It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook CEO Calls President Obama Over Alleged NSA Snooping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

According to a Facebook post published to Zuckerberg’s page on March 13, the social media pioneer called President Obama the night before to express his concerns about the government’s activities. In the post, Zuckerberg stresses the need for a safe, secure Internet, promising that Facebook is committed to the same goal.

Am I the only one who thinks this might be complete BS? Facebook is committed to safe and secure internet???

A White House official confirmed that the president had spoken with Zuckerberg about “alleged activities by the U.S. intelligence community,” according to Reuters.

In the post, the Facebook CEO details some of Facebook’s efforts to preserve security, including HTTPS support, which allows for encrypted communication between a computer and a web server and was first made available in 2011. In late 2012, Facebook began to require HTTPS by default for all users. Facebook also offers an option for users to enable multifactor authentication.

I think Zuckerberg may be trying to save face here. Most people are starting to realize that facebook is probably used by the government.

Thoughts?

On March 12, Glenn Greenwald and Ryan Gallagher reported that the National Security Agency uses a technique in which it poses as a false Facebook server to infect users’ computers based on filed provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden in The Intercept. The man-in-the-middle attack, known as QUANTUMHAND, tricks a target user into logging into the server, at which point the NSA transmits malware disguised to appear as if Facebook had sent it. Once the malware is installed, the NSA is able to extract data from the machine’s hard drive.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
this sound like BS... facebook went to billaburg

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
bildaburger? i dont know how to spell...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Zuckerberg knows that all the junk thats been revealed about his connections to the NSA and his utter disregard of privacy (he said "our ideas of privacy are antiquated" or something along those lines himself) is bad for Business, so he`s certainly trying to save face here. Facebook has neither regard for privacy nor any proper customer service. Its sole purpose is to collect information and exploit it for advertising purposes and for the eyes of the NSA. He is using humans needs to stay connected and be noticed for his own ends.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eastcoastmomma

Bilderberg.

Anyway, I think Facebook has more than what meets the eyes. Why did a Rothschild fund a part of Facebook?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hah, what a joke, laughable at best.

He's part of the grid, he knows what he built and how it's basically NSA.

As you mentioned, it's a save face move.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Skyfloating
Zuckerberg knows that all the junk thats been revealed about his connections to the NSA and his utter disregard of privacy (he said "our ideas of privacy are antiquated" or something along those lines himself) is bad for Business, so he`s certainly trying to save face here. Facebook has neither regard for privacy nor any proper customer service. Its sole purpose is to collect information and exploit it for advertising purposes and for the eyes of the NSA. He is using humans needs to stay connected and be noticed for his own ends.

Bingo and, frankly, though I disagree with such information collection wholeheartedly (I'm very strong on the importance of privacy), I'd prefer it under at least the guise of national security over lining somebody's pocketbooks. One at least pretends or maybe has a good intention. The other is simply seeking profit.

Still not fond of either by a long shot so Zuckerberg's pleas are pretty disingenuous in my book.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
uhh what?

NSABook posted a post saying they are concerned about people willingly giving up every and all personal information and enough psychological data about a person to make a psychologist foam at the crotch?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Pot. Kettle. Black.

This is along the same lines as Kerry's statement about invading another country is so not 21st century. I find it amazing they have the stones to stand up there and say these things.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yes. and also, if you sprinkle a little fairy dust on your old 8-track player, it will turn into a tablet pc! The internet is and has ALWAYS had a "back door" available for the NSA as far back as I can remember first using it, in 1983. The NSA does information warfare. the internet is an information conduit. do the math. If i had to chose between trusting NSA or Facebook ? I'd have to choose NSA. They are transparent to me. Facebook? Don't have a Facebook page. After working with the NSA for 20 years, WHY WOULD I
Also, good evening dedicated professionals at NSA. Hope the taxpayer coffee and the taxpayer donuts are fresh! Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you. Next to the MIRV, the Space Bomber, and the US MARINE CORP, you are one of the most AWESOME weapon systems ever invented. I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work! and keep an eye on the you know who, just like we used to

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
his waking up as the people are leaving his "social website" it will be the next myspace.

the life invader page will dry up

top topics

join