It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian doctor makes anti-Obamacare senator look like a buffoon

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Another of those small and uniquely Canadian gestures.. it's a not entirely uncommon experience to be in a lineup for coffee at the local Tim Hortons, roll up to the window and find that the person in the vehicle in front of you has paid for the orders of x-number of people behind them. I've had this experience, and was extremely greatful. Several friends have had the same thing happen, at more than one drive through.

It's not something that happens all the time, it's rare, but it's a common enough occurance where I can think of 5 or 6 people who've had it happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It establishes who is in control.
reply to post by macman

Well....considering that it was the Canadian people that gave them the mandate to tax us for Universal Healthcare...all I would be doing is failing to live up to my part of the social contract...the government funds healthcare...I help pay for it.

With holding my taxes wouldn't prove who was in charge....it would make me deliquent on my obligation, one that the Canadian people CHOSE themselves...but do you want to know something?

Even if I did with hold my taxes.....I would STILL enjoy full health coverage.

Things would be fine

Things in the US are far from fine. Healthcare is the least of your worries. You have lost the protections of the Constitution and your government has been fully taken over by banks and corporations. Your economy is in tatters....and on and on.

Please kindly regain control of YOUR Govt and the officials send over.

The Canadian doctor was INVITED by the Senate...we didn't ask to be there. I'm sure this lady has far more productive things to do than talk to a bunch of brain dead US Senators.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The number one cause of bankruptcies in America is medical bills.

I dont know how anyone could be comfortable with a reality like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I had a client who moved here (Chicago) and lived in a hotel with her family while undergoing treatment for her Cervical Cancer. The wait-time in Toronto was 4 months for the first treatment. Naturally, the family did not want to wait that long. Fortunately they had the financial means to come here and pay in full for the care. Nine months later, she was "cured" and everyone returned home happy and healthy.

Naturally, there are good experiences, and horror experiences, from both the USA and Canada...just like there are good and bad experiences with ObamaCare.

However, if you or someone you love contracted a dread disease, wouldn't you want to be treated where you could be helped the soonest? For this level of medical need, the USA wait-times are far less than they are in Canada, overall.
-cwm

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Your post to me just reiterates what I believe. Our best health care is for the highest bidders. They could afford a motel for nine months, pay cash for cancer treatment, and get cured! Do you know americans who choose to die rather than lose everything? I know three.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

carewemust
I had a client who moved here (Chicago) and lived in a hotel with her family while undergoing treatment for her Cervical Cancer. The wait-time in Toronto was 4 months for the first treatment. Naturally, the family did not want to wait that long. Fortunately they had the financial means to come here and pay in full for the care. Nine months later, she was "cured" and everyone returned home happy and healthy.

Naturally, there are good experiences, and horror experiences, from both the USA and Canada...just like there are good and bad experiences with ObamaCare.

However, if you or someone you love contracted a dread disease, wouldn't you want to be treated where you could be helped the soonest? For this level of medical need, the USA wait-times are far less than they are in Canada, overall.
-cwm

I can't confirm or deny what Canada would do, but I would assume it would be similar to here in the UK, you could go private and pay for faster treatment if you wanted to. The issue with the US seems to be that the ONLY treatment is private.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

macman
reply to

And regardless of cost, you want the Govt to provide about half the things in life that should be left to the person to provide for themselves.

No problem.

Maybe this will show a little of how we think in the UK.

Yesterday we had Sport Relief, it's been going for about 10 years now. It is put on every two years, normally with Children In Need in the year between. Plus we also have Comic Relief too, which is run every two years as well. They are all about raising money for charities and good causes here and abroad. They are HUGE things that a lot of people take part in to try and raise money. As I say, this is for charities home and abroad.

Yesterday Sport Relief raised more than £51 million pounds. In dollars that is over $84 million. It is expect to raise by at least another £15-20million more in the coming days once donations are all in as last time they raised £50million, and that finished at £68million. So that's well over $100 million dollars. Just last night.

Children in Need has so far (since starting in 1980, has raised over £600 million. That works out at around One Billion dollars.

Comic Relief has also raised well over $1 billion dollars.

What I'm trying to convey is that as a nation we have a history or wanting to help our fellow man, woman and child. Not just those in this country, but those in Africa and all over the world. We understand that not everyone is in a position to help themselves and we certainly don't think about just ourselves all the time. You keep saying that the Govt is controlling us and we are being forced to do this but hopefully after reading this you will see that WE want to help one another. It doesn't matter if we know them or not. If they are our family or not. Or even if they are in the same country as us. So please, stop saying that we are being forced into helping people when you can see that we willingly choose to do so.

For the record, since 2004 I've raised over £7000 for charity by putting on 6 long football tournaments.

If you are interested take a look:

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.sportrelief.com...

edit on 22-3-2014 by bluesilver because: no reason given

edit on 22-3-2014 by bluesilver because: no reason given

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

MOMof3

I believe the Canadians on the thread are trying to explain that the canadians decided as a people, to provide universal health care. That is their right, yes?

They did decide this, but still need Govt to enforce something that they want???

MOMof3
This liberal understands that time has not come to the hearts of americans yet.

Yeah, because ruling with your "heart" is always a great way to govern people.
Bottomless money pockets and good feelings will be the downfall......uh wait, have been the downfall of many.

MOMof3
I said I accept how my countryman are. I don't have to be happy about it. Conservatives can't control the human heart, as much as they would like to.

Conservatives don't want to control the heart. Hate to break it to you.
The only group that seems to want that, are Progressives like you. With I don't know, forced compassion, tax payer funded good feeling programs and such.

You seem to consistently get who you demonize with who you identify with switched.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

deadcalm

Well....considering that it was the Canadian people that gave them the mandate to tax us for Universal Healthcare...all I would be doing is failing to live up to my part of the social contract...the government funds healthcare...I help pay for it.

With holding my taxes wouldn't prove who was in charge....it would make me deliquent on my obligation, one that the Canadian people CHOSE themselves...but do you want to know something?

Even if I did with hold my taxes.....I would STILL enjoy full health coverage.

So, basically, you give a really heartfelt excuse as to why you won't with hold it.

That is nice, and basically proved my point.

deadcalm
Things in the US are far from fine. Healthcare is the least of your worries. You have lost the protections of the Constitution and your government has been fully taken over by banks and corporations. Your economy is in tatters....and on and on.

Now that I agree with.
Seems that the US has allowed too many "International" views to steer us towards crap that our country was not created for.
And the Progressive mindset has eroded most of those things as well.

deadcalm

The Canadian doctor was INVITED by the Senate...we didn't ask to be there. I'm sure this lady has far more productive things to do than talk to a bunch of brain dead US Senators.

Invited yes.
I really don't think she was forced and it was a PR stunt by the Progressive Dems.

Seems she played a really great part with this.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Leonidas
The number one cause of bankruptcies in America is medical bills.

I dont know how anyone could be comfortable with a reality like that.

No....

The number one reason for bankruptcy is poor financial planning on the individuals part.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I have a big sympathetic heart for the poor. Just the way I am. Conservatives actively pursue laws that punish the poor for being poor. Ever hear the old saying "can't get blood from a turnip"?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bluesilver

So you had people raise money for things. That is fantastic.

So what??

You are still forced to pay into this. Regardless of the charities or what have you.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

macman

MOMof3

I believe the Canadians on the thread are trying to explain that the canadians decided as a people, to provide universal health care. That is their right, yes?

They did decide this, but still need Govt to enforce something that they want???

I'm starting to believe you are deliberately trying to be ignorant now. He has repeatedly told you that the Canadian people have put into place a system to deliver the healthcare they want - Govt collect taxes and then redistribute to health. Why do you try to make out that it is the Govt controlling the people?? Yes, the Govt expect people to pay, because that is what the majority have asked for, so the Govt is doing what is expected of it.

How would you expect the Govt to behave when it has been given a task to do by its' people? The people have asked it to collect and redistribute tax money. Or do you think that people should individually go to their local hospital and hand over the money? Because surely you don't think that, do you???

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

macman

So you had people raise money for things. That is fantastic.

So what??

You are still forced to pay into this. Regardless of the charities or what have you.

What do you mean 'so what'? What is it that you are trying to say?

Forced to pay into what?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You gave a lengthy retort about how you had several functions that raised money for certain things.
Correct?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

absolutely

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Well I cant afford Obamacare. I will not be getting health care. It sounds great Canada, but we cant afford it. I am never sick, and now would have to pay every year like I had an expensive terminal disease.

I cant believe people still advocate for highway robbery and unjust policies.

Bail out the insurance companies sure. First the banks and investment firms, now insurance companies. GREAT....
This is just sick.
edit on 3 24 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

And I stated so what.

That is great that people are willing to add money to an already funded Govt program.
Seems odd though. I thought the Got took care of such things.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

macman

And I stated so what.

That is great that people are willing to add money to an already funded Govt program.
Seems odd though. I thought the Got took care of such things.

The money I helped raise was for many uses. Some of it was for things such as toys and extra niceties for children having to stay in hospital. So not NEEDS but things to make their stay more comfortable. Other uses were for programmes like short breaks for child carers. Things like that.

The money raised by Children In Need, Sport Relief and Comic Relief goes towards many social projects, both here and abroad. Helping to make clean water wells, education, vaccinations and general medical help in struggling countries.

The money used here is again used for social projects, such as help children in care, extra help for disabled people in the community etc. So not exactly under the Health system (NHS).

So on top of what the Govt distributes to hospitals etc via the taxes we willing give, we raise money for other care programmes both here and abroad that could use extra help.

So on top of a funded healthcare system, we also try to help people with non emergency needs too so that they can gave a happier life. Sometimes people are not in a position to help themselves.

Why, does your Heath system cover all of those things?

edit on 24-3-2014 by bluesilver because: No reason given

edit on 24-3-2014 by bluesilver because: No reason given

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So, your Govt run programs don't provide all things??? Man, here I thought you were being taxed so you don't have to worry about life.

Guess the Govt should take control of the "nicety" aspect, because after all, you can't have someone go without such things, only to have others able to get the nice things themselves.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join