It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Malaysia Airliner Communications Shut Down Separately: US Officials Say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Two U.S. officials tell ABC News the U.S. believes that the shutdown of two communication systems happened separately on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. One source said this indicates the plane did not come out of the sky because of a catastrophic failure.

The data reporting system, they believe, was shut down at 1:07 a.m. The transponder -- which transmits location and altitude -- shut down at 1:21 a.m.

This indicates it may well have been a deliberate act, ABC News aviation consultant John Nance said.

International Malaysia Airliner Communications Shut Down Separately: US Officials Say

U.S. investigators told ABC News that the two modes of communication were "systematically shut down."

That means the U.S. team "is convinced that there was manual intervention," a source said, which means it was likely not an accident or catastrophic malfunction that took the plane out of the sky.

U.S. officials said earlier that they have an "indication" the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have crashed in the Indian Ocean and is moving the USS Kidd to the area to begin searching.

It's not clear what the indication was, but senior administration officials told ABC News the missing Malaysian flight continued to "ping" a satellite on an hourly basis after it lost contact with radar

Some updates on the missing airline story.

United States investigators believe that the plan may have crashed into the the Indian Ocean, after having pinged a satellite for a couple of hours beforehand. They are expanding the search area into the Indian Ocean as a result.

Furthermore, the US investigators have added that on-board communications systems were shut down manually, at different times, thus indicating that there was manual interference on board the plane. This, along with the fact that the plane had turned West, seems to indicate that the US seems to be somewhat correct on the situation. I'm not sure where they pulled the crash theory from though.
edit on 13-3-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I'm at the point where I am convinced the plane was hijacked. My heart goes out to the families of the missing people on-board.

I think we'll see this plane again, for a completely different purpose than it was intended.

Des

edit on 13-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Destinyone

I'm at the point where I am convinced the plane was hijacked. My heart goes out to the families of the missing people on-board.

I think we'll see this plane again, for a completely different purpose than it was intended.

Des

I agree. If the plane has not crashed into the Indian Ocean, as indicated by US officials, i am willing to bet that we will either see the plane used for a malicious act in the future, or we will never see it again, and the plane and its passengers will be sold into the black market...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
interesting story.

Were they bolting across the Indian Ocean for Somalia perhaps?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Or he air pirate thing? Someone mentioned that in another thread. They also said they might just use or sell the plane to transport drugs or such. Who knows at this point. It's a mess.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Or he air pirate thing? Someone mentioned that in another thread. They also said they might just use or sell the plane to transport drugs or such. Who knows at this point. It's a mess.

Yes, it is a mess. It's probably now part of the Al-Qaeda fleet, sitting in a hanger being outfitted for a future flight.

This will turn into an international nightmare, I'm afraid.

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
As sad as this is, it shows intense planning, and that means there are a lot of people that have knowledge of it.
A huge reward might ferret out a weak individual, and if that happens, seal teams will be on the way.

I certainly hope the passengers are still with us, and pray that whatever happened here is figured out soon, and perhaps something positive will come out of this terrible mess.

The most troubling aspect of this, besides the loss of the aircraft and passengers, is the incompetence and chaos that ensued in this investigation so far, and it is still going on. Those in charge, especially in Malaysia and China, need to be taken out of this industry and quickly replaced by people that know what the # they are doing. I think that if the right people were involved in this from the start, we would not be at this juncture presently. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Destinyone

~Lucidity

Yes, it is a mess. It's probably now part of the Al-Qaeda fleet, sitting in a hanger being outfitted for a future flight.

Des

Well if this goes the way many are speculating I certainly hope people remember and the appropriate heads will roll, if not then all bets are off....

Right now I cannot even put into words how pissed off the very thought of that makes me, well without getting an immediate ban that is.
edit on 13-3-2014 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The US satellite is probably one of the National Recon Office newly launched over the past few years to watch China closely.
We are getting the highly generic wording from "officials" about our capabilities.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There is a lot of need to know stuff going on. I strongly believe that airliner 370 was tracked by military radar, Malaysia have stated that they have given the US their military radar data "at a cost to their own security".

Just an example of military radar is Australia's northern array, you can see the range displayed by the red line. It extends for roughly 1000 nautical miles. I would assume that Malaysia, Indonesia and certainly India have radar with similar range and would have tracked any suspicious aircraft.

Manually flying a big 777 below the radar, also avoiding shipping lanes, flight paths even military CAP's is hard for me to accept.
edit on 13-3-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

All Lies, I am getting tired of all these threads people.

AWAKS Military Planes, Radar Jammers! This is what happened. Military can shut down and jam all forms of communication. Nothing was turned off in the plane like transponders, are you people that stupid to believe this? UFBVBLE!

People get off the apps and start learning something!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

PRS395

AWAKS Military Planes, Radar Jammers! This is what happened. Military can shut down and jam all forms of communication. Nothing was turned off in the plane like transponders, are you people that stupid to believe this? UFBVBLE!

Woah... Sounds like you have this all figured out.
Good theory, it would be great if you could present it without calling everyone stupid right off the bat...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

PRS395

Do you have that out of your system yet. Are you ready to continue in a civil discussion?

Are you suggesting some nation's military has the missing plane? How you do propose this happened, since you appear to think you know it all.

Please share with the rest of us...

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We might find that after the Somali ocean freighter pirating success ended, they turned their attention to "higher" targets with potentially larger rewards? There are always sinister minds working 24/7-365 to pull off a big heist of some sort.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If a Ufo swallows the plane all external communications will be lost

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

PRS395

AWACS - Fixed that for you. Airborne Warning And Control System.

en.wikipedia.org...

How's the view from that high horse?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Destinyone

~Lucidity

Des

I just had a chill run up my spine. What would the payload be on a massive Boeing 777 ?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Since you asked...from the Boeing 777 website...

Range and capacity leader

With a maximum takeoff weight of 766,800 pounds (347,810 kilograms), the 777 Freighter has a revenue payload capability of 112 tons (102 metric tons).

The 777 Freighter is capable of flying 4,900 nautical miles (9,070 km) with a full payload and general cargo market densities, making it the world's longest-range twin-engine freighter. The airplane's range capability translates into significant savings for cargo operators: fewer stops and associated landing fees, less congestion at transfer hubs, lower cargo handling costs and shorter cargo delivery times.

The 777 Freighter features capacity never seen before on a twin-engine freighter, accommodating 27 standard pallets (96 in x 125 in; 2.5 m x 3 m) on the main deck. The industry-standard 10-foot-high (3.1 m) pallets is accommodated by the large main deck cargo door that makes use of the airplane's volume capability. The lower cargo hold has the capacity for 10 pallets, as well as 600 cubic feet (17.0 cubic meters) of additional bulk cargo.
www.boeing.com...

Now, I'd like to know what gave you that chill down your spine...

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

If he is thinking payload as in how much explosives you could fit in a plane then I share the chill...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well, only one thing comes to mind when a stolen plane has the capacity to care a couple of hitchhikers of the atomic persuasion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join