It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane may have been stolen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The mystery continues.
This is a troublesome new possibility.
One that a member here mentioned several
days ago.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: fix

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

The only issue I have with this is that taking a plane not full of 230 passengers is so much easier. Now if it is one rouge pilot that cares not a # for anyone on board? Maybe. Killing 236 people to do so? It does not make any sense whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm waiting for Malaysian Six to appear myself.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Lol, and everyone at work thought i was a nut.........gotta look at all angles, and it was the only possible reality.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What nonsense. Irrespective of how a plane was commandeered the moment passengers realised this they would be on their mobiles. There would be text messages at the very minimum. Unless every single passenger was part of "the gang".

Clealry this did not happen. If the plane went down slowly, same problem, passengers would relate the events on their phones.

Whatever happened happened quickly. An explosion and sudden loss is the most likely explanation.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

yorkshirelad
What nonsense. Irrespective of how a plane was commandeered the moment passengers realised this they would be on their mobiles. There would be text messages at the very minimum. Unless every single passenger was part of "the gang".

Clealry this did not happen. If the plane went down slowly, same problem, passengers would relate the events on their phones.

Whatever happened happened quickly. An explosion and sudden loss is the most likely explanation.

So sure? That is a flying can 35k feet in the air, zero cell reception except for the cell relay on the plane.....Those planes can be remotely accessed and flow, all systems controllable......Who said there was someone ON the plane taking control. Turn communications off, transponder off, cell relay off......the people are now in a jail with no commo at 35k feet.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My mind is open about this but I think it a tragedy and believe it most likely that the people are dead either way though I would not put the idea about terrorists turning it into a flying bomb out of the picture entirely.

According to a malayan woman I have met there was a rumor that the people's mobile phone's, near half of them where actually ringing when there number was dialed (with no one answering) but this is probably a rumor as most Airlines order mobile's turned off for fear of interference with the planes systems, also if in deep water they would most likely not work at all and at there range I doubt any transponders would be capable of reaching them anyway.

At any rate the only other possability is that a radical terrorist sect is trying to blackmail the indonesian government and holding the passengers hostage but this is unlikely due to the fact such an organization would have ensured the international media knew about this.

So sadly for the people including small children on board I feel it went down but it may have been a bomb due to the lack of communication and if powerful enough and the wreckage hit the water at speed then the fragments may be small.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Yeah I agree. That would complicate things.
At least the possibilities are being considered now
rather than some knee jerk baloney story that was the
initial media reaction.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Yeah, I can't figure it out.
More alarming to me is the fact that we spend
all this money on Surveillance tech, and there is
all this "spying" going on, yet we can't locate
the Very Type of thing that caused so much Damage to
begin with in 2001. Aircraft.

I find that difficult to accept.

edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

pointr97

yorkshirelad

So sure? That is a flying can 35k feet in the air, zero cell reception except for the cell relay on the plane.....Those planes can be remotely accessed and flow, all systems controllable......Who said there was someone ON the plane taking control. Turn communications off, transponder off, cell relay off......the people are now in a jail with no commo at 35k feet.

Exactly! There's a vey good video about why on 911 the calls that were SUPPOSED to have been made by those on the ...hijacked plains could NOT have been made!
And even today not all planes have a relay! And if they have they still need to be close enough to another relay for it to work.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The only things I have to say about the theory that it has landed somewhere is;

A passenger plane needs a big runway. It hasn't just landed on someone's private farm. It would have had to land at an airport with a suitably maintained runway if they want to use the plane again. That narrows the list of places it could have landed down a LOT. And the thing has Malaysian Airlines painted all over it. It would be pretty obvious that it was the missing passenger plane coming down runway and it would have been easy to spot by locals as it came in to land.

If the passengers are hostages, where are the ranson demands? Why are we not seeing them?

Sadly, I think the plane has crashed somehwere and all souls on board have perished.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Or maybe...there was no plane from the beginning.

Just a BIG distraction. Hey, look at the right hand while the left is drawing red lines...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I guess if it divebombed straight down into the water at maximum velocity
there might not be any wreckage to be found. Anybody know?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

By the way, Your Photos are really spectacular.
There is a lot of history in that series.
Wow

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Wildmanimal
reply to post by VoidHawk

By the way, Your Photos are really spectacular.
There is a lot of history in that series.
Wow

Dont want to stray off topic but I agree. I've got a lot more of them and will post them soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

There is always wreckage to be found. It will be out there somewhere. Don't forget that it took a couple of years to find the missing Air France plane that went down between Brazil and Paris.

The mystery with this plane seems to be whether it did indeed fly on or not. There are threads here on ATS with news reports that suggest that the Malaysian military may have picked the plane up on their radar an hour after it disappeared from the civil aviation radar and that it was far off course at that time. There is also another thread that claims that the plane automatically sends data in from it's operating systems to Boeing and that it shows that the engines ran for another 5 hours.

It might be a case of it was hijacked and trying to go to some terrorist base but it ran out of fuel and crashed into the sea far off its original course.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Apparently, DigitalGlobe is providing Satellite photos for people
to help search for clues with their computers.

Link to Crowd Sourcing Page: www.digitalglobe.com...
edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: add link

Tomnod is stuck right now though
edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: add line

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, the whole thing is certainly bizarre. A devastating bomb? that sounds logical, but that would have more than likely meant some kind of floating wreckage, insulation, light plastic panels, memorabilia, fuel and all that kind of thing, while there is zilch.

A hi-jacking also seems logical, and there are those cases where it happened and the planes were lost, like the Ethiopia airlines hi-jack and crash, the plane simply ran out of fuel eventually.

A suicide hi-jacker is not unknown, like the Fed-Ex worker Calloway, nor is a suicide pilot.
The US observers idea of stealing a plane for reuse of any kind is still a hi-jack, though what you would do with passengers is anybody's guess, although in this day and age, you could be near sure someone would manage to keep control of a mobile somewhere on the plane, just as happened on the 'Arctic Sea' ship hi-jack, another very weird event. I suppose it is a possibility if they also already know there was a flyer in the passenger list, if not, it would still be the captain flying, under duress or otherwise.
There is the other thing though, the two passports being used illegally even though they had been reported stolen but got them through..okay it seems that the two were just using them to make the flight, but what if there had also been more illegally used passports that had not been reported stolen, I see no reason that they wouldn't have made the flight under the circumstances. Curiously, an airport official also made the statement that the two men who got on board the plane, looked like the two who's stolen passports they were using, was that an unwisely defensive remark, or did it mean that the two boarders were actually the passport stealer's? Whatever, that statement had to mean something.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

yorkshirelad

The problem is that one must be in cell range in order to complete those calls or text messages. On a flight over water you're at the mercy of the onboard relay. If tracking transpenders were disabled, I doubt disabling the cell transponder would be very hard to disable as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Wildmanimal
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Yeah, I can't figure it out.
More alarming to me is the fact that we spend
all this money on Surveillance tech, and there is
all this "spying" going on, yet we can't locate
the Very Type of thing that caused so much Damage to
begin with in 2001. Aircraft.

I find that difficult to accept.

edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

Probably what the US observers were getting at, it's what you don't say that is meant to count though...by this time all the parties on board should have been thoroughly sussed out.

<<   2 >>

join