Ukraine is a sovereign nation and can ask for assistance from whomever they choose, including NATO. They can also ask for assistance in repelling an invasion that Russia has launched into Ukraine.

Before you prattle off an argument about Crimea (which there action is illegal based on Ukraine's constitution) Russian troops have expanded outside of Crimea, securing a gas planet just north of the Crimean border inside mainland Ukraine.

Also since some seemed to be lost - Ukraine met all requirements to join NATO back in 2010. The Ukrainian government opted not to join. That could change tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Sunrider

Anything is possible. They did broadcast the serial number of the drone.

AAC

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hard to call it an invasion when the Crimea people have welcomed them and want to join Russia.

At this point, I would lean that Russia haven't downed a UAV until I see evidence. However the US did not admit that Iran downed a US UAV until Iran produced evidence. Infact IIRC they denied it for the first day or two.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Reinmax
Hard to call it an invasion when the Crimea people have welcomed them and want to join Russia.

At this point, I would lean that Russia haven't downed a UAV until I see evidence. However the US did not admit that Iran downed a US UAV until Iran produced evidence. Infact IIRC they denied it for the first day or two.

Except for the fact that Crimea was never independent from Ukraine.
Secondly its a violation of the Ukrainian Constitution.
Finally, its hardly a vote when the ballots are already filled out.

As for the drone... I am amazed Russia made the claim since it would go against their stated position that there are no Russian forces in Crimea. Not only that, Russia would be admitting of taking hostile action against a US Drone flying lawfully and with permission of the Ukrainian government inside Ukrainian airspace.

I find it interesting how no votes have even taken place and its already claimed by Russia. Talk about tipping your hand..

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Reinmax

As for the drone... I am amazed Russia made the claim since it would go against their stated position that there are no Russian forces in Crimea. Not only that, Russia would be admitting of taking hostile action against a US Drone flying lawfully and with permission of the Ukrainian government inside Ukrainian airspace.

I find it interesting how no votes have even taken place and its already claimed by Russia. Talk about tipping your hand..

This is unrelated...I just wanted to say that I lol'ed hard at your signature! hahaha! I just had a unfortunate run in with the infamous Victor7 in another thread.
edit on 16-3-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

rock427
This is unrelated...I just wanted to say that I lol'ed hard at your signature! hahaha! I just had a unfortunate run in with the infamous Victor7 in another thread.
edit on 16-3-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

While I don't really agree with Victor7 on, well, pretty much anything, I will give him an A when it comes to imagination and creativity.

His argument, as well as some from others in this thread / other threads, are quick to jump to the use of doomsday weapons. For some reason, their mindset ignores that fact that if a nuke is set off, the fallout can cross international borders.

All we need to do is look at fukushima as an example..
edit on 16-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

ausername

the2ofusr1
reply to post by samsamm9

Putin would probably supe the sucker up and have his boys land it in DC on orders from Obama to give it back .

Fly it in "cloaked" land it on the white house lawn, uncloak and have a Russian flag pop up, and then play the Russian national anthem through installed speakers in the wings (really loud).

edit on 14-3-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

If this happened I don't see how anyone could even be annoyed. I'd go further and have a Putin blow up doll inflate out of the top, and a little gun that fires out a bang flag lol

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Xcathdra
All we need to do is look at fukushima as an example..

Seriously ... that's lame to the extreme.

You are talking about "imagination", and then you utilize your own to the point of idiocy? ... it is evident, that your use of "fukushima" here, is that a fallout is going to cause giant mushrooms on antarktica. When in reality, the fukushima accident is more a proof of nuclear weapons can be safely used, than the opposite... despite all the big photos coming from california, of mushrooms growin in peoples heads.

But of course, you're an American and you want to keep the world in fear of your big willie ...

But, in reality ... the more you use depleted uranium, and the more fukushima and the more faked pictures of overgrown mushrooms appear on the net ...

The more it works in your disfavor ...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Wow.. Another person incapable of reading a post. Had you read it, you would have noticed I stated people jump to the conclusion of using nuclear weapons, specifically people stating time and again that Russia could nuke the US. The ignorance in their argument is the belief that the use of a nuclear weapon will only affect the area / country where the nuke was set off. They don't quite understand that fallout and radiation can and will cross international borders.

They also ignore the fact that Russia is not the only nation with nuclear weapons, and would equally be destroyed. Hence the concept called MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction.

As for Fukushima you apparently never bothered to research what it was I was talking about. Fukushima, a Japanese nuclear power generating station, suffered a meltdown in a few of their reactors when the cooling systems failed.

That radioactive release was not restricted to just the Island of Japan - FUKUSHIMA RADIATION SPREAD MAP OF PACIFIC OCEAN

The point behind me mentioning Fukushima was to demonstrate that a nuclear release can, will and has crossed international boundaries. The same thing occurred when Chernobyl had its meltdown. That cloud was detected in Europe, which is where the first signs of a nuclear accident started to become known. Since nuclear weapons put out a lot more that a reactor will, the resulting use would devastate the planet and not just the country where they exploded.

As for the imagination comment - That was in reference to Victor7, a poster who constantly spouts off about Russia and its nuclear weapons and them using them in every other disagreement with the west.

Maybe you should have not jumped on the typical I hate America / Attack the poster because you cant attack the facts group. The theme on this site is to Deny Ignorance - not embrace it. The ignorance you just demonstrated could have been avoided had you not let your hate for the west / US to cloud your judgment.

next time read AND comprehend the post.

But hey, hate on America all you want Ahab...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Xcathdra

The above is not incorrect but it's also not technically true.
I don't know if you're trying to prove your point this way or just simply don't understand complicated 'soviet era' politics.

The Autonomous Republic of Crimea is an autonomous parliamentary republic within Ukraine and is governed by the Constitution of Crimea in accordance with the laws of Ukraine.

Ask yourselves what does AUTONOMY means?
What is a Republic?
Think about different political structures than your own, you cannot compare it. I was born in a similar republic which became independent after a war but the name republic remained.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

OnionHead

ausername

the2ofusr1
reply to post by samsamm9

Putin would probably supe the sucker up and have his boys land it in DC on orders from Obama to give it back .

Fly it in "cloaked" land it on the white house lawn, uncloak and have a Russian flag pop up, and then play the Russian national anthem through installed speakers in the wings (really loud).

edit on 14-3-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

If this happened I don't see how anyone could even be annoyed. I'd go further and have a Putin blow up doll inflate out of the top, and a little gun that fires out a bang flag lol

We know the GOP wouldn't be annoyed...they l-o-v-e Putin and his balls. This would be fodder for FoxNews for decades. "Remember when our hero Putin landed his muscle drone on that pussy Obama's White House lawn?" Bwahaha.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Exitt
The above is not incorrect but it's also not technically true.
I don't know if you're trying to prove your point this way or just simply don't understand complicated 'soviet era' politics.
Since we are no longer in the soviet era, I don't see how it applies except to demonstrate a continued need for NATO and a Russian shift back to rebuilding the USSR, starting with the formerly occupied nations.

Exitt
The Autonomous Republic of Crimea is an autonomous parliamentary republic within Ukraine and is governed by the Constitution of Crimea in accordance with the laws of Ukraine.

Agreed

Exitt
Ask yourselves what does AUTONOMY means?

It does not mean independent. Autonomy is where a geographical region that is part of a nation state has special abilities to run their affairs in a specific manner - Which is spelled out in the Ukrainian Constitution. Any conflict between Crimean law and Ukrainian law falls to Ukrainian law.

Exitt
What is a Republic?

Its a form of government where citizens elect people to represent their interests on the national stage / world stage.

Exitt
Think about different political structures than your own, you cannot compare it. I was born in a similar republic which became independent after a war but the name republic remained.

I did not compare. I pointed out the fallacies Putin and some others throw out there.

If people think there is an overwhelming group of people in Ukraine that support Crimean independence, then use the Ukrainian constitution to achieve that goal and allow all Ukrainians to vote.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join