It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian doctor makes anti-Obamacare senator look like a buffoon

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by bluesilver

So, your Govt run programs don't provide all things??? Man, here I thought you were being taxed so you don't have to worry about life.

Guess the Govt should take control of the "nicety" aspect, because after all, you can't have someone go without such things, only to have others able to get the nice things themselves.

So that is your response then? Instead of any intelligent reply to try and back up your view of our system being wrong, or to show how our system is worse than yours, you resort to sarcasm. Brilliant. Truly the response of the desperate.

Ok, you keep going with your system and have all those people without proper and universal health care, worried about their future as they can't afford a basic need, hating the system, with people like you looking after number one. Sounds really great...you must be the envy of the world...oh no, wait, you're not are you. Your system is held up as being what can go WRONG with healthcare. Or didn't you know? There is not one thing your system does that ours doesn't do, yet yours cost a fortune and I actually pay less than £80 per month for it for my entire family.

Remember, ours is the system that we are all happy with, that even costs us FAR less than yours does, free in some cases, that works, is flexible and is truly universal and that most of Europe has and those that don't have, would like.

Yeah, I wonder who has the better system...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

If we cannot afford universal health care for our citizens, then where do we keep finding the money for other citizens of other countries that have never paid a dime in taxes?:

Aid to Ukraine

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

MOMof3
I have a big sympathetic heart for the poor. Just the way I am.

So long as it is with other people's money. How very generous of you.

MOMof3
Conservatives actively pursue laws that punish the poor for being poor.

You mean like the ACA?

Or do you mean laws that push people to be resonsbile for their own actions???

I guess you fine with punishing people like myself, because others made poor choices.

MOMof3
Ever hear the old saying "can't get blood from a turnip"?

Now that is rich.

I guess that only applies to the poor. And not for those footing the bill.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

bluesilver

Remember, ours is the system that we are all happy with,

Sure they are.

Okay then.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

macman

bluesilver

Sure they are.

Okay then.

Back up your sarcasm. Find me examples where UK people say they would rather have your system then.
edit on 25-3-2014 by bluesilver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

bluesilver

macman

bluesilver

Sure they are.

Okay then.

Back up your sarcasm. Find me examples where UK people say they would rather have your system then.
edit on 25-3-2014 by bluesilver because: (no reason given)

You didn't state the want was for the US system. You stated that EVERYONE was happy with it.

Are we moving goalposts as a common practice?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I also wonder if anyone is unhappy with this as well?? www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

And you can get help with your anger issues under the ACA.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by macman

And you can get help with your anger issues under the ACA.

Oh, so it will remove the immoral and Unconstitutional aspect of me being financially responsible for others?

Great. Where do I sign up for that?

Is that all you got??? No self perceived clever statement of "Bless his Heart"???

I'm really at a lose for words. You usually have either some high and mighty attack, or some backhanded statement to throw out.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

macman

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I also wonder if anyone is unhappy with this as well?? www.telegraph.co.uk...

To answer your secound point first, the practice was not known about by Govt and was instantly banned. However, in all honesty I'm not sure what you would have them do with the remains other than cremation. But either way, like I say it was instantly stopped.

Now to your first point...

Forgetting the fact that the Daily Mail is considered to a sensationalist rag with about as much credibility as George Bush in a Mensa meeting, I'll try to address your point.

Firstly, the poll was with 1000 people. We don't know who they are or anything about questioning process. But to put it into perspective, the NHS treats about 1 million people every 36 hrs. So a poll of 1000 people is not exactly representative of anything really is it.

But even if we forget that we are talking about a poll that is something like 0.0000001% (feel free to do the actual maths if you like) the poll actually says:

46% says the NHS is either in reasonably good health or improving.
Doesn't sound too bad to me.
10% said it failed. That's 100 people. Failed at what exactly? Doesn't say.

Oh and by the way, that article was from 2006. So 8 years ago.

You will always find sensationalist articles or scare stories from the internet, which under scrutiny doesnt really prove much. I had thought you might have fully read them though before you try to use them in an argument against an entire system for health. But if you like I could find a lot of scare stories, sensationalist headlines and unfortunate cases about your system too.

What is that rustling noise. I believe that is the sound of someone trying to clutch at straws...

edit on 25-3-2014 by bluesilver because: No reason given

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Now that is funny. You come across like the Dems attacking Nate Silver today, because he stated there is a 60% change they will loose major elections this year.

So, since the polling data is not favorable, it is dismissed. Polling, which is touted here on ATS as a life driven certainty by every Progressive here, is now bunk.

I guess that it really is like you stated. Everyone there is happy skipping over rainbows with the healthcare they are stipend by your Govt.

Or wait.....Look what I found.

www.theguardian.com...

finance.townhall.com...

danieljmitchell.wordpress.com...

danieljmitchell.wordpress.com... man/

All seem to be really satisfied. Glad you are ALL happy and content with the service you are provided.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

bluesilver

To answer your secound point first, the practice was not known about by Govt and was instantly banned. However, in all honesty I'm not sure what you would have them do with the remains other than cremation. But either way, like I say it was instantly stopped.

And how is it that you know this?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

macman

Now that is funny. You come across like the Dems attacking Nate Silver today, because he stated there is a 60% change they will loose major elections this year.

So, since the polling data is not favorable, it is dismissed. Polling, which is touted here on ATS as a life driven certainty by every Progressive here, is now bunk.

I guess that it really is like you stated. Everyone there is happy skipping over rainbows with the healthcare they are stipend by your Govt.

www.theguardian.com...

finance.townhall.com...

All seem to be really satisfied. Glad you are ALL happy and content with the service you are provided.

And who is Daniel Mitchell??

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Easy Peasy...

Five Things About Me
1) I’m a Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute, Washington’s premier free-market think tank.

2) A left-wing newspaper in the U.K. wrote that I’m “a high priest of light tax, small state libertarianism.” I assume they meant it as an insult, but it’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said about me.

3) My hobbies are softball (decent player), basketball (hopeless), and skiing.

4) I’m a passionate Georgia Bulldog, so much so that I would have trouble choosing between a low-rate flat tax for America and a national title for the Dawgs. I’m not kidding.

5) Check out my YouTube channel. Thanks to a former intern, I even have a wikipedia page. And I’ve even sunk to the level of being on twitter, where I’m [snip]

(removed email address)

Right off the blog provided.

edit on 25/3/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

macman

www.theguardian.com...

finance.townhall.com...

Since when does ALL polling become valid? You gave an example from 8 years ago, using 1000 people, when over 1million people use the service every 36 hours... That is terrible quality of statistics

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

masqua

Easy Peasy...

Five Things About Me
1) I’m a Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute, Washington’s premier free-market think tank.

2) A left-wing newspaper in the U.K. wrote that I’m “a high priest of light tax, small state libertarianism.” I assume they meant it as an insult, but it’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said about me.

3) My hobbies are softball (decent player), basketball (hopeless), and skiing.

4) I’m a passionate Georgia Bulldog, so much so that I would have trouble choosing between a low-rate flat tax for America and a national title for the Dawgs. I’m not kidding.

5) Check out my YouTube channel. Thanks to a former intern, I even have a wikipedia page. And I’ve even sunk to the level of being on twitter, where I’m [snip]

(removed email address)

Right off the blog provided.

edit on 25/3/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

Right, so he isn't from the UK then. And never experienced first hand the system. Yet you take his views over mine. Is that because you agree with him?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Ummm... I don't think you meant to reply to me, cuz I'm a Canadian who has stated several times in this thread that I like my Health Care system and wouldn't change a thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

you dig around and find horror stories and scare stories if you like, but maybe put them into perspective with the QUANTITY of users of the system. One million users every 36hours. No system on earth, in any industry, in any country will have a system that works perfectly 100% of the time. However, based on the size, cost and relative few bad experiences we are more than happy. If you are trying to say that our system isn't perfect, fantastic, give yourself a biscuit as a reward. However, put things into perspective.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

masqua

Ummm... I don't think you meant to reply to me, cuz I'm a Canadian who has stated several times in this thread that I like my Health Care system and wouldn't change a thing.

Sorry, my mistake. I think after hitting my head against a brick wall for the last few days with macman I've just gone a bit crazy!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Whoa, silver. You're completely misreading things as to where my opinion lies. I'm not standing up for the fellow from Washington DC, who is with the Cato Institute.

They're a 'free market think tank who would really hate the Canadian Health Care system (which I adore).

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join