It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian doctor makes anti-Obamacare senator look like a buffoon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

generik
reply to post by junglimogli

i don't know which i find more amazing. that people actually had time on their parking voucher, my experience has been it takes many hours to be seen in emergency even for "life threatening issues". or the fact you were not old to go find a "walk in clinic"as "emergency" is only for "life and death" issues. or even that the hospital had an "open" emergency room to begin with.

I mentioned it was a daily pass .. valid for the whole day ..
Yes, emergency takes a while whether in USA or Canada, but once you're done, you don't need that pass any more ..it's still valid for the rest of the day ..
I personally didn't have to wait too long ..

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

yeah, yeah. heard it before.
that's the first thing people that are liberals or those on the left, yell when a report comes out against there stance,
see my post a couple above your above yours.

edit on 14-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

yeah, yeah. heard it before.
that's the first thing people that are liberals or those on the left, yell when a report comes out against there stance,
see my post a couple above your above yours.

I don't need to. All I need to see is that you are lecturing me on Canadian health care based upon your politics, and I am ignoring it based upon my experience.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Medical treatment should not be a cost burdened to the Govt, or the people as a whole.

Medical treatment, just like the ability to purchase a vehicle, pants, chewing gum or what ever is the responsibility of the individual.

Why people push forward for not only the Govt, which can't even get a simple website right, to take over Health Care, but to alongside have their neighbor pay for said care is beyond me.

You Canadians are really nice and all, but you can keep your single payer Govt controlled crap. Along with your restrictive firearm laws, Boxing Day and gravy on fries.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

I shall piss in your cookie mix next time you go to bake. You go ahead and eat those cookies, because after all, it is just a little bit of my urine in the wonderfulness that is cookies.

Yeah, 0bama has done a couple things correctly, like..........................................................................Give me a day or so and I will find it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by Unity_99

Medical treatment should not be a cost burdened to the Govt, or the people as a whole.

Medical treatment, just like the ability to purchase a vehicle, pants, chewing gum or what ever is the responsibility of the individual.

Why people push forward for not only the Govt, which can't even get a simple website right, to take over Health Care, but to alongside have their neighbor pay for said care is beyond me.

You Canadians are really nice and all, but you can keep your single payer Govt controlled crap. Along with your restrictive firearm laws, Boxing Day and gravy on fries.

???? You're against a free day off work?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck

How about dropping your politics for a while, and taking care of your fellow Americans for a change?

Why???? The Govt has taken over the compassion for people. We just need to blindly handover a large portion of our income to do so.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

buster2010

Hate to break this to you but the ACA was dreamed up by the right wing Heritage Foundation and it was a Republican by the name of Mitt Romney that used it first.

This same tired crap again???

Who oh who turned it into Federal Law and implemented it?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

macman

You wanna sell me on your commitment against all-things Canadian, you'd better add beer to your rant.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

There is nothing free.

I guess I should just kick back and let me neighbor pay for said day off.

I personally don't need nor want my neighbor to pay my way in life.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
this is NOT about politics, or healthcare imho, its about money and implementing control.
the stazi and nkvd advisers hired to help set up homeland security don't miss a trick

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck

You wanna sell me on your commitment against all-things Canadian, you'd better add beer to your rant.

Who said I was against it??

You guys have it, it is fantastic for you. That is lovely. Please, keep it above the border.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am not a supporter of Obama care completely, I am a supporter of a single payer like Canada only based on the reality of a humanitarian based system saving lives and offering basic care to ALL.

It will not be perfect, I understand that, but you won’t like in the US, have human beings dying for lack of health care, and many getting sick because of it.

It’s that simple. A philosophy of a humane system for human beings, not a capitalistic, dog eat dog one like America.

It’s about doing the basics for the humanitarian, moral and ethical treatment of ALL human beings.

Then and only then do we have a chance to evolve to a system as perfect as we can devise.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Back in the day people came to America to live the dream to be more free then their country of origin, for better options but the dream has been lost to the cry babies that want to live how other countries live, my suggestion is if people like the way things work in other countries then please move their instead of forcing us Americans that still want a choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

macman

AngryCymraeg

There is nothing free.

I guess I should just kick back and let me neighbor pay for said day off.

I personally don't need nor want my neighbor to pay my way in life.

Then you're not particularly sensible and are cutting off your nose to spite your face. If your neighbour's house catches fire what are you going to do - lend him your hose or give him a lecture on self-reliance? And you seriously are turning down a bank holiday on the day after Christmas Day????

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

WatchingFromtheShadows
While I consider myself to be anti-Obamacare, whaat people need to understand is that being against the current Obamacare implementation doesn't mean that we all believe the GOP claims either. For some of us, the coverage just isn't worth the money.

Coverage under Obamacare for myself and my spouse would run approx $850 a mo ($10,200 a yr), and require a $10,000 a year deductible. That's insane.

In our case, we would pay $10,000 a year just for the privilege to be covered, then would have to pay the first $10k out of pocket to meet the ANNUAL deductible before we even see any benefit. That's over $20,000! In my 50 years on this earh, I've never accumulated near that amount in medical related expenses, including the costs of having two kids. To expect me to hand that over every year is beyond highway robbery. If a person were to instead put $20k a year into an unlimited, tax-free health savings account, over the course of my 50 year working career I'd have put away over $1 mil to be used for my health needs, not including accrued intrest. How can anyone say that short of a catastrophic injury or illness, giving money to an insurance company is a better deal?

Keep your insurance. I'll invest mine as I see fit.

I don't believe you, nor should anyone else....shows us this plan, if it's true....it's pretty simple to do a screen capture....or we can simply call and find out by phone or go online ourselves, if you would give us the name or the identifiable plan number....did you shop for a cheaper plan? did you call and see if you could do better?....what is your income?....$10,000 a year deductible for what?...a specific surgery?....plastic surgery?...catastrophic illness?....everything, or just some things?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Willtell

Typical GOP distortion to hide the ugly truth that America is the ONLY modern country in the world that doesn’t provide health care for ALL of its citizens.

And it still doesn't. It forces them to buy it (provide for themselves). I wish we had the system they have in Canada here, but we don't.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

jimmyx

I don't believe you, nor should anyone else....shows us this plan, if it's true....it's pretty simple to do a screen capture....or we can simply call and find out by phone or go online ourselves, if you would give us the name or the identifiable plan number....did you shop for a cheaper plan? did you call and see if you could do better?....what is your income?....$10,000 a year deductible for what?...a specific surgery?....plastic surgery?...catastrophic illness?....everything, or just some things?

I have the cheapest Kaiser plan possible for a family of 3 without government credits. My employer offers what is labeled as "affordable healthcare" at 550/month. My personal plan is currently 450/month.

450 x 12 = 5,400.00 in monthly payments.

I have a 7000.00 out of pocket deductible for anything major, which was the only way I could get the cheapest policy.

If nothing major happened, the 5400.00 (same money I am being forced to pay whether or not something happens) would cover it if I were uninsured. If something major happens I have to spend 12,400.00 to get the rest covered (41.3% of my yearly income).

I make 30,000/year family of 3 (too much for government medicare; too little to afford Obamacare).

God Bless,
edit on 14-3-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

buster2010

hounddoghowlie

poet1b
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Your source is a conservative right wing think tank.

You can get better information from the typical gossip mag.

Obama care is as bad as republicans could make it.

so says a obumacare supporter.
ever notice that when someone that's a liberal or dummiecrat doesn't like someone or they disagree with them, they called them rightwing, and start making it pooh pooh on their source, even when the source have a world wide following or ranking.

and the dummiecrats didn't need the republicans help in making a bad law. obauma, his cronies and the insurance compines did that all on their own.

Hate to break this to you but the ACA was dreamed up by the right wing Heritage Foundation and it was a Republican by the name of Mitt Romney that used it first.

me and you done had this conversation, and as you see it was dummiecrats that pushed it through, just like the nafta and ggat talk we had.

Republicans pushed the ACA for years after it was dreamed up and it was Reagan and Bush that signed NAFTA. Your memory needs work.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

macman

buster2010

This same tired crap again???

Who oh who turned it into Federal Law and implemented it?

It was the Dems that did pass it into law but the fact remains it was dreamed up by the right wing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join