It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Near Death and Astral Projection Experiences: Looking for Answers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Very interesting thread!

I've never had a NDE or OBE, but I used to get lucid dreams when I was a kid. Most of them started out as normal dreams and became lucid, if that is possible. Most of them oddly started as nightmares and I suddenly would realize "This is a dream." This actually occurred so often that I was able to train myself to wake up from a dream if I was afraid, ect. I haven't had a lucid dream in probably 10 years though.

The oddest dream I've had recently was a couple of months ago. I had a really close friend of mine pass away in 2012 in a violent way and I was pretty distraught over it. The day before the dream I was pretty upset over it out of the blue. I don't remember much about the dream itself other than my friend walked up to me, gave me a hug, and told me that she was okay. It wasn't until I woke up that morning did I realize the significance behind it. I believe when the deceased approach us in dreams, it is not simply a dream. I believe whole heartedly that this is them communicating with us.

I've read about AP for years and have always found it fascinating, though I've never been able to do it. To be fair I haven't given full effort into my attempts. Any tips?

I wonder if it possible to time travel through AP? For those of you able, you should definitely try by first trying to go back to a time in your past, and then try to go back to a time before you were even born. See how it works out and definitely get back to me.

I remember you said in page 1 or 2 that once while projecting you were able to see your husband drawing something. When you woke up, was what you saw actually what he drew?
edit on 4/20/2014 by UziXxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UziXxX

The oddest dream I've had recently was a couple of months ago. I had a really close friend of mine pass away in 2012 in a violent way and I was pretty distraught over it. The day before the dream I was pretty upset over it out of the blue. I don't remember much about the dream itself other than my friend walked up to me, gave me a hug, and told me that she was okay. It wasn't until I woke up that morning did I realize the significance behind it. I believe when the deceased approach us in dreams, it is not simply a dream. I believe whole heartedly that this is them communicating with us.

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy, and even more difficult when it's violent. A friend of mine was murdered in 2006 in an extremely violent manner and the case is still unsolved.

I believe those that have passed over visit our dreams. I always take comfort when my loved ones stop by for a visit.

I've read about AP for years and have always found it fascinating, though I've never been able to do it. To be fair I haven't given full effort into my attempts. Any tips?

Everyone is able to have an OBE/AP experience. To some it comes more naturally while others may have to work a little harder to obtain this experience. This is what works for me.

1. Dream Journal Dream Journal Dream.. Well you get it
I can never say this enough. Set your alarm 10 minutes earlier than you normally would and write as soon as you wake up. If there's something that happens during the day that triggers a memory of a dream, scribble that down and put it in your journal when you get home. I also have a regular old journal and this has helped me work through some of the crappy stuff that's happened in my life.

2. Meditation. I also use crystals during meditation but it's not required. Even if my day is super hectic and I just want to sit down and vegetate, I make myself mediate for at least 10 minutes. You know what, I'm glad I did every time. It's a good habit to get in to and helps ease the stress of the day away in to a distant memory.

3. This is the tricky part. There are tons of techniques for AP (I'll post a PDF link at the end that has many different techniques, they're similar with slight differences.) OK, so I find I have the success with OBE during afternoon naps. When sleep paralysis sets in, you hear a rushing wind like sound in your ears and vibrations in your body, roll over. Just try it. I found the "roll out" technique (that's what I coined it) works better than trying to sit up. Sitting up rarely works for me, i roll. Lol.

Now when I have days off, there's nothing better than starting it out with an OBE. I use the WBTB Method: Wake Back To Bed. I set my alarm clock for 430am and when it goes off, I get up and out of bed for 30 minutes minimum. This works for both lucid dreaming and astral projection.

The Wake Back To Bed Method
STEP ONE - Go to bed as normal and allow yourself to sleep for six hours. Set your alarm clock or have another early riser wake you up.

STEP TWO - After six hours, get out of bed and fully wake yourself up. Find something to occupy your brain to make you alert. Read about lucid dreaming if you want to stay focused on the subject. Stay alert for 20-60 minutes. (Hint: you must get out of bed!)

STEP THREE - Go back to bed and relax. If your mind is too alert, practice meditation, listen to brainwave entrainment and/or perform Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams. Use your visualization skills to place your mind back in the dreamscape and plan your next lucid dream as you fall asleep.
WBTB Method

I remember you said in page 1 or 2 that once while projecting you were able to see your husband drawing something. When you woke up, was what you saw actually what he drew?

I saw him working on a drawing but not what he was drawing. This has happened a few times, where I've had my OBE verified. During an afternoon astral travel I found myself at work. It was 3pm and I saw what was happening at my job during that time. Almost always there's a slight difference. They're the same but different if that makes sense. Probably not but that's what it feels like to me.

Here's the 66 Astral Projection Techniques PDF I mentioned. I don't use it myself but some members of another forum have used it, with success.

Hope I've helped! If you want it bad enough, you can do it! Safe travels

edit on 21-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling and spacing

<< 1  2  3   >>

join