It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are UFO experts being murdered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

A crop circle researcher found floating in the sea and the rapid decline of a UFO expert who believed he had found an alien skull, are the latest in what some claim is a ‘pattern’ of suspicious deaths of UFO experts.

Are UFO experts being murdered?

Hello, lovely ATS people!

This news extract certainly seems interesting and appealing to our common interests in our little conspiracy parlour.

UFO enthusiast Steve Basset and Nick Redfern, author of the upcoming book "Close Encounters of the Fatal Kind", provide the basis to argue that a 'cluster' of very unusual deaths of people investigating the UFO phenomena, are evidence that the government or even aliens themselves are erasing tracks of their existence, by eliminating those intent on proving that they are here.

While approaching the so-called evidence with a healthy dose of skepticism, I believe their reasonings tying those -in appearance- isolated deaths together, provide a compelling argument to believe that there may be something more than mere coincidence, behind the elimination of so many people which hold increasingly solid evidence of the presence of aliens in our planet.

Nigel Watson, author of The Haynes UFO Investigations Manual, expands on the matter:

“Many of these cases could be coincidences or people trying to make something out of nothing - but there are certainly some strange incidents,” Watson says. “UFO researcher Philip Schneider’s became increasingly fearful for his personal safety; ‘government vans’ followed him and several attempts were made to run his car off the road. Eventually, his worst fears were confirmed in January 1996. A friend broke into his apartment in Willsonville, Oregon, where his dead body had been rotting for several days. At first, it was thought he had died from a stroke, and then an autopsy found that rubber tubing had been wrapped and knotted around his neck.”

The article at the link provides plenty of other examples of mysterious deaths that, taken together, kind of get you thinking.

What do you think, ATS?

As per usual requirements, I used the "search" function (which I know is not that good of a tool, but is what we have, so well...there it goes) and found no record of this article on ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting. I do know that people in the field have been threatened before. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they were killing off researchers who knew too much.

However, until there is a little more material on the matter, I don't think we can say anything for sure right now.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Since the late 1940s there have been 1000s of UFO researchers and enthusiasts. It doesn't make much of a case (for me) to highlight a rough dozen and then extrapolate from there that aliens and/or govt. spooks are 'murdering' them. The noisiest and most famous researchers died of old-age or age-related illnesses.

Are UFO researchers being murdered by Father Time?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Next it will be bankers who are ufo experts! Oh NO!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Vaedur

Next it will be bankers who are ufo experts! Oh NO!

I am a banker....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Kandinsky
The noisiest and most famous researchers died of old-age or age-related illnesses.

Bill Cooper was probably the noisiest researcher of them all and he was shot dead in his driveway..
Id bet the government was involved in that, and the guy in the OP as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't know who can be considered a "UFO Expert" these days when even people like Stanton Friedman are ridiculed because of their answers by people who are younger than his grandkids whoseem to feel they know more than he does. I also hesitate to lump crop circle "researchers" in with UFO folk. In any case, I would hope that whoever is claiming this is capable of some serious statistical study of these deaths to prove they are out of the normal variance of human deaths in a given population. We want to avoid conclusions such as some make about the "increase in gun violence!" when gun violence has gone down 39% in the last dozen years.

People die all the time. I just had a friend die at 56 of a heart attack. Way too young, but I'm suspecting maybe the NSA was NOT responsible.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Perhaps some of them are getting too close to the truth - that these "UFO's" are not actually aliens from another planet, but way above top secret black budget military aircraft designed with human intelligence and materials.
It makes it so much easier for the alphabet agencies when people believe they are seeing aliens.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The simularities beween the deaths of Captain Uranga Holanda (from Ufo Files - Brazil's Roswell) and Philip Schneider are eerily similar in that it does not seem plausible to be asphyxiated in such an odd manner
edit on 14-3-2014 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You can take Micheal Coppens(regular guest on "Ancient Aliens")off the list. He died of cancer in late December of 2013.

I think Philip Scheinder was killed in a botched home invasion/robbery than by nefarious means. Even though the poor man was tortured before he died. The late Mr. Scheinder was a geologist who kept a valuable rock specimen/collection that was estimated to be valued at several hundred thousands of dollars. It was left untouched by the assailants/robbers. Meaning that whoever killed Scheinder had no idea of the value of the rock collection and there was no sophistication in killers method of operation.
edit on 14-3-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Since when did a crop circle enthusiast pass as a UFO expert?

Simple fact is everyone dies..

edit on 14-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Part of the reason why some people speculate that UFO researchers may be targeted for termination, is because of the harrassment the more serious researchers experience. This isn't new, as far back as the 50's, Ufologist publications speculated that the rash of then current Ufologists deaths may not be "natural".

It is very easy for those who are not involved in this type of research to simply dismiss such claims, until people experience it in person. On the other hand it is also easy to extrapolate a very limited sample of deaths and then conclude that they have been targeted, unless an extenstive forensic investigation has been carried out to determine the cause of the deaths, and/or extenstive investigative work has been performed to determine if the person may have been targeted.

This is part of the reason why I no longer perform such research and I would not advocate others to do so, at least for time being. The UFO field is too "hot" right now for any reasearchers.
edit on 14-3-2014 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

schuyler
I don't know who can be considered a "UFO Expert" these days when even people like Stanton Friedman are ridiculed because of their answers by people who are younger than his grandkids whoseem to feel they know more than he does. I also hesitate to lump crop circle "researchers" in with UFO folk. In any case, I would hope that whoever is claiming this is capable of some serious statistical study of these deaths to prove they are out of the normal variance of human deaths in a given population. We want to avoid conclusions such as some make about the "increase in gun violence!" when gun violence has gone down 39% in the last dozen years.

People die all the time. I just had a friend die at 56 of a heart attack. Way too young, but I'm suspecting maybe the NSA was NOT responsible.
Do you think Stanton Friedman was ever threatened? He now lives in Canada and holds dual US/Canadian citizenship. Maybe Canada granted him asylum from US gov't harassment on the topic he investigates?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RossWellOldMexico

Do you think Stanton Friedman was ever threatened? He now lives in Canada and holds dual US/Canadian citizenship. Maybe Canada granted him asylum from US gov't harassment on the topic he investigates?

This is possible, other countries who don't have such a large responsibility for the well being of the world (like the U.S.), may have less incentive to oppress Ufologists. Though because of the power the U.S. weilds it can "influence" other countries to make life difficult for Ufologists in their countries.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

deloprator20000

This is possible, other countries who don't have such a large responsibility for the well being of the world (like the U.S.), may have less incentive to oppress Ufologists. Though because of the power the U.S. weilds it can "influence" other countries to make life difficult for Ufologists in their countries.

I haven't heard of any government harassment on other Canadian Ufologists like Grant Cameron, Paul Hellyer(who made the most wildest claim that aliens are working with the US gov't) and Chris Rutkowski. Maybe they aren't saying

Meanwhile a Manitoban ufo magazine stated that there were over 1200 ufo sighting in Canada, mostly those were reported in Ontario. Here's the kicker, there were 3 ETs spotted by witnesses. I'm trying to get confirmation on this story.
edit on 14-3-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: name correction

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here is a link to a list of people involved in UFOS and alien that died,if you are interested looking it over.www.metatech.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Perhaps they are not being murdered, but are dying from exposure to something left behind by UFOs.
Radiation of some kind, or something we have not yet discovered ourselves on the table of elements that is toxic to humans.

Just a passing thought.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I would take this termination concept more seriously if there had been more deaths of noteworthy UFO investigators. As the evidence stands there is not much of a case to be made for the extinguishing of the brightest minds in the field since 1947.

That is not to say that very specific eliminations have not happened. I remind myself of the untimely death of John Mack supposedly as he crossed a street in Ireland. His work about abductions is the largest, single factor of importance in our relationship with the UFO phenomena. If his scholarly work had been taken seriously in the mainstream, it would have caused holy terror across the whole field of ufology and the general public. But he was effectively eliminated by peer forces within his own profession (maybe with nudges from outside sources?). Had he lived, we can only wonder what his plans were because he believe in his work and wasn't out on the UFO circuits making a few bucks.

Now if we were talking about Iranian nuclear scientists, then perhaps there could be a practical argument to be made. But most UFO researchers of standing, are still standing after decades of doing their work. Why kill them? They preach to the choir and are largely ignored otherwise.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Not so much 'threatened,' but Phil Klass tried his darnedest to prevent Canada from accepting his citizenship application by sending contentious letters. They were uncovered via FOIA requests by UFO researchers.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Aliensun

I would take this termination concept more seriously if there had been more deaths of noteworthy UFO investigators. As the evidence stands there is not much of a case to be made for the extinguishing of the brightest minds in the field since 1947.

That is not to say that very specific eliminations have not happened. I remind myself of the untimely death of John Mack supposedly as he crossed a street in Ireland. His work about abductions is the largest, single factor of importance in our relationship with the UFO phenomena. If his scholarly work had been taken seriously in the mainstream, it would have caused holy terror across the whole field of ufology and the general public. But he was effectively eliminated by peer forces within his own profession (maybe with nudges from outside sources?). Had he lived, we can only wonder what his plans were because he believe in his work and wasn't out on the UFO circuits making a few bucks.

Now if we were talking about Iranian nuclear scientists, then perhaps there could be a practical argument to be made. But most UFO researchers of standing, are still standing after decades of doing their work. Why kill them? They preach to the choir and are largely ignored otherwise.
The death of John Mack seemed very suspicious to me. Didn't the driver who killed Mack also died in a car crash a couple of years ago. Same MO as the Kennedy witnesses that died under strange circumstances. I believe Mack was investigating an ufo encounter with several school children in South Africa that occurred in the early 90's.
edit on 16-3-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: added comment

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join