It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Wand Etched with faces found near beheaded skeletons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I hope this is the right forum. Anyway, here goes. Archaelogists have unearthed an ancient wand with people's faces carved in it in Syria. The find was found near a grave site where people were buried without their heads; so it might have some type of ritualistic purpose. Anyway, this one's for you, ATS.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

headless skeletons
skull like icon

id say you were in the right place
sandf
ancestor worship with a spirit catcher imho

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Interesting, but "realistic faces" is not a term I would use to describe them. The writer of the article may want to brush up on word meanings or get some glasses.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's the real Elder wand!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
wow.. thats cool!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

chelsdh
It's the real Elder wand!

I read that earlier and it is bizarre the beheadings as well, let's just hope Moldymort isn't for real too, although I have always considered myself a squib who's never figured out how to use his powers without a wand...so GIMMI THAT!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It says that the deads were buried without their head. My theory is that maybe they were sentenced to decapitation, and the icon was placed there to watch over them. Ancient people used to believe that the soul was in the heart, thus this could explain why the "wand" was placed near the bodies and not the heads.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I guess I'm a squib as well, though I hate to admit it. Let me touch that wand...... I'd probably cause a real apocalypse!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

chelsdh

I guess I'm a squib as well, though I hate to admit it. Let me touch that wand...... I'd probably cause a real apocalypse!

No matter how much they might like it, never really polite to go around touching peoples wands without asking...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

To keep the heads with them as talismans of great power, was common in ancient times. Sometimes, they killed just to GET the heads to carry with them in battles and seige.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Very interesting.

At first sight the unskilled nature of the carvings suggests someone young or maybe someone with more time than ability? However if we think about the age of the object, it could be a snapshot of carved art during that period and region 9000 years ago.

People don't jump in and produce stuff like Rodin or Donatello without starting with the basics and learning from others. The same goes for humanity in general, the further back in time we go, the simpler art/Art gets.

S&F

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How do they know it's a "wand"?

And. say. not some sort of totem?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Good question indeed.

Doesn't look like a wand to me:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Looks like another case of pareidolia to me... (I didn't recognize either of them)
Otherwise - interesting find!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Halfswede
Interesting, but "realistic faces" is not a term I would use to describe them. The writer of the article may want to brush up on word meanings or get some glasses.

Thats what people looked like back then......

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I'll be sure to ask permission first

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Now that I think about it, wasn't there an Edgar Cayce prophecy about something that is to be found with an image of an evil woman on it, or something like that? Maybe this find could be that.

new topics

top topics

join