It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Krahzeef_Ukhar

To know that you know nothing is only the beginning of the path, in essence the start of your journey!

Also something to keep in mind, any answer or conclusion that you could possibly come to is subject to perspective, meaning one Man's truth is another Man's lie.

In the end it's all just shades of grey I imagine!

edit on 14-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

olaru12

Krahzeef_Ukhar

Live life under the assumption that everything you hold most dear is quite likely wrong.

That's the Answer?

Thank you! Thank you! I have been searching for the answer for so long; gurus, shrinks, spirit quests, est, Scientology, self mutilation, hypnotism, microbiotic diets and all sorts of other stuff and untold thousands of dollars spent....

An to think the answer was here on ATS in a thread and all my searching was in vane.

How can I ever thank you?

edit on 14-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Private message me and we can work out a payment scheme.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

And you know that your brain isn't playing tricks on you how? I'm not trying to be condescending here, I'm just saying that nothing is definite. It's a hard concept to grasp, but it makes sense if you think about it. Keep in mind, just because I say that nothing is definite, doesn't mean that it inherently doesn't exist. I'd say that probability of reality including yourself and others existing is quite high, but I would never say it is 100%.

I understand what you are saying but I also understand the paradox of your thoughts.

If you wonder if you have free will, you don't have it.
If you question your mind being real, it is not.
If you cant be definite, you have no definition or identity that you can own as yours.
The truth is over the net I cant be real to you and vice verse because we not in the same space time reality. But when I go play with my pets, that is real, objective and if anyone tries to tell me otherwise then I would ask them this, if you are not real then you are not real to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Questioning the existence of something doesn't automatically make it not so. Questioning the existence of something is a good thought exercise to boost your position. If you can doubt your own position and through the questioning come out stronger in your belief, then you are onto the correct answer. The key though, is you have to be honest and as non-bias as possible when you do this. The best way to go about doing that is by finding someone who disagrees with you, look at their arguments and try to construct an argument of your own that parallels that argument. If the argument falls apart, then it bolsters your claims. What I have learned through applying this method is that there are flaws in every argument that can make them false or untrue. Therefore the safest belief is to believe that nothing is absolutely true or false.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Answer
Yes?

I noticed you

edit on 14-3-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Therefore the safest belief is to believe that nothing is absolutely true or false.

Nothing more to add really.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I have a husband who's been trying to convince me that everything I think is wrong for over thirty years. He hasn't convinced me yet so no one else is going to at this point.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Answer

Well played sir. Well played.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Questioning the existence of something doesn't automatically make it not so. Questioning the existence of something is a good thought exercise to boost your position. If you can doubt your own position and through the questioning come out stronger in your belief, then you are onto the correct answer. The key though, is you have to be honest and as non-bias as possible when you do this. The best way to go about doing that is by finding someone who disagrees with you, look at their arguments and try to construct an argument of your own that parallels that argument. If the argument falls apart, then it bolsters your claims. What I have learned through applying this method is that there are flaws in every argument that can make them false or untrue. Therefore the safest belief is to believe that nothing is absolutely true or false.

Look, you and everyone is free to believe whatever they want. It makes no difference to me on the personal level.
I questioned these things until I realised it was a road to dehumanisation. I am honest too and I receive so much punishment and personal attacks for that. Can you explain this to me why being honest is such an offence?
Just because my level of awareness is what it is I am not allowed to speak my mind? I know what the system is, I know who the puppets are and I know people who are brainwashed very easy by the fact they cant answer direct question other than to deflect and distract.
Just about everyone disagrees with me most of the time but you know what, I can change polarity and feed of any energy without my nervous system going into a meltdown. I actually don't know that much but I can reduce anything to its simplest form of code and then work back up to provide a viable solution. I also know that truth comes in four base forms which extent to an infinite amount of possibilities. Truth is irrelevant, deception however is obvious.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus
Truth is irrelevant, deception however is obvious.

Once again leading back to the answer.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

Krazysh0t

Look, you and everyone is free to believe whatever they want. It makes no difference to me on the personal level.
I questioned these things until I realised it was a road to dehumanisation. I am honest too and I receive so much punishment and personal attacks for that. Can you explain this to me why being honest is such an offence?

Punishment and personal attacks? Where did I do either of those things? I'm just having a philosophical debate with you. You didn't offend me either with your world view, I'm just questioning its validity.

Just because my level of awareness is what it is I am not allowed to speak my mind? I know what the system is, I know who the puppets are and I know people who are brainwashed very easy by the fact they cant answer direct question other than to deflect and distract.

Fantastic, what is your reason for telling me this? Also who said that you weren't allowed to speak your mind?

Just about everyone disagrees with me most of the time but you know what, I can change polarity and feed of any energy without my nervous system going into a meltdown. I actually don't know that much but I can reduce anything to its simplest form of code and then work back up to provide a viable solution. I also know that truth comes in four base forms which extent to an infinite amount of possibilities. Truth is irrelevant, deception however is obvious.

Why does it matter if anyone disagrees with you? The truth isn't a popularity contest. You could be the only person in existence that knows the truth and everyone else may disagree with you, but it doesn't mean that what you know is any less true.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
Renee Descartes says that the only thing we can ever prove is that we exist, and even that, we can only prove to ourselves. So according to that assertion, my mind is the one and only absolute fact in the entire universe I have observed from the moment of my birth to this very moment. To question that fact is to question existence in itself. And that doesn't lead anywhere helpful or constructive - from my perspective, at least. If there is, in fact, such a perspective at all.

See what I'm saying?

edit on 14-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You say 'your mind' is the only fact in the universe that you have observed. With that logic - the universe is a figment/product of 'your mind'.
What is observing 'your mind'? Is it not 'that' which is observing that is the true fact?

Can 'that' which is observing be observed?
Can the seer be seen?
'That' which is seeing never appears to be seen.

The truth (answer) is hidden in plain sight (the act of seeing/observing/witnessing).
edit on 14-3-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Exactly, there is NOTHING we can be sure of.

This is quite a contradictory remark as well. How are you sure?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Punishment and personal attacks? Where did I do either of those things? I'm just having a philosophical debate with you. You didn't offend me either with your world view, I'm just questioning its validity.

You have never attacked me I want you to understand this. I like you, your my boi.
Don't take this personal, it was a generalised comment based on the treatment I have received from those who shall not be named

Fantastic, what is your reason for telling me this? Also who said that you weren't allowed to speak your mind?

I can say limited things without repercussions it seems, as long as I word it correctly to suit the agenda of well you know.
I tell you this because you asked and I know you can comprehend in your own way.

Why does it matter if anyone disagrees with you? The truth isn't a popularity contest. You could be the only person in existence that knows the truth and everyone else may disagree with you, but it doesn't mean that what you know is any less true.

It doesn't matter if people disagree with me however if they have nothing to offer then I like to probe harder. I am actually seeking specific people, minds that are not boxed in. I know its lame but I am extremely bored here. I could explain why but maybe you need to create a thread so that I don't go off topic and upset the order. Maybe I will create a thread too.
I know honesty and history from my own Akashik records. I am looking for a challenge personally. Immortal and all bro lol
You are a thinker, you cannot fail as far as I am concerned, but don't take my word for it, think about it. No pun intended there but still laughed in hindsight.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
According to my dog, who has no trouble finding me in the dark: i stink therefore i am,
and its a good thing too, because i have the keys to the magic snack box, and his snacks are in there.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The responses are only encouraging.

The answer stands.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Krahzeef_Ukhar

The answer stands.

Ok this is what you have said:
"Live life under the assumption that everything you hold most dear is quite likely wrong"

I say life is the only important thing in existence.

What do you say about this?

Now to bring up a point you have also said "likely wrong". This is undefined and means that this cannot be boiled down into anything easily agreed upon. What do you mean exactly by this claim, that someone can decide what is more or less likely but it wont be the individual? Or should the individual doubt their own judgement which means they fall back into the hands of the oppressors desires? I did not bother going into the assumption aspect...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

Life is not the only 'important thing' in existence - life is existence. Life is not 'in' existence.
Existence IS life.
Aliveness IS existence.

edit on 14-3-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

UltraverseMaximus

Life is not the only important thing in existence - life is existence. Life is not 'in' existence.
Existence IS life.
Aliveness IS.

Whatever Rene

We could play semantics until the cows come home but what is the point. Are you even going somewhere with this?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

Krahzeef_Ukhar

The answer stands.

Ok this is what you have said:
"Live life under the assumption that everything you hold most dear is quite likely wrong"

Now to bring up a point you have also said "likely wrong". This is undefined and means that this cannot be boiled down into anything easily agreed upon. What do you mean exactly by this claim, that someone can decide what is more or less likely but it wont be the individual? Or should the individual doubt their own judgement which means they fall back into the hands of the oppressors desires? I did not bother going into the assumption aspect...

I would agree. One in the same really.

The individual should always doubt their own judgement. If their judgement is to fall into their oppressors desires they should doubt that judgement also.

Their assumptions should also be doubted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join