It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five stabbed to death in latest Chinese knife attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Five stabbed to death in latest Chinese knife attack

Five people were stabbed to death Friday morning at a market in the capital of Hunan Province in central China. Local media report that several Uighur “naan peddlers” suddenly went on a knifing rampage after a disagreement among food stall owners escalated into violence.

Police shot dead one of the knife-wielding assailants and arrested another, the AP reports.

The killings recalled a Chinese massacre from earlier this month when 29 people were knifed to death — and another 140 injured — at a train station in southern China. Authorities quickly pinned the “terrorist attack” on “Xinjiang separatist forces.” Xinjiang is a far northwestern province of China populated by the predominantly Muslim Uighur ethnic group.

Knives don't kill People, People kill People..

First off, My heart goes out to those killed and to the surviving families and loved ones.

Wonders how many would be alive and unharmed if the victims or some bystander had a concealed Carry Permit.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Again just another sad example of where violence is intended it will be committed no matter what the tool use in the crime. All the laws in the world will never stop a determined person from acting out aggression or seeking vengeance weather right or wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And these terrible instruments of death lurk in every home!

Don't even get me started on fingers, some people have as many as ten!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

greencmp

And these terrible instruments of death lurk in every home!

Don't even get me started on fingers, some people have as many as ten!

Rupert Murdoch said that America and China should have a "common cause"..well now they have..domestic terrorism.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is a Ghost Knife it can stab people at over 600 times a second.
it has unlimited ammo and is concealable and can be used for mass murder by terrorists.
We should pass laws!
No more knives, period. Sliced bread be damned. Why wont anyone think of the children?
We should make murder illegal while were at it too. Oh wait.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

edit on 14-3-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Wonders how many would be alive and unharmed if the victims or some bystander had a concealed Carry Permit.

I wonder how many people would be alive and unharmed if people simply didnt just kill one another. You sound like a crooked politician hijacking a tragedy to further your own politicised agenda. Pretty bad taste. China has never had a history of gun ownership enshrined into there society like that of America, how can you even think that would in anyway be a meaningful solution?. Pure arrogance.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

I think those who judge others are pretty arrogant themselves, but that's the topic for another thread. So, you think that if some bystander or the victims were armed this still would have happened?
edit on 14-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is where I see the USA headed and all countries. The reason I see everyone going this way is because every country is getting larger. In China a lot of mass school stabbings have happened. As countries get larger and more and more people are packed in to smaller spaces. Hostility will arise. This is called in the scientific world 'Behavioral sink'.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ethologist John B. Calhoun coined the term "behavioral sink" to describe the collapse in behavior which resulted from overcrowding.

It is a very real phenomenon and it's coming to a city near you. Some day. I mean they have a ridiculous amount of people crammed into closets in China. Behavioral sink is why this guy stabbed multiple people, it's why they had the school stabbings.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I bet it was one of those black assault knives with the folding stock, pistol grip and high capacity magazines on it... They should really ban those before anyone else gets hurt...

This would have never happened with a regular knife that was just intended for hunting...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

Yep only a select few get to handle a firearm over there and that works out just dandy doesn't it. It's a lose lose situation when the people controlling the people are the ones with the guns. I gotta laugh because "THEY" will never give up theirs....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

How about this, what if one of the bystanders was an eleven foot robot from mars that could leap buildings with the powers of dreams?

How much violence do you think would happen then?, I think violence -500, thats right, MINUS 500 thats how much violence.

I further propose that koi carp should be kept in saucepans in every street corner in china, as we all know, much like conceal carry permits for firearms, koi carp kept in saucepans stops violence.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

I don't think we have to insult each other and if we did live in a world where people would not kill each other...by all means no guns. Many will disagree with that statement but that's fine.

The facts are that people will kill and continue to kill and so it is reasonable that citizens who cannot rely on the police defend themselves. Let's not rip each other apart..

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm curious as to how an event in China so quickly turned into an discussion about worldwide gun laws.

Oh wait, this is ATS. No, I'm not.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Last I checked ATS is on the World Wide Web. You wouldn't be advocating some form of censorship?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Where did I advocate censorship, or are you telling me I'm not allowed to ask the question and are in favour of censoring me asking it?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Bellor
How about this, what if one of the bystanders was an eleven foot robot from mars that could leap buildings with the powers of dreams?

That would be cool.

How much violence do you think would happen then?, I think violence -500, thats right, MINUS 500 thats how much violence.

Interesting, yet, you seem more preoccupied with fanciful imaginings than address the question posted nor denouncing how the people in the article were killed. Case in point...

I further propose that koi carp should be kept in saucepans in every street corner in china, as we all know, much like conceal carry permits for firearms, koi carp kept in saucepans stops violence.

I dunno about koi carp in a saucepan stopping violence but it's making me hungry...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

So we are agreed!

Koi carp for everyone!

Hoorah!

I am glad we cleared that up so we can move onto how 17 and a half pelican feathers worn on the second day of every half moon during a leap year can in fact stop bad things from happening. I dont know about you, but personaly the thought of wearing ostrich is just TOO OUTRAGEOUS!!.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

SLAYER69
I dunno about koi carp in a saucepan stopping violence but it's making me hungry...

Ugh... Koi are carp, and there's only a couple of ways to prepare carp...

Carp recipes are common. Ron Brooks reminded mo how to cook roasted planked carp. Scale and gut a carp. Nail it to a plank. Roast over an open fire until the meat flakes. Throw away the carp and eat the plank. Onions and bell pepper may be added. There is also a recipe for baked carp. Scale and gut the carp and split into two halves. Place a brick between the two halves, cover with bell pepper, onion and salt and wrap in tin foil Bake in an oven for three hours. Unwrap carefully, throw away the carp and eat the brick. It will be better than the carp. Also works with a shingle or, if camping, a river rock.

fishing.about.com...

Bon appetit!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
An armed society is a polite society.

People cause harm to others because they know they can do so with impunity in most cases. Most cowardly killers wouldn't lift a finger towards someone if they knew that they might get hurt themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join