It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate reaches deal on jobless benefits extension

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

As a matter of fact i do.

Their just going to require a degree for a cashier position to justify 120k college degrees.

Heres an experiment, next time you see a 25 year old working the register ask them if they went to college. Do it untill you find one that says yes and ask them what their degree is.

Then tell us how long it took to find a college graduate working a crappy job.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

onequestion

It doesnt matter what political party did it what matters is that it happened and the reason is happened is because of greed.

The reason it happened was NAFTA. Both parties were for it. That started the snowball in motion on top of the mountain. Corporations were Greedy WAAAAY before that and we still had good jobs.

H. Ross Perot was right. Listen to the very end of the clip........Dead on.

edit on 13-3-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

onequestion

As a matter of fact i do.

Their just going to require a degree for a cashier position to justify 120k college degrees.

Heres an experiment, next time you see a 25 year old working the register ask them if they went to college. Do it untill you find one that says yes and ask them what their degree is.

Then tell us how long it took to find a college graduate working a crappy job.

(Obviously you don't have a college degree by your grammar) You don't know the difference between their/they're.

Here's an experiment... how about you end up in their place instead of being so stuck up and uncompassionate?

You original quote:

onequestion
Its time these lazy dumbasses get jobs at mcdonalds and start pulling their own weight.

I saw a sign at Target that says their hiring maybe these people can get off their buts and go get jobs at Target.

MOST people are trying...

edit on 13-3-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

pavil
reply to post by lostbook

I don't think you are getting at what I am saying. In your opinion, which Party is more responsible for Job's leaving the U.S.?

I see. I might be wrong but I think it was President Nixon who started outsourcing jobs to China and selling pieces of America to the highest bidder. We were having serious financial problems; the Vietnam War was a losing effort-War is usually good for the economy but not in this case. I'm not a history buff but I think Nixon and his economic decisions after the Vietnam War is where you would start searching for answers.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

tinker9917

projectbane

lostbook
Thought this information would be of benefit to someone out there. The Senate has reached a deal to extend unemployment benefits for 5months to more than 2 million Americans. This extension will be retro-active as far as Dec. 28, 2013. Some will applaud and rejoice, some will say "boo.o.o.o.o.!" What say you, ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

5 more months of people sucking up money for nothing!!!
Jobless and Politicians have something in common - they sponge like leaches off everyone else!!

Good luck to the jobless and their free money!

Not really... all employers pay for unemployment insurance. If the "pot goes dry" in the state, they "borrow" but have to pay back the amount borrowed, which comes from further payments into the state unemployment insurance.

It is not "free money" as you put it. NOT the same as welfare.

Actually it is FREE money - to the jobless, most of whom are getting it for doing absolutely nothing. Why doesn't everyone just become a waste of space.

Something needs to be done about the people who do not, can't or just won't work for a living.

Maybe, they should be put to work for the state they live (Digging holes, litter collection, grass cutting, tree planting) in, paid a nominal fee till they find a proper job!!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Oh jeez.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

projectbane

tinker9917

projectbane

lostbook
Thought this information would be of benefit to someone out there. The Senate has reached a deal to extend unemployment benefits for 5months to more than 2 million Americans. This extension will be retro-active as far as Dec. 28, 2013. Some will applaud and rejoice, some will say "boo.o.o.o.o.!" What say you, ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

5 more months of people sucking up money for nothing!!!
Jobless and Politicians have something in common - they sponge like leaches off everyone else!!

Good luck to the jobless and their free money!

Not really... all employers pay for unemployment insurance. If the "pot goes dry" in the state, they "borrow" but have to pay back the amount borrowed, which comes from further payments into the state unemployment insurance.

It is not "free money" as you put it. NOT the same as welfare.

Actually it is FREE money - to the jobless, most of whom are getting it for doing absolutely nothing. Why doesn't everyone just become a waste of space.

Something needs to be done about the people who do not, can't or just won't work for a living.

Maybe, they should be put to work for the state they live (Digging holes, litter collection, grass cutting, tree planting) in, paid a nominal fee till they find a proper job!!

No, it's not free money. You only get unemployment for losing your job to NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN meaning layoff, NOT getting fired or quitting. You have to work for an employer for at least a year, in order to file for unemployment I believe, but all employers over all the years pay unemployment insurance for all employees. Even if they go 20 years with no layoffs, they still pay into unemployment the whole time.

It is NOT free government money. It is paid by a tax on all employers, over all the years they have been in business.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

onequestion

Oh jeez.

We are talking about unemployment benefits... not lack of jobs for recent college graduates looking for jobs and experience.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

No the lack of jobs and unemployment benefit extensions dont correlate your right.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

onequestion

No the lack of jobs and unemployment benefit extensions dont correlate your right.

Yeah, no jobs for the experienced, and no jobs for the up and coming graduates. It sucks...

We are both right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join