It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Malaysia Airliner Communications Shut Down Separately: US Officials Say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

These are specs for the 777 Freighter model, the aircraft in question was a 777-200ER (Extended Range).

So I presume it would be quite a bit lower, but from the best of my research thus far it would still be a couple hundred thousand pounds, depending on fuel load. Jet-A fuel weighs ~6.7 pounds per gallon, with a max capacity of 45,000 US gal, which would be 350,000 lbs fuel weight alone.

Though I suppose, the seats and any other unneeded hardware could be removed to trim off a significant amount of weight.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

IF, this plane has been hijacked, they couldn't have chosen a better one for payload. Other than some of the large military transports, which would be near impossible to hijack.

Stripped down of passenger compartments, it could carry quite a large payload, on a one way trip. Not a good thought.

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
How do they know it went in the direction towards the Indian Ocean? Are the pings indicating direction? I thought the pings only indicate the craft's engines were still operating for 4-5 hours longer after the transponder was turned off. Do the pings provide a GPS?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The "latest" news is that the plane went thousands of miles in the wrong direction. The interesting part of this is:

The 2 Iranian passengers with fake passports had arrived from Tehran to Kuala Lumpur last week.. If you look at the flight path from Tehran to Kuala Lumpur, you can see it goes across the Indian Ocean in generally the Opposite direction that they are saying the Malaysian flight Now was headed. Interesting. They may not have been headed to Tehran but my brain tells me this was a hi-jacking and the plane was being commandeered by the Iranians with the STOLEN passports.
edit on 13-3-2014 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Malaysia Airlines Expands Investigation To Include General Scope Of Space, Time

KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA—Following a host of conflicting reports in the wake of the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 last Saturday, representatives from the Kuala Lumpur–based carrier acknowledged they had widened their investigation into the vanished Boeing 777 aircraft today to encompass not only the possibilities of mechanical failure, pilot error, terrorist activity, or a botched hijacking, but also the overarching scope of space, time, and humankind’s place in the universe.

www.theonion.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

weirdguy

Malaysia Airlines Expands Investigation To Include General Scope Of Space, Time

KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA—Following a host of conflicting reports in the wake of the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 last Saturday, representatives from the Kuala Lumpur–based carrier acknowledged they had widened their investigation into the vanished Boeing 777 aircraft today to encompass not only the possibilities of mechanical failure, pilot error, terrorist activity, or a botched hijacking, but also the overarching scope of space, time, and humankind’s place in the universe.

www.theonion.com...

"The Onion" is satire. Nice try.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AreUKiddingMe

Sure they kid but isn't there some truth to all jokes?
As of right now that is a legit claim since no one really knows what happened to that plane.
A wrinkle in time and space is in the same realm of possibilities as a simple crash or even hijack until they find something of that plane.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Why did the Malaysians wait so long to cooperate and share the plane's data?
It could have been used to locate the missing plane much sooner. If they will find it now at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by daaskapital

If a Ufo swallows the plane all external communications will be lost

When you rule out what is definite and verifiable then that leaves the most improbable which actually may turn out to be the most probable……

PDUK

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources

(Reuters) - Military radar-tracking evidence suggests a Malaysia Airlines jetliner missing for nearly a week was deliberately flown across the Malay peninsula towards the Andaman Islands, sources familiar with the investigation told Reuters on Friday.

Two sources said an unidentified aircraft that investigators believe was Flight MH370 was following a route between navigational waypoints - indicating it was being flown by someone with aviation training - when it was last plotted on military radar off the country's northwest coast.

The last plot on the military radar's tracking suggested the plane was flying toward India's Andaman Islands, a chain of isles between the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal, they said.

Waypoints are geographic locations, worked out by calculating longitude and latitude, that help pilots navigate along established air corridors.

A third source familiar with the investigation said inquiries were focusing increasingly on the theory that someone who knew how to fly a plane deliberately diverted the flight, with 239 people on board, hundreds of miles off its intended course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Reuters

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Why don't we just watch the replay on our spy satellites to find out happened?

Maybe they'll find Amelia Earhart's plane first.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The United States Navy will find nothing in the Indian Ocean. There is no plane wreckage to be found there because the plane did not crash... I have no proof of this except for a sinking gut feeling but i trust my instincts. We WILL be seeing this plane again folks, and when we do, we will not be happy to see it. In the meantime - give it a day tops and news will be out that nothing was found in the Indian Ocean.

Mark my words

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It would be easier and more discreet for AQ to purchase a plane through intermediateries than hijack a plane. If they were to hijack for people on board, AQ would be chirping about it already.

Very odd though.....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Destinyone

I'm at the point where I am convinced the plane was hijacked. My heart goes out to the families of the missing people on-board.

I think we'll see this plane again, for a completely different purpose than it was intended.

Des

edit on 13-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

At this point in time, I concur with this statement. I'm afraid you are correct, we haven't seen the last of this plane, and the next time we see it, it won't be in a good way.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

AreUKiddingMe

The "latest" news is that the plane went thousands of miles in the wrong direction. The interesting part of this is:

The 2 Iranian passengers with fake passports had arrived from Tehran to Kuala Lumpur last week.. If you look at the flight path from Tehran to Kuala Lumpur, you can see it goes across the Indian Ocean in generally the Opposite direction that they are saying the Malaysian flight Now was headed. Interesting. They may not have been headed to Tehran but my brain tells me this was a hi-jacking and the plane was being commandeered by the Iranians with the STOLEN passports.
edit on 13-3-2014 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

Chillingly there's logic to this.

However, i don't see the Iranians hijacking this plane in order to bargain with it (as hijackers usually do). Nor to use it as a missile.

They'd leave a trail and provide the excuse the US are looking for to attack them. Which leads one to the conclusion that if this plane does reappear as a 'missile' then it's more likely a false flag op.

Or are the Iranian's really that stupid or crazy....? I don't think so.

ETA: if the Iranians are behind this, then there's another, more elusive reason. Best contenders for that honour are the 20 unfortunate Freescale Semiconductor employees.

edit on 14-3-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

McGinty

AreUKiddingMe

If Iranians didn't do this , perhaps its in there best interest to find that plane.

edit on 06331America/ChicagoFri, 14 Mar 2014 15:06:00 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

interupt42

McGinty

AreUKiddingMe

If Iranians didn't do this , perhaps its in there best interest to find that plane.

edit on 06331America/ChicagoFri, 14 Mar 2014 15:06:00 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

Yep !

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Daas I would like to congratulate you on another fine thread, I have been following this whole story from the start, my opinion has changed so many times I could probably get a job as a Malaysian military spokesman, I have found all your threads and posts for that matter very informative, if i could give you more stars I would, thanks for sharing your findings with us, its people like you that make ATS worth visiting

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Double post sorry

edit on 14-3-2014 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

violet

Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources

(Reuters) - Military radar-tracking evidence suggests a Malaysia Airlines jetliner missing for nearly a week was deliberately flown across the Malay peninsula towards the Andaman Islands, sources familiar with the investigation told Reuters on Friday.

Two sources said an unidentified aircraft that investigators believe was Flight MH370 was following a route between navigational waypoints - indicating it was being flown by someone with aviation training - when it was last plotted on military radar off the country's northwest coast.

The last plot on the military radar's tracking suggested the plane was flying toward India's Andaman Islands, a chain of isles between the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal, they said.

Waypoints are geographic locations, worked out by calculating longitude and latitude, that help pilots navigate along established air corridors.

A third source familiar with the investigation said inquiries were focusing increasingly on the theory that someone who knew how to fly a plane deliberately diverted the flight, with 239 people on board, hundreds of miles off its intended course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Reuters

Lots of human trafficking on those Andaman Islands.... ouch... I fear for the passengers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join