learn more

do you use fluoride toothpaste?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I would have preferred to post a poll, but that doesn't seem to be possible. sucks

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

No.

I use a toothpaste that contains neem. It's from a tree.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No...and for the most part I also avoid most undistilled water as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I do. I would like to find a good one without fluoride, but I have to admit I am brainwashed with decades of "fluoride is good it keeps your mouth nice and clean" advertisements and conditioning. I can't bring myself to switch to something without it because I don't want to sacrifice cleanliness and tooth/mouth care! I'm afraid to try something new. In the past I have brushed with baking soda and peroxide on occasion, but boy is that nasty tasting.

Edit to add: You didn't mention whether YOU use a toothpaste with fluoride or not!
edit on 14-3-2014 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No, I either use Tom's fluoride free, or I make my own. I use Reverse Osmosis water.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Fluoride in toothpaste has nothing to do with clean. I would say just the opposite since you are putting toxic waste in your mouth. Literally!

You can also put peppermint oil or other flavorings to add to your homemade toothpaste. I personally use cinnamon oil.
edit on 14-3-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

introspectionist

I would have preferred to post a poll, but that doesn't seem to be possible. sucks

Yep.

I'm going to write this sentence below the yep because I thought it was not good form to reply with just one word.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I know you are absolutely right here! Maybe I will try to work up the guts to try the unknown.

Note to the poster above: I googled neem toothpaste because I never heard of it. One of the reviews mentioned a garlic taste. Is that true?? I couldn't imagine brushing my teeth with anything other than minty fresh taste.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No. I stopped about five years ago. It was harder to find any fluoride free back then but recently it's in more stores.

I'm using Toms of Maine right now.

There are many do it yourself recipes online that include coconut oil, baking soda, honey, and even arrowroot powder. Many of these ingredients have anti bacterial properties and of course no fluoride.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

I don't like the taste of mint myself. I've seen it in other flavors including mint. You could try tom's that the other poster mentioned.

Neem tree

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

MojaveBurning

You didn't mention whether YOU use a toothpaste with fluoride or not!
I use a fluoride free toothpaste. But I don't like the taste very much. And it seems to me like almost everyone uses fluoride toothpaste so that makes me wonder if I'm just paranoid to use fluoride free toothpaste. Sometimes I brush my teeth with water only and that probably works fine. I have also noticed small bumps on my teeth which has made me wonder if that happened because I switched to fluoride free toothpaste.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I don't use any toothpaste.

en.wikipedia.org...

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I do, but all my feet are falling out and I cant rebrain anything anymore.

Close the _

WOW WINDOW GETS SMASHED...

Someone type _

w in d ow. without spaces. but with the dot.

man this floor ride is mad!!!!
edit on 14-3-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

Dear web admin, stop using regex improperly. thanks. lmao.
edit on 14-3-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No, I make my own toothpaste. I make the recipe at this site. I've been using it for a couple of months now and really like it.

www.foodrenegade.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

introspectionist
... it seems to me like almost everyone uses fluoride toothpaste so that makes me wonder if I'm just paranoid...

Yes, I've used fluoride toothpaste for my entire life and I'm as mistrustful of the government as anyone I know... granted I never swallowed or ate the toothpaste, I brush, rinse and spit out. The dentist thinks I take really good care of my teeth whenever I do decide on going.

I rarely go to the dentist(or doctor for that matter) but my teeth are in great health and I feel fine.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Me and my mom use Tom's of Maine fluoride free. My roommate and my father use fluoridated toothpaste

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

I thought it was just me? What do you suppose is causing the inability to type win dow

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
so whats the verdict all you non-flouridated people?
has it free'd your minds?
i dont have a problem with flouride aslong as i dont drink it, but i cant see why its a problem if it's in toothpaste,
unless you eat lots of toothpaste.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

If it's in your mouth it's absorbed that way.
The same with taking showers in fluoridated water.

I don't know if it's opened my mind but since I've been expanding my mind for years I'm sure it hasn't hurt avoiding it.
edit on 14-3-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If anyone likes the taste of black licorice then try Tom's of Maine - Propolis and Myrrh toothpaste. It's non flouride and if I knew it wouldn't harm me I would eat the stuff.

Antiplaque Propolis & Myrrh Toothpaste
edit on 14-3-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join