It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone give me some answers...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
So I've mentioned this once before and I would like to have some feedback on this. This incident happened when I was around 17-18 years of age (I am now 28) so approximately 10 years ago. Even though the incident happened around 10 years ago, it is still fresh in my mind. And recently as I have had lots of time on my hands due to being made jobless it has been picking at me as to what this thing actually was.

I had been practising meditation as a way to relax, as at that age I had a lot of angst. One day after a pretty stressful week I’d decided to cancel going out with friends and stay in and chill out. I'd been watching television and thought I would try some meditation to calm down. I laid on my bed and went through the motions, controlling my breathing, relaxing my muscles and focusing inward etc. After about half hour of this I was perfectly relaxed and just laying there. It was very peaceful and I was aware I was awake. I knew I was not sleeping but in a deep state of relaxation. Suddenly, I started to feel a tightness in my chest which I was familiar with as I used to suffer from anxiety. However unlike my usual feelings of anxiety, I had a feeling that I urgently needed to open my eyes straight away.

My eyes shot open and I seen possibly the most frightening thing I will ever see in my life. Right in front of me about two feet away was a floating face, however this face was twisted and contorted, it's eyes were franticly looking around at my body. It didn't have skin and there was no skull, it was just a face that was horribly twisted and contorted. It was Two Dimensional, had two eyes, a horrible nose and a dark purple mouth that all sat amongst a swirled purple and black shape that contained its substance. As soon as this things eyes looked at my face, it made eye contact with me (which was around two seconds after I opened my eyes) and it realised that I was aware of it. It let out a ear-piercing scream, looked startled/scared and within a few seconds had dissolved into thin air. I say dissolved rather than vanished because it slowly faded into thin air right before my eyes bit by bit and reminded me of a solid dissolving into a liquid but at a much faster rate. The scream it let out remained the entire time it was fading away and as it finally faded away so did the scream. I got up, looked around my room and was not sure what to do. I was so scared I couldn't scream out for help I just sat there shocked at what had happened.

To this day, I have some ideas of what this could have been. I know for sure that this was not a dream or a waking dream as I was not sleeping. Part of me wants to believe it was something paranormal as other strange events had happened prior to this, and I had been delving into the world of the paranormal. However, at the same time I have conflicting thoughts and worry that this could have been some sort of mental issue due to my angst in those teenage years. If anyone has had a similar experience to this or if some enlightened person/persons could give some insight as to what this might have been It would be very much appreciated as it is bothering me.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerf

Maybe it was a positive experience - in meditating and focusing on the trauma in your muscles the face/scream could have been an outward representation of the decision pattern in those muscles dissipating and being "sent away". Did you feel better after the incident, or did it scare you away from continuing to practice meditation and other forms of pattern-breaking?
edit on 14-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hi there, thank you for your reply. In all honesty, it scared me and to this day I don't really practice meditating as a way of relaxing just in case I see this thing again!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerf

It may be gone, if it screamed when you were able to discern it. The way you describe it acting it sure is going to avoid you from now on. The way out is the way in, as some mystics write on bathroom walls. And if you ever do meditate again you can observe the part of you that will be in fear as it expects the "thing" to come back, and by just noticing it the fear will dissipate. Then again, just by asking about your experience, maybe you are now ready to understand it. My seeing-something like this after or with eyes-closed experience happened when I was maybe five or six, and I just remember screaming and running into my parents room for safety. Never happened again though.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerf

Could it be that when trying your meditation you triggered your penial gland ,and it was producing a hallucination ? When listening to stories about peoples experience with certain hallucinogenic chemicals and considering our dream manifestations ,it could be something to that effect .IMO You may want to study in that direction and consider that possibility ....peace edit to remove a no no acronym lol

edit on 14-3-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerf

I suffered with visitations from a visitor when I was 19 that always wore a dark hood and black cloak for about 2 years. I would hear a high pitch buzzing sound in my head for about 30 sec then open my eyes and there it was. Wind howling through my room, papers everywhere and the most horrid feeling of fear and negativity while I was awake and it would stand at the foot of my bed. The first time this happened, I thought I would have a heart attack...it really upset me and I didn't tell anyone.

I wasn't meditating at that time but I do now, many years later, and I have always had pleasurable experiences while meditating but I always ask for protection from 'the good' spirits/entities around me. It's a shame if this one experience has put you off meditation...it's a wonderful thing IMO

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If you do get a very high level third eye activation and an increased flow then you might see things you do not understand and fear since it is unknown to you. Some people go thru a fear amygdala overload that is an activation of fear on a level that is impossible for the human body to be at so the body have to change/evolve how it acts on fear from that point on. After this the calmness comes that is exactly like the calmness that people get from meditation.

I am not saying this so you should seek out an overload because it is not pleasant. I tell you this so that you know what it is if you happen to experience it. If you go slowly towards higher activation of light/ki flow and learn control then there is no need for fear of anything.

Also make sure you have no bad expectations on what you are going to experience. If you go with a fearless attitude that nothing will be able to harm you and that you are safe then nothing will be able to harm you. If you see things like what you experienced just turn of the fear reaction and really study the being like a scientist study a piece of rock.

This is a quote from Dune. A sci fi book that describes reality from a higher level psychics perspective.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fears path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain.

edit on 14-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Chances are about 95% you were dreaming even though you thought you were awake.

One morning while I was in high school I got up , got dressed , ate breakfast and went to the front door to head for my bus only to hear my Mom call me to get up before I was late for school. It was that real but I dreamed the whole thing. I remember thinking oh my God that was so real I thought I was up getting ready for school.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerf

It could've been an hallucination. Or an evil spirit caught unawares by you. Are you a Christian, by the way? All of God's elect who slide back and forth between good and evil (world) are basically attacked on a subconsious level in my opinion. But the evil spirits are allowed to go to and fro in the earth. They mainly attack God's elect since they have everybody else who isn't. If you aren't a true believer and have family who are, they would probably try to mess with you just to get you to be negative around your family. On a consious level you can't see them but some can feel them. Feel free to comment back.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tobe2

I am not a christian. I never was christened however I do believe in some sort of creator / higher diety. Both my parents were christened but never practiced religion in their adult life. I had the thought that it may have been some sort of entity that had latched onto me somehow. As I was going through a very negative anxiety filled time I always thought it was feeding off the negative energy I was giving off.

Autumnwitch, I really don't believe that this was a dream. I've had dreams like you mentioned however when you have to get up for work/school and you think your dressed etc ready to go only to realise you are still sleeping. This was very different. There was no waking sensation and no realisation that I had been sleeping. Thank you for your input though

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So apparently you were so deep in meditation you found an other dimentional creature. Lucky

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Negative (angry) feelings we keep inside ourselves will definitely attract negative spirits/entities that feed off that negativity.

IMO, I think as you relaxed, your mind went into a state that allowed you to see this thing that was looking at your body like a scrupulous meal (feeding on the negativity). We aren't supposed to be able to see them, so when it realized you saw it, you must have scared it as much as it did you!
Humans have more power than any other entity out there because we come from God, so we all have that "God spark" inside us.
The eyes are the mirror to the soul, so when it looked into your eyes, the spark of God it saw inside you caused it to "melt". You actually overpowered it without realizing it.

That's my theory.

I wouldn't let this prevent me from meditating. Meditation is a good thing!!

If you continue to see scary things like this, then I'd suggest you work on you anger, or any other negative issues you have that need to be cleared up before proceeding.

edit on 3/15/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nerf

have you stopped to think that perhaps your seeing this thing was a way of deterring you from meditating? Think of all the benefits people report from meditating, decreased stress, clearer thoughts, increased self-awareness. What better way to distract someone from perhaps gaining insight and clarity into the nature of their existence and being, than to frighten them. You report having had paranormal experiences prior to this frightening one, perhaps you were beginning to open up on some level psychically, or in consciousness and have now been frightened and distracted from going farther by this experience. Humans are more than flesh and bone and there is more to this "reality" than meets the physical eyes. Einstein, Tesla and other many great minds in history, held human intuition in high regard, do you think it is an accident that they did so? The age of self awareness and personal responsibility for our awareness of the "Truth" is here. No longer can the history books, media or any entity outside of ourselves be relied upon to give us the "Truth" of any situation including our own nature.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nerf

Was the face an outline in white? Do you understand what I mean? Like you take a pen and draw a face.... not colored in ... just a face with eyes, nose, forehead, maybe some hair?

Would you try this and get with me.

Every night when you go to bed, turn off all the lights. Make sure the bedroom is in total darkness. NOW stay awake and stare at the ceiling and wait. Try not to sleep. If you get scared that is OK.

Do you see anything? It could take an hour or longer.

Faces floating by.... various ones......male and female?

new topics

top topics

join