It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel Four Mockumentary about 7 days national power loss.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
www.channel4.com...

I did search, came up blank - so here you are.

I found this riveting. All the scenarios were so well set up. I disgusted myself however by thinking about gun ownership.

Anyway, if it's not already being discussed - enjoy!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, it certainly is a real threat.

And it wouldn't take a hacker, just a strong enough solar flair to take out the grid, its a real concern that power companies are unprepared for.

As an example, no one is stocking the type of redundancy needed to replace equipment if it where to happen, so it could take months to repair key systems on the grid from such an event.

People, are not prepared in anyway in the cities for such an event, chaos would ensue, probably have to have martial law to keep things in check...

ATleast thats what they will say.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well, it certainly is a real threat.

Yes it is. It is an accepted conclusion that the next major terrorist attack will begin with a concerted effort to knock out transportation and communication, or at least disable them for a short time. America is ready with an alternative communications web called internet 'B' that should keep the military and civilian hubs functioning-or so they think-since it's impossible to simulate such in a war game or paper exercise..

There is a huge program that is thought to be called 'javelin' like spears that can be used to connect things-that is a Homeland security/FBI/CIA secret mess to react to such a threat-more than likely they are just trying to see how much money they can blow through.

As far as the Brits are concerned they will just take another big slug off the whiskey bottle and wait for America to save them-again.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

As a Brit. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your sacrifices in coming to save me. Now where's that whiskey.

On topic. I saw the documentary and really enjoyed it. Brings up quite a few questions. Especially for the survivalists out there. Great ending too. Reminded me of some of my friends who still live in London.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

nessie2uk
www.channel4.com...

I did search, came up blank - so here you are.

I found this riveting. All the scenarios were so well set up. I disgusted myself however by thinking about gun ownership.

Anyway, if it's not already being discussed - enjoy!

it is already being discussed on a couple of threads

here is one several months old

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Lol the UK barely has enough lightning juice in the grid to keep our heavy industry running, manufacturers are now getting taxed heavily during peak hours to discourage production as it could lead to a black out lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
When I try to watch it, I get an error saying the service is not available in my area. Is there a US version?

new topics

top topics

join