It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New! 3-13-14 Buzz Aldrin Talks Aliens, Mars, and Strange Phobos Monolith

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I can remember Buzz promoting the 'monolith.'

'When people find out about that they are going to say, "Who put that there? Who put that there?" Well the universe put it there, or if you choose God put it there.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ye gads! The Daily Mail covered it (2009)

I can also recall him saying somewhere that he'd highlighted the 'monolith' to encourage people's interest in space exploration and maybe attract investment. He doesn't and didn't make any personal claims as to what the 'monolith' was or is.

Furthermore, he's never really been a proponent of UFOs or ideas of visiting aliens. When he speaks of those subjects it's an outcome of direct questioning or he's looking to promote something like exploration or TV series. The man's a scientist and believes we should be exploring our local space. If he needs to talk it up by adding razzle-dazzle and mystery structures...so be it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Whats does he mean by 'I'm not sure the Great Beyond awaits me..'

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

He mentions that 'my life is nearly over...in the philosophical sense,' so the comment (14:43) probably relates to the unavoidable fact that he's never going to go into space again at his age.

Likewise, we're decades away from manned missions to the 'Great beyond' and there's probably not a single ATSers who'll be alive to see us go further than Mars.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

He's 84, so he probably is saying it literally. I would urge everyone who loves space and has the interest to at least call him up, talk to him, or attend one of his presentations. He and Armstrong were the first humans to walk on the moon, and if you have any sense of history, touchstone with Aldrin. It will be something to tell your children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join