It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian doctor makes anti-Obamacare senator look like a buffoon

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bluesilver

Did you read the stories provided???? Me thinks not.

The links provided us UK based info/stories and so on.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I didn't say it. I provided you web sources that refuted your statement that EVERYONE is happy with your system.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

masqua

Whoa, silver. You're completely misreading things as to where my opinion lies. I'm not standing up for the fellow from Washington DC, who is with the Cato Institute.

They're a 'free market think tank who would really hate the Canadian Health Care system (which I adore).

Hi masque, sorry, think wires got crossed

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

macman

I didn't say it. I provided you web sources that refuted your statement that EVERYONE is happy with your system.

Ok, based on the figures you supply with that poll, something like 0.000000001% are unhappy with the system.

That only makes far more than 99.9% that are happy then.

Great argument.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Back on the polling thing???

I thought you already dismissed it and we had moved on to actual articles provided.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

macman

I thought you already dismissed it and we had moved on to actual articles provided.

FFS....

Anyone else want to jump in...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

bluesilver

macman

FFS....

Anyone else want to jump in...

Now why on earth would www.ffs.com need to get involved with this??????
edit on 25-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Macman, I see your posts, you are never at a loss for words. Now you sound like my ancient father in-law, a 90 yr old staunch conservative. Even at his age, he can't help but goad me into a political debate and then pretend surprised at my ideas.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

MOMof3

Macman, I see your posts, you are never at a loss for words.

With so much wrong in the world, someone needs to chime in.

MOMof3
Now you sound like my ancient father in-law, a 90 yr old staunch conservative.

Compliments will get you no where.

MOMof3
Even at his age, he can't help but goad me into a political debate and then pretend surprised at my ideas.

I'm not surprised by the ideals of Progressives. There really are 4 rules to follow.
1) It is always different for you/Progressives
2) You cloak your fear of life with "do goodness"
3) You/Progressives always seek to control others
4) It is for the (Insert what ever group is the flavor of the month like Children, Homeless, etc..)
edit on 26-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Macman, just out of curiosity, I see you sling around the term "Progressive" as if it had a blade on the end. Heck, you have even called me one for disagreeing about something (cant even remember what).

What do you hope to accomplish with this type of generalization, followed by immediate contrarianism?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Serdgiam

What do you hope to accomplish with this type of generalization, followed by immediate contrarianism?

Calling a spade a spade really.
That is all.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That doesnt answer the question at all, but thats ok.

Carry on..

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

It sure does. I call it like I see it.

Sounds like you just don't like my answer.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

macman

It sure does. I call it like I see it.

Sounds like you just don't like my answer.

I was asking you why you were "calling it like you see it" or "calling a spade a spade." You know, the purpose behind your actions. What you are hoping to accomplish with your actions, the goals of your efforts, etc. etc.

The question isnt asked so I can simply like or dislike whatever you have to say, I dont approach things that way. It was a point of curiosity.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Why do I do it???? Because I don't hide behind Political Correctness. Nor do I not call people out on BS.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Political Correctness and BS are both vague terms... they vary in the minds of each individual person as well as in differing cultures (like Canada and America).

The topic is Health Care and the disparate 'take' on the subject which exists between Americans and Canadians. You know where I stand on the Canadian system and I know where you stand on the Canadian system and we came to those conclusions through healthy (pun intended) debate.

Tossing around loose terms like spades being spades, BS and PC achieves nothing, imho.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

masqua
reply to post by macman

Political Correctness and BS are both vague terms... they vary in the minds of each individual person as well as in differing cultures (like Canada and America).

The topic is Health Care and the disparate 'take' on the subject which exists between Americans and Canadians. You know where I stand on the Canadian system and I know where you stand on the Canadian system and we came to those conclusions through healthy (pun intended) debate.

Tossing around loose terms like spades being spades, BS and PC achieves nothing, imho.

And I don't exactly recall addressing you about that.

If you don't like it, the door is just to the left.

I addressed a direct question.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Attention ...

Please focus further responses on the Topic at hand

Canadian doctor makes anti-Obamacare senator look like a buffoon

THANK YOU

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I live in a city that has a very large population of American citizens. Ted Cruz was born here, (Sorry Ted, no Presidency of the US for you.) There are literally tens of thousands of Americans living and working here. Numbers range from 40,000 to much higher. In a city of just over one million people it is significant and we meet them in bars, restaurants, school functions. They are a very welcome aspect of our city.

Since this topic started I have had a chance to ask them what they think, what their feelings are on the two different systems since they are in the best position to provide an opinion that comes from actual experience of both systems.

The wide consensus - by far - is that our system is a god-send. For the kids of families that I know that have kids who were born here, they are very thankful that their kids have rights to access our system. The only problems have been with wait times for bad backs, bad knees and a couple of people went back to Texas to get an MRI faster than they would here.

Things like eye glasses, dental care and prescription coverage are pretty much exactly the same here as in America. We rely on Health Insurance for those things in Canada as well.

So the opinions of the one or two particular contributors to this thread that have a great deal to say about the two systems are most certainly welcome to their opinion, but it is the opinion of one person. And not a person with a family who has used both systems and has had a chance to compare them.

The support and appreciation for the Canadian Health Care System by Americans living in Canada is very favourable.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

macman

Why do I do it???? Because I don't hide behind Political Correctness. Nor do I not call people out on BS.

Those are things I can respect, to an extent. However, I am still left wondering what exactly you are trying to accomplish. Maybe it is something you havent considered?

This is a thread about a direct comparison between the two health-care systems. It also seems that the Senator in this story could say the exact same things that you have about what he said.

But, I am left wondering; What is the purpose behind such reasoning? If it is as simple as you say, then we have some very, very serious problems on our hands in America. If we would rather see ourselves "calling a spade a spade" than looking to improve on current systems... who is left to actually talk about these things? We will just spend our time bickering over opinion, justifying it all along with the Us vs. Them paradigm that is programmed into us.

I think we can improve on these systems, and I absolutely do not believe we are the pinnacle of human evolution. I do not think that the ACA is a good answer, nor do I feel that a direct copy of other health care systems will work as effectively here.

But thats the thing, why waste time simply criticizing instead of working towards something better? It is the exact same thing the Senator did in the video, and something that our government does on a daily basis (criticism rather than working towards a goal).

In light of this, what do you feel is the purpose of government (this might be a tough one), and do you feel that purpose has changed from the founding of this country to now? What do you think the ideal function of a government is, and why do you feel health care is not workable in an "ideal" setting? Many feel that the government should accomplish specific goals, and enable people to be self-sufficient and independent. Others (maybe yourself?) feel that it is Us vs. Them ALL of the time, and the government isnt something to be fixed, but abolished. But then, what will we replace it with?

My issue, currently, is that we are simply throwing money at problems. Run out? Well, lets just make the middle class take a little hit! I think its destructive.. We are so busy telling everyone how they are wrong to see the mistakes we are making ourselves. By just throwing money at problems, it never actually solves them. It just allows a bed for corruption and misuse of our tax money.

We are simply putting band aids on gushing wounds, because we gotta make back something on all those boxes of Band-Aid brand bandages we bought. Then, we buy more of the same, again and again, because we have now figured out its predictable, low-growth investment at the cost of the people.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join